Windows 10: Did I buy the wrong certificate?

Discus and support Did I buy the wrong certificate? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I am trying to buy a code signing certificate so people do not get an anti-virus pop-up when they download my application (which does not have a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ralphgame, Oct 30, 2019.

1. Did I buy the wrong certificate?

I am trying to buy a code signing certificate so people do not get an anti-virus pop-up when they download my application (which does not have a virus). I bought the one circled in this picture https://imgur.com/K6Cpydw from Sectigo, is this the right one to have bought? Thanks

submitted by /u/ralphgame
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ralphgame, Oct 30, 2019
  2. Joe Pitt Win User

IKEv2 Using Wrong Machine Certificate

I have two IKEv2 VPNs setup on my Surface Pro 4, both use Machine Certificates.

There are two Machine Certificates on the device, one for each VPN.

One works absolutely fine, however, the other sends the wrong certificate and as expected gets rejected. "IKE authentication credentials are unacceptable"

The server sends a certificate request for the correct CA,

Windows sends certificate requests for its full list of trusted CAs, including the correct CA,

Windows then ignores the certificate requests and sends the wrong Certificate (i.e. the one for the other VPN).

Installing the same machine certificate onto my Android Phone, using StrongSwan I can connect fine to both VPNs.

Any ideas on how to get Windows to respect the server's certificate requests and send the right certificate?

Joe Pitt, Oct 30, 2019
  3. Ryan Fra Win User
    Security certificate issue

Hi Doug,

To help you resolve your concern, please follow these steps:

• Open Microsoft Edge and access Nextdoor.com, click
      Continue to this website (not recommended). There should be a
      Certificate warning
      that will appear.
    • Click the Certificate Error button to open the information window.
    • Click View Certificates, and then click Install Certificate.
    • On the warning message that appears, click Yes to install the certificate.

Please let us know the outcome

Ryan Fra, Oct 30, 2019
  4. Did I buy the wrong certificate?

N8 certificates not trusted/don't match the name

Well I worked out for myself how to verify the certificates are genuine:

• Using a desktop computer
    • Go to the page with the certificates
    • Select a certificate
    • It will say either:
      • Certificate already exists - this confirms that the certificate on the website matches one already in your browser, which we already trust, therefore the certificate on the website is trustworthy
      • Asks if you want to install the certificate, DON'T.
        • First view the certificate details.
        • Copy the certificate serial number or SHA1/SHA256/MD5/etc hash
        • Paste this into a search engine
        • If another website that you trust lists the certificate, e.g. your phone manufacturer or another trusted website (preferably a secure website, therefore you have confidence the website is genuine), then you can trust the certificate
        • If no trustworthy sites are returned in the search then try another hash or serial number
        • If you can't find any trustworthy sites listing the certificate then I suggest you don't trust it.
    • Finally, if you decide you trust a certificate then you can download and install on your phone.

CurvyClover488, Oct 30, 2019
Thema:

Did I buy the wrong certificate?

1. Did I buy the wrong certificate? - Similar Threads - Did buy wrong

2. What did I do wrong?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What did I do wrong?: So I got the newest update on my Lenovo Laptop. I got the KB5034765 update. It worked alright after fixing some problems, but the start menu search bar and screenshot button doesn't work. I don't know if it's related or not. Then I tried different options of restarting...
  3. What did I do wrong?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What did I do wrong?: So I got the newest update on my Lenovo Laptop. I got the KB5034765 update. It worked alright after fixing some problems, but the start menu search bar and screenshot button doesn't work. I don't know if it's related or not. Then I tried different options of restarting...
  4. I wrong buy robux

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I wrong buy robux: I made a 400 robux purchase at the Microsoft Store, but when I bought it I didn't get the code / robux to my account, I mistakenly thought that this purchase was required to use an xbox, while I don't have an xbox here, can you help me change the code to 400 robux? / refund...
  5. I wrong buy robux

I wrong buy robux: I made a 400 robux purchase at the Microsoft Store, but when I bought it I didn't get the code / robux to my account, I mistakenly thought that this purchase was required to use an xbox, while I don't have an xbox here, can you help me change the code to 400 robux? / refund...
  6. What did I do wrong?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    What did I do wrong?: What did I do wrong? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-did-i-do-wrong/35e1d3f9-e65d-4b04-a52b-410549a44cc1
  7. What did I do wrong?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What did I do wrong?: What did I do wrong? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-did-i-do-wrong/35e1d3f9-e65d-4b04-a52b-410549a44cc1
  8. What did I do wrong?

9. Did I Accidently Buy the Wrong Game Version?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Did I Accidently Buy the Wrong Game Version?: I bought Minecraft on the Microsoft Store to play on my pc: https://www.microsoft.com/en-za/p/minecraft/9nblggh537bl#activetab=pivot:overviewtabBut when I click on the Install on my devices button, it says: "It looks like you don't have any applicable devices linked to your...
  10. Buy Genuine CELPIP certificate

Buy Genuine CELPIP certificate: Buy Genuine CELPIP certificate celpip certificate without exam, Are you worried that the certificate you get can be fake? Don’t worry, as we offer Genuine CELPIP certificate for sale. From us, you can buy genuine CELPIP certificate without exam. We let you buy CELPIP...