Windows 10: Did I get a fake Microsoft email? Please help, I'm panicking.

Discus and support Did I get a fake Microsoft email? Please help, I'm panicking. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello. I received a link from Microsoft saying someone had used my email to make an account, with the links to either verify it or cancel it.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by PleaseHelp6, May 25, 2020.

1. Did I get a fake Microsoft email? Please help, I'm panicking.

Hello. I received a link from Microsoft saying someone had used my email to make an account, with the links to either verify it or cancel it.

Did I get a fake Microsoft email? Please help, I'm panicking. d2b78ca4-cfa4-4f1c-8db0-eca3660d39c4?upload=true.png

It came from *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

I clicked the link to cancel it, which was https://account.live.com/Email/Remove?otc= and then a string of numbers and letters, with my gmail address at the end. It asked me simply if I wanted to confirm to delete the account, I pressed yes, and then got whiplashed as I realized this might be a phishing or malware attempt. As you can see, the address *is* the legitimate account.live.com address.

What I then did was make another Microsoft account to the same email and send another confirmation email. However, this time, it was differently structured.

Did I get a fake Microsoft email? Please help, I'm panicking. 9eafa869-628d-4060-a69c-e2291e325be0?upload=true.png

However, it came from the exact same email.

I've already changed the password of the email that had received this. But is this a phishing attempt? If they were successful, what could they have done by me clicking that link, and what do I do now? Please help. Is it malware?

Malwarebytes scanned twice, and nothing came up.

Is the first email legit...? Please someone help, I'm stressing out so much about this.

:)

PleaseHelp6, May 25, 2020

2. Fake Microsoft email

I have an email that is fake but claiming to be from Microsoft, it's about winning money in a contest. I'd like to forward this to Microsoft so they can see it. What is the email address for Microsoft spoof email?

LindaForgiarini, May 25, 2020
  3. email contacts

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To add an email to your contacts, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:-

1. Open Yahoo Mail, click on the Contacts icon.
    2. Now click on a contact.
    3. Click Edit Details.
    4. Add email address to the contact.
    5. Click Save.

If you are using Mail App and want to edit contacts stored in People App, I suggest you to refer to following article under
    Edit contacts
    for steps to edit the contact and add an email.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, May 25, 2020
  4. Did I get a fake Microsoft email? Please help, I'm panicking.

report fake email to microsoft what email address

report fake email to microsoft what email address

NXKnight Blade, May 25, 2020
Thema:

Did I get a fake Microsoft email? Please help, I'm panicking.

1. Did I get a fake Microsoft email? Please help, I'm panicking. - Similar Threads - Did fake Microsoft

2. Did I get a fake malwarebytes?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Did I get a fake malwarebytes?: So, I just wanted to scan my device for malware or any viruses. I downloaded malwarebytes from the top list because I thought the official would of course be the top of the search list. I downloaded it from...
  3. Did I get a fake malwarebytes?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Did I get a fake malwarebytes?: So, I just wanted to scan my device for malware or any viruses. I downloaded malwarebytes from the top list because I thought the official would of course be the top of the search list. I downloaded it from...
  4. fake microsoft email

in Windows 10 Gaming
    fake microsoft email: i received a fake microsoft email saying i need to renew windows defender is the an email address that i should forward it to? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fake-microsoft-email/be790077-b03a-4b3c-8b3e-018c5fb97e39
  5. fake microsoft email

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    fake microsoft email: i received a fake microsoft email saying i need to renew windows defender is the an email address that i should forward it to? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fake-microsoft-email/be790077-b03a-4b3c-8b3e-018c5fb97e39
  6. fake microsoft email

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Possible fake email and phishing attempt. I NEED HELP PLEASE.

Possible fake email and phishing attempt. I NEED HELP PLEASE.: Does someone knows if *** Email address is removed for privacy *** is an official Microsoft account. I'm asking this because my email app is telling me this might be a phishing attempt....
  8. Help please - not getting emails on laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Help please - not getting emails on laptop: Hi since the weekend there was an update - since then everything is getting sent to draft and nothing is coming through on emailsI followed the instructions to get to Windows Live and then get stuckcan anyone help please??...
  9. PLEASE **** HELP IM PANICKING

PLEASE **** HELP IM PANICKING: I was downloading a mod for minecraft and it gave my computer a virus so i decided to restart and delete every file on the pc and now it wont turn on at all, the screen just stays black and occasionally has the logo of the pc brand but it shows up for a split second and the...
  10. I'm getting an error please help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I'm getting an error please help: My laptop keeps going into recovery mode showing this srttrail.txt error. Chkdak takes 12hour, and srttrailtxt file doesn't show that's the cause of the error. Please help submitted by /u/gastro_destiny [link] [comments]...