Windows 10: Did I break my computer?

Discus and support Did I break my computer? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So when I got home from work I turned on my pc and was presented with a blue screen. My mom told me the power flickered and that that could be the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/blackvulture_, Jul 15, 2020.

1. Did I break my computer?

So when I got home from work I turned on my pc and was presented with a blue screen. My mom told me the power flickered and that that could be the reason, so I restarted and forgot about it. I was trying to open Microsoft store and it kept crashing every time I tried to open it. I went to the website called windows report (at least that's what I think it was) and it told me to enter this into powershell

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)AppXManifest.xml”}

I decided it was safe because I'm totally capable of making that decision Anyway it flashed a bunch of red text that said something like "missing" and "file not found" When that didn't work I decided I'll just restart my PC and see if that will work. It didn't, and every time the PC tried to boot it presented me with a blue screen. We tried automatic repair/startup repair, system restore and nothings working.

Now I'm lost, did I break my PC with the powershell code or was it just the power flickering? Did I do this? Is it fixable

submitted by /u/blackvulture_
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/blackvulture_, Jul 15, 2020

2. Windows 10 Pro and Ergnomic Break Reminder

Hi,

Apologies for the late reply.

Do you remember installing any break reminder software?

It looks like it is a pop up from a break reminder software.

I suggest you to look for this in Programs in features and uninstall it if do not use it.

Try the following steps:

• Press Windows + R keys to open Run Command

• Type Appwiz.cpl and hit enter

• Search for the programs and un-install it.

Regards,

Waseemulla S, Jul 15, 2020
  3. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Jul 15, 2020
  4. Bree Win User

Did I break my computer?

Urgent help: Did I break my system?

Did you take the last step in Option Four? You have to sign out and back in again for the changes to take effect.

Thema:

Did I break my computer?

1. Did I break my computer? - Similar Threads - Did break computer

2. Did the last update break my sound system?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Did the last update break my sound system?: No sound since Windows 11 Insider Preview 10.0.26052.1100 ge_release update yesterday. The sound symbol is X off and the volume slider is set to zero. If moved, it goes back to zero. The audio troubleshooter runs and runs with no results. My monitor is a Samsung TV and uses...
  3. Did the last update break my sound system?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Did the last update break my sound system?: No sound since Windows 11 Insider Preview 10.0.26052.1100 ge_release update yesterday. The sound symbol is X off and the volume slider is set to zero. If moved, it goes back to zero. The audio troubleshooter runs and runs with no results. My monitor is a Samsung TV and uses...
  4. Why did my IPV4 change break everything?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why did my IPV4 change break everything?: I recently manually changed my IPV4 address on my laptop but noticed afterwards that all my games and apps stopped working and the redirects all thought I was disconnected from the Internet even though I very much am not. I changed it back to the original one but everything...
  5. Why did my IPV4 change break everything?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why did my IPV4 change break everything?: I recently manually changed my IPV4 address on my laptop but noticed afterwards that all my games and apps stopped working and the redirects all thought I was disconnected from the Internet even though I very much am not. I changed it back to the original one but everything...
  6. Why did my IPV4 change break everything?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Did my PC break my mic?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Did my PC break my mic?: One day when I was talking to people and my mic was working perfectly fine, my PC decided to shut off randomly on its own, probably due to overheating but it could be another reason. Anyway, ever since I turned my PC back on, my mic no longer picks up my voice. Usually...
  8. why did you break my audio

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    why did you break my audio: your stupid mandatory update broke my headset and does not allow any sound to come through my speakers any more i would like a full refund to my account or this fixed immediately....
  9. Urgent help: Did I break my system?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Urgent help: Did I break my system?: Hi, I wanted to change my user account name cause it sounded ridiculous. I could not find an option in the Control Panel so I followed the 4th method under this link: Change User Name of Account in Windows 10 | Windows 10 Tutorials In short I did Win+R, netplwiz, clicked on...
  10. Did Windows 10 just Break My PC?

in Windows 10 Support
    Did Windows 10 just Break My PC?: *MadEver since install..all 3 pc's have been acting weird....won't sleep or shut down properly, random crashes, go away 30 min. and when I come back, all my icons are huge...???? and just now my Desk Top just powered off and it's completely DEAD!!!. No lights on the MB,...