Windows 10: Did I delete needed files on a usb drive?

Discus and support Did I delete needed files on a usb drive? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I needed a usb drive on which to burn a program to use on another PC. When I found a drive to use, it had several outdated files so I deleted them. It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by VillageIdiot, May 10, 2020.

1. Did I delete needed files on a usb drive?

I needed a usb drive on which to burn a program to use on another PC. When I found a drive to use, it had several outdated files so I deleted them. It also had 2 folders that were named the same as the brand of drive, Cruze. I left those on the drive.

I burned the program and when I checked what it contained, there were all new files but the 2 files named "Cruze-something" were missing. Are those needed to be able to use the drive? Is there a way that I can get these needed/unneeded files online?

Windows 10

:)

VillageIdiot, May 10, 2020

2. file deletion on USB Passport drive

I have not been able to delete a file on a USB Passport drive. The file is an Acronis .tib file and is 1.6TB in size. When I delete it is appears to be gone and I get no errors but when I change to another drive and back to the Passport drive the file
    is still there. I have tried to delete it in Explorer and also in a command prompt window I have tried using Del and Erase to get rid of the file but I get no errors there either but when I delete it and then do a Dir on the drive the file is still there.
    Any suggestions?

RobertWalker1, May 10, 2020
  3. Alden Rey Win User
    deleting hard drive files

Hi,

May we know what type of file are you trying to delete? Would it be Office documents, media files, or picture files? If you're trying to delete files for free some space on your device. We suggest to perform a Disc Cleanup. Kindly follow the steps below to
    perform the task:

• Type in Cortana Disc Cleanup
    • Choose the files to delete
    • Click on "Clean up system files"
    • Click on Ok

For any concerns, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Regards.

Alden Rey, May 10, 2020
  4. topgundcp Win User

Did I delete needed files on a usb drive?

Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, May 10, 2020
Thema:

Did I delete needed files on a usb drive?

1. Did I delete needed files on a usb drive? - Similar Threads - Did delete needed

2. Some of file deleted and did nothing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Some of file deleted and did nothing: HelloI turn on my pc today and i saw some of apps and game uninstall with out do any thing i mean i did nothing before i trun off my pc last night mostly playing game and watching stream after that i tought is random bug or smt and try to reset my pc again and my search bar...
  3. Deleting files from external USB hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleting files from external USB hard drive: This Windows 11 is something else. Not sure if this was a smart thing to do. But the damage is done.I am trying to delete some folders and all files on an external usb drive. The system is telling me I need administrator permission to do this. What am I supposed to do....
  4. Deleting files from external USB hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleting files from external USB hard drive: This Windows 11 is something else. Not sure if this was a smart thing to do. But the damage is done.I am trying to delete some folders and all files on an external usb drive. The system is telling me I need administrator permission to do this. What am I supposed to do....
  5. Deleting TEMP files from a USB hard Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleting TEMP files from a USB hard Drive: Hi, my usb drive has temp files on it which won't delete. It says I need Administrator's authority to delete but as far as I can tell I have Administrator rights. Anyone know what to do?...
  6. Deleting TEMP files from a USB hard Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleting TEMP files from a USB hard Drive: Hi, my usb drive has temp files on it which won't delete. It says I need Administrator's authority to delete but as far as I can tell I have Administrator rights. Anyone know what to do?...
  7. Accidently permanently deleted some files on a USB drive.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Accidently permanently deleted some files on a USB drive.: I deleted the files inside and the folders. is there any way to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/accidently-permanently-deleted-some-files-on-a-usb/e80911cd-3c14-4ad4-974f-c56a337b3ed2
  8. I need to delete temporary files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I need to delete temporary files: All the system does is say it's scanning, but nothing happens. What do I need to do so I can free up space for update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-to-delete-temporary-files/499bbf7e-0ed1-4851-bb84-5cc0baac0ca4
  9. Why did one drive delete all my files.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why did one drive delete all my files.: Thankfully I made a Local back up of my source code. Please would somebody at Microsoft tell me why, when i canceled OneDrive that i didn't ask for back upin the middle of it to save on bandwidth did it delete all my local files resulting an incomplete backup, resulting in...
  10. Recover accidental deleted files from usb drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recover accidental deleted files from usb drive: I accidentally deleted a couple of images from a USB drive and need to recover them. They do not go to my recycle bin and cannot figure out where it is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win 10 usb connected folder called delete