Windows 10: Did D:\ instead of D:\Documents for C:\Users\DELL\Documents while changing location

Discus and support Did D:\ instead of D:\Documents for C:\Users\DELL\Documents while changing location in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello,While changing the location, I Did D:\ instead of D:\Documents for C:\Users\DELL\Documents.Now, i am not able to make to D:\Documents, it shows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Sushma Shrestha, May 22, 2022.

1. Did D:\ instead of D:\Documents for C:\Users\DELL\Documents while changing location

Hello,While changing the location, I Did D:\ instead of D:\Documents for C:\Users\DELL\Documents.Now, i am not able to make to D:\Documents, it shows as belowPlease help me. What can i do?

:)

Sushma Shrestha, May 22, 2022

2. Need to redirect "C:\Users\Dave\Documents" to "D:\doher\Documents"

Exactly, and I did use mklink as you suggested. The links now work in my documents without haveing to edit them. So far, no downside.
    -- Thanks for the help.

This is what I used:

Code:

nhbeachguy, May 22, 2022
  3. I changed my location for 'Documents' and now Drive D has the 'Documents' icon

I've always changed the location of Documents and Downloads to my 'Data' partition. I just did a clean install of Windows 10 and changed Documents location to drive D. Usually the icon for these two folders follows and displays on drive D.

Not sure why it didn't this time, but can you tell me how I can change these 2 folder icons? I know how to change icons, but I don't see these 2 icons in the list of Windows icons.

Thx.

ckbeme102598, May 22, 2022
  4. sonicwind Win User

Did D:\ instead of D:\Documents for C:\Users\DELL\Documents while changing location

I messed up moving Documents folder location to D:\

I messed up trying to move my Documents folder location to my D:\ data partition.

I was following this tutorial, but not carefully enough: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/...dows-10-a.html

I didn't create a new Documents folder on the D:\ partition first, as the tutorial says to do. I clicked on "Move..." and selected the D:\ partition itself for the new location.

Now, in the menu on the left in File Explorer:

* Under Quick Access, it no longer shows a Documents folder, instead it says D:\ and has a document icon.

* Under my User Profile, it no longer shows a Documents folder, instead it has the name of my D:\ partition and the hard drive icon.

* If I click on my D:\ drive label under This PC, it shows the empty My Bluetooth folder that should be in the Documents folder.

I then tried making a Documents folder on the D:\ drive and moving it again, but I get the error: The folder can't be moved here. Can't redirect a parent into a child. The specified path is invalid."

How do I undo this and try again? I'm going to ask before I make it worse. I didn't have any documents in the folder yet.

I hope this is clear. Thank you for your time.

sonicwind, May 22, 2022
Thema:

Did D:\ instead of D:\Documents for C:\Users\DELL\Documents while changing location

1. Did D:\ instead of D:\Documents for C:\Users\DELL\Documents while changing location - Similar Threads - Did instead Documents

2. Did D:\ instead of D:\Documents for C:\Users\DELL\Documents while changing location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Did D:\ instead of D:\Documents for C:\Users\DELL\Documents while changing location: Hello,While changing the location, I Did D:\ instead of D:\Documents for C:\Users\DELL\Documents.Now, i am not able to make to D:\Documents, it shows as belowPlease help me. What can i do?...
  3. Change properties location of C:\users\username\ to D:\

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change properties location of C:\users\username\ to D:\: What happens if I go into the C:\users\username\ folder properties and change the location of the folder to D:\? I have already changed the location of most all? the C:\users\username\ subfolders to D:\, but Win11 keeps adding subfolders back to the C:\users\username folder....
  4. Change properties location of C:\users\username\ to D:\

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change properties location of C:\users\username\ to D:\: What happens if I go into the C:\users\username\ folder properties and change the location of the folder to D:\? I have already changed the location of most all? the C:\users\username\ subfolders to D:\, but Win11 keeps adding subfolders back to the C:\users\username folder....
  5. Changing C:/ to D:/

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Changing C:/ to D:/: Hi I have a computer that has a C drive and a D drive. My C drive is much smaller than my D drive and is nearly full. Therefore I want to change the default location of programs, documents, images, downloads etc to D drive. how do I do this? see attached...
  6. Changing C:/ to D:/

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing C:/ to D:/: Hi I have a computer that has a C drive and a D drive. My C drive is much smaller than my D drive and is nearly full. Therefore I want to change the default location of programs, documents, images, downloads etc to D drive. how do I do this? see attached...
  7. Changing C:/ to D:/

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Cannot change location of Documents from C drive to D drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot change location of Documents from C drive to D drive: I want to change the location of "Documents" under "This PC" from the standard 'C:\Users\Guy\Documents' to 'D:\Documents'. The main reason being that the disk capacity of my C drive is quite small. I tried changing the location in properties for 'C:\Users\Guy\Documents' to...
  9. Unable to Change Location of Documents Folder From C: Drive to D: Drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to Change Location of Documents Folder From C: Drive to D: Drive: I followed instructions I found online to right click Documents, click on Properties, and change Location from C:\Users\Owner\Documents to D: I did that and got the message:The folder can't be moved here. Unexpected error from PerformRedirection The filename or extension is...
  10. Download problems after changing location from C to D

in Windows 10 Support
    Download problems after changing location from C to D: Hi, I just bought new computer that has Windows 10. Before I was using Vista. Drive C is smaller and I wanted to use it only for system files. So I have changed location for downloading files to D in computer settings and in my Firefox. But files either don`t download at all...