Windows 10: Did I get scammed

Discus and support Did I get scammed in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My computer crashed and I called HP - I bought it in January. They said I needed to talk to 2nd level and that they would call me back and gave me a... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Jess2g, Nov 7, 2019.

1. Jess2g Win User

Did I get scammed

My computer crashed and I called HP - I bought it in January. They said I needed to talk to 2nd level and that they would call me back and gave me a date and time.

Woman from Microsoft called and had me reset my pc and download windows from aka.ms/win7iso. I have Windows 10.

She accessed my pc to copy my files from a .old file to new win download. How do I find out if I got scammed and what can I do about it?

:)

Jess2g, Nov 7, 2019
  2. Smeed Win User
    Smeed, Nov 7, 2019
  3. Smeed Win User

Did I get scammed

Smeed, Nov 7, 2019
Thema:

Did I get scammed

1. Did I get scammed - Similar Threads - Did scammed

2. Windows scamming me again... Bill Gates did you do it? Or Somebody Else?!?!?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows scamming me again... Bill Gates did you do it? Or Somebody Else?!?!?: Some random Imbecile locked my other pc probably realized that I have over 3Billion dollars worth of crypto stashed there and doesn't let me access it and probably is trying to steal it......
  3. Windows scamming me again... Bill Gates did you do it? Or Somebody Else?!?!?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows scamming me again... Bill Gates did you do it? Or Somebody Else?!?!?: Some random Imbecile locked my other pc probably realized that I have over 3Billion dollars worth of crypto stashed there and doesn't let me access it and probably is trying to steal it......
  4. Windows scamming me again... Bill Gates did you do it? Or Somebody Else?!?!?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Did Microsoft send me a bill and charge my credit card for $399 or is this a scam.??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Did Microsoft send me a bill and charge my credit card for $399 or is this a scam.??: Why did Microsoft charge me $399? Is this a scam/fraudulent charge? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/did-microsoft-send-me-a-bill-and-charge-my-credit/d425529d-0042-47fa-9378-d8d2113f8935
  6. Did Microsoft send me a bill and charge my credit card for $399 or is this a scam.??

Did Microsoft send me a bill and charge my credit card for $399 or is this a scam.??: Why did Microsoft charge me $399? Is this a scam/fraudulent charge? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/did-microsoft-send-me-a-bill-and-charge-my-credit/d425529d-0042-47fa-9378-d8d2113f8935
  7. Did Microsoft send me a bill and charge my credit card for $399 or is this a scam.??

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Did I fall to Microsoft tech support scam?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Did I fall to Microsoft tech support scam?: I contacted Microsoft support regarding my windows activation. I don’t even know if I went to the correct website but his number +1425635-2970 called me seconds later from Bellevue, WA saying that are the Microsoft support team with a heavy Indian accent to the the point...
  9. Did I fall to Microsoft tech support scam?

Did I fall to Microsoft tech support scam?: I contacted Microsoft support regarding my windows activation. I don’t even know if I went to the correct website but his number +1425635-2970 called me seconds later from Bellevue, WA saying that are the Microsoft support team with a heavy Indian accent to the the point...
  10. Did I fall to Microsoft tech support scam?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security