Windows 10: Did deleting my original user account ruin my Windows 10?

Discus and support Did deleting my original user account ruin my Windows 10? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Hi everyone. I built my own PC last year and installed Windows 10. Once everything was up and running, I noticed my User folder was all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/MinnesotaPower, Feb 16, 2021.

1. Did deleting my original user account ruin my Windows 10?

Did deleting my original user account ruin my Windows 10? zH45GBgMB_2sV4TqJFCYUYdf1PQmR5ovLG0bXE6mw2M.jpg

Hi everyone. I built my own PC last year and installed Windows 10. Once everything was up and running, I noticed my User folder was all lowercase. If my name was Steve, the file path would have been C:\Users\steve

I couldn't live with this. I learned all Microsoft user accounts are set up this way. So I created a local account instead (we'll say C:\Users\Steven), made that account an administrator, and then deleted my original "steve" account. Since then, I have been getting error messages in Windows itself and also in Office applications (see images below) saying there's an account error and I need to sign in again. When I sign in, the error messages go away, but they always return inevitably. I'm worried now that perhaps my licenses have been corrupted or something. What happens if I don't sign into my Microsoft account? I feel like John Locke in the show Lost where he has enter a code every 108 minutes or else an unspecified catastrophe will happen.

Did deleting my original Microsoft user account ruin my copy of Windows 10? Or is this a different problem? I'm this close to reinstalling Windows entirely, but I'd like to avoid doing so if possible. Thanks.

https://preview.redd.it/mkwppqvnnwh...bp&s=c35217e2be95f084077e5201ce2f7e151ae773a1

https://preview.redd.it/ksjgfh13swh...bp&s=9d2fb3590a666fcd57bba755a070ff92f66e6153

submitted by /u/MinnesotaPower
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/MinnesotaPower, Feb 16, 2021
  2. 95Viper Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Look at this thread,How to Delete a User Account in Windows 10, it may help. You can try the various methods.
    Make sure you are using an administrative account when removing the account or log on using the Administrator's account.

Or, if you are patient and know what you are doing, manually remove it.

Either way, Goodluck.

95Viper, Feb 16, 2021
  3. Zakin Win User
    Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Did deleting my original user account ruin my Windows 10? :(

Zakin, Feb 16, 2021
  4. Steve_809 Win User

Did deleting my original user account ruin my Windows 10?

Unknown User Account created after upgrading to windows 10. It comes back if I delete it.

Original Title: Unknown User Account

Hello,

Since I upgraded to Windows 10 I am seeing an account that I did NOT create. So I deleted it by going into Control Panel > All Control Panel Items > User Accounts > Manage Accounts then I click on the unknown user account and delete it. That said.... It
    comes back. I have also followed the below suggestions from other posts and still does not seem to work.

Let’s try simple steps and check if the user account is detecting and try removing it.

• Press Windows key + R, type netplwiz and press Enter.

• Check if the user account is appearing on the list.

• Click on user account and click on Remove. (If user account appear on the list).
    Please advise.

Thank you

Steve_809, Feb 16, 2021
Thema:

Did deleting my original user account ruin my Windows 10?

1. Did deleting my original user account ruin my Windows 10? - Similar Threads - Did deleting original

2. Second Minecraft account deleted my original???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Second Minecraft account deleted my original???: I've had the same minecraft account for years. A couple months ago I bought a second account for a roommate to use and as a camera. Now all I have is the camera account. I still have the UUID from my original account....
  3. Second Minecraft account deleted my original???

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Second Minecraft account deleted my original???: I've had the same minecraft account for years. A couple months ago I bought a second account for a roommate to use and as a camera. Now all I have is the camera account. I still have the UUID from my original account....
  4. Second Minecraft account deleted my original???

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Second Minecraft account deleted my original???

6. Restore Deleted Original Administrative User Account & Files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restore Deleted Original Administrative User Account & Files: Hello,I created a new administrative user account with my original administrative account and then I went ahead and deleted the original administrative account with that new administration account I had just created. I did this before pulling some of the data I needed from...
  7. Restore Deleted Original Administrative User Account & Files

Restore Deleted Original Administrative User Account & Files: Hello,I created a new administrative user account with my original administrative account and then I went ahead and deleted the original administrative account with that new administration account I had just created. I did this before pulling some of the data I needed from...
  8. Restore Deleted Original Administrative User Account & Files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Microsoft is ruining my minecraft account.

Microsoft is ruining my minecraft account.: I play minecraft multiplayer, but apparently if you aren't an adult you aren't allowed to play on any servers at all. How did this happen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-is-ruining-my-minecraft-account/5de82b59-6b0a-49c0-adb4-9ab9e32a7031
  10. Did I delete my user account?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Did I delete my user account?: I got a new computer with Windows 10 on it and saw it gave me a username that is half of what I want it to be. I went to start>netplwiz and changed the name to what it was on my old computer. It changed the name. Great. Then I got the following error when I went to the start...