Windows 10: Did I remove my old product key?

Discus and support Did I remove my old product key? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I had to replace my motherboard and didn't manage to activate my windows afterwards. I found some KMS activation key online and tried that, did this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by hugoce, Apr 17, 2020.

1. hugoce Win User

Did I remove my old product key?

I had to replace my motherboard and didn't manage to activate my windows afterwards. I found some KMS activation key online and tried that, did this replace my old key or is it still salvageable?

:)

hugoce, Apr 17, 2020
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Apr 17, 2020
  3. FinZak Win User
    Product key association disable on old pc

Hey,

I sold my old pc to a friend. He installed some missing parts (HDD, GPU and RAM). Then we installed Windows 10 Home 64-bit version from USB stick. I was surprised to see that windows was automatically activated after that. I did some digging and found out that it is using my product key, which i use now in my own new pc. My friend does not have his own product key, the idea was that he just uses the unactivated windows with limited features.

I uninstalled my Windows 10 product key via command prompt in friends computer (as i understand this is only local solution, if he reinstall windows or clicks the active button, it reactivates automatically with my product key) and now it says windows is not activated, but my product key is still shown with Produkey app in his pc. So far windows is still activated my own pc.

My questions:

1. Is this all i need to do?
    2. How do i get rid of product key showing still with product key showing apps on my friend's computer?
    3. Is there a way to get rid of association of my product key on that old pc that i sold to friend?

EDIT: I originally installed windows 10 via upgrade option from Windows 7, if that matters.

FinZak, Apr 17, 2020
  4. Did I remove my old product key?

product key

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Please follow the below steps to resolve this issue:

Steps:

• Press and hold Windows key + R.
    • Type ‘slui 3’.
    • Enter your old product key and try to change product key
    • Use the new product and check if you are able to activate.
    For more information please follow the link given below, this information is provided by Andre Da Costa.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/wiki/insider_wintp-insider_install/how-to-activate-and-resolve-common-product-key/33f31475-93b3-4d1c-812f-4b21fbd807a7

Please get back to us if you are still facing this problem.

Hope the information helps to fix the issue, if you have any further queries, feel free to post. We are here to assist you.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Apr 17, 2020
Thema:

Did I remove my old product key?

1. Did I remove my old product key? - Similar Threads - Did remove old

2. when I enter product key for microsoft 2007 it did not recognize my product key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    when I enter product key for microsoft 2007 it did not recognize my product key: when I enter the product key for microsoft 2007 it did not recognize my product key. what do i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-enter-product-key-for-microsoft-2007-it-did/9eb8591c-c972-4350-9183-d2bb1117bede
  3. when I enter product key for microsoft 2007 it did not recognize my product key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    when I enter product key for microsoft 2007 it did not recognize my product key: when I enter the product key for microsoft 2007 it did not recognize my product key. what do i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-enter-product-key-for-microsoft-2007-it-did/9eb8591c-c972-4350-9183-d2bb1117bede
  4. when I enter product key for microsoft 2007 it did not recognize my product key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Did not receive product key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Did not receive product key: Hi There Microsoft,I recently changed my hardware and so I checked my digital purchase of windows 11, I can see my store receipt for the copy I paid for however the email with a product key for me never arrived. So I googled it to find out "The product key is in the...
  6. Did not receive product key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Did not receive product key: Hi There Microsoft,I recently changed my hardware and so I checked my digital purchase of windows 11, I can see my store receipt for the copy I paid for however the email with a product key for me never arrived. So I googled it to find out "The product key is in the...
  7. my product key did not work

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    my product key did not work: my product key did not work [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-product-key-did-not-work/12961beb-f2a0-4561-b6e6-ff46a260f059
  8. Did not ask for the product key

Did not ask for the product key: Hi recently the laptop which i had, lenovo ideapad got stuck on loading screen and i tried to reinstall windows 10 using an external usb from microsoft's website. Prepared the usb using a macbook as that was the only other computer i had. Install completed even though it...
  9. About my old product key

About my old product key: i purchased my laptop with original windows 8,due to some reason i have to install windows again ,how can i get my product key. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/about-my-old-product-key/858ff08d-2095-4a2e-8599-6d100b98989b
  10. Find Old Product Key

Find Old Product Key: Hey there, I recently bought my friend's laptop from him, so I finally have a computer to myself after not having one for about two years! I did a factory reset, all was well, it's an older Windows 8 model. ANYWAYS, I bought Windows 10 Pro from the Microsoft Store a few...