Windows 10: Did I accidentally give them access to my computer files?

Discus and support Did I accidentally give them access to my computer files? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Good afternoon, A few days ago, I got a notification that asked me to link my email address to something I think it was onedrive. I know this... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Sam7564, Sep 27, 2020.

1. Sam7564 Win User

Did I accidentally give them access to my computer files?

Good afternoon,

A few days ago, I got a notification that asked me to link my email address to something I think it was onedrive.

I know this notification was legitimate, I haven't done anything that could give me a virus.

I put in the first email address I could think of.

However, a person who I do not speak to anymore also has the password for that email account.

They messaged me yesterday, asking why they had recieved a notification about some kind of account setup thing.

That email account was also linked to a windows 10 account on a computer that they have access to.

They do not have access to the physical computer machine that I am using.

I am not on good terms with this person, and I am scared that they can now access my webcam, microphone, and my files.

They are good with computers as in, they are a computer programmer, so I am scared that they can connect to my computer to steal my online banking information.

Is it possible for them to do this?

Please help me, I have been worrying all day.

:)

Sam7564, Sep 27, 2020
  2. taward Win User

One computer cannot access other network computers.

So I've tried every troubleshooting step I know:
    • Double checked that Net Bios was enabled
    • Ran a bunch of network commands:
      • flushed DNS
      • registered dns
      • pinged and located the named computers successfully
    • Reset my router to factory settings

Nothing works when I try to access via explorer. I'm still baffled by the fact that every other computer can access each other AND access this computer. It's just the outgoing connection from this machine that doesn't work.

Any thoughts?

taward, Sep 27, 2020
  3. Ross211 Win User
    Remote access to my (local) server's folders

But what if he tries to access this mapped drive when he is not on the same subnet of his server ?

Ross211, Sep 27, 2020
Thema:

Did I accidentally give them access to my computer files?

1. Did I accidentally give them access to my computer files? - Similar Threads - Did accidentally access

2. Accidentally Allowed School Access to Computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accidentally Allowed School Access to Computer: I accidentally allowed my school access to my computer when I was downloading excel and clicked the enable access to a computer. I removed the account from the settings, but it is still managing my laptop after that and has made me change my password multiple times. How can I...
  3. Accidentally Allowed School Access to Computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Accidentally Allowed School Access to Computer: I accidentally allowed my school access to my computer when I was downloading excel and clicked the enable access to a computer. I removed the account from the settings, but it is still managing my laptop after that and has made me change my password multiple times. How can I...
  4. Why did my archives disappeared if I did not delete them?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why did my archives disappeared if I did not delete them?: I checked the files app and I noticed that some files located in the Downloads folder suddenly disappeared and I did not dele them. I went to check the Recicle Bin and they're not even there. I can't seem to find them. I have no idea where to look for them either or how to...
  5. Why did my archives disappeared if I did not delete them?

Why did my archives disappeared if I did not delete them?: I checked the files app and I noticed that some files located in the Downloads folder suddenly disappeared and I did not dele them. I went to check the Recicle Bin and they're not even there. I can't seem to find them. I have no idea where to look for them either or how to...
  6. My computer is stuck at this there is no updates to be done I did them the other day. If I...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My computer is stuck at this there is no updates to be done I did them the other day. If I...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/pissedoffmfer000 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ijzqde/my_computer_is_stuck_at_this_there_is_no_updates/
  7. Why did my files double in size when I copied them?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why did my files double in size when I copied them?: Ok, so... I am preparing for the possibility I might have to evacuate due to a natural disaster in my area. Because of this, I thought it might be a good idea to backup my pc in case I need to buy a new one. so I found the largest portable drive I could find (a 2TB WD...
  8. Windows 10 removed Programs, I did not give permission for them to be removed??????????????????

Windows 10 removed Programs, I did not give permission for them to be removed??????????????????: Windows 10 has removed Programs. Word 8 Program is gone over 400 files gone???????????????????????????????????? Outlook removed missing Appointments and Business Information missing????????????????????????????????? Virus protection is gone, and turned off....
  9. I Did Something Bad To My External HDD's & Can't Access Them.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I Did Something Bad To My External HDD's & Can't Access Them.: Greetings. I have two external HDD docks. One is a single bay (USB 2.0) and the other is a dual bay (USB 3.0) I have two 3.5 inch HDD's and one 2.5 inch HDD, that I use the docks for. I will name the HDD's thus: 1x 3.5 is #0. 1x 3.5 is #2. The 2.5 is #23. Using the two bay...
  10. I Did Something Bad To My External HDD's & Can't Access Them.

in Windows 10 Support
    I Did Something Bad To My External HDD's & Can't Access Them.: Greetings. I have two external HDD docks. One is a single bay (USB 2.0) and the other is a dual bay (USB 3.0) I have two 3.5 inch HDD's and one 2.5 inch HDD, that I use the docks for. I will name the HDD's thus: 1x 3.5 is #0. 1x 3.5 is #2. The 2.5 is #23. Using the two bay...