Windows 10: Did MemTest test all of my RAM?

Discus and support Did MemTest test all of my RAM? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So I bought a 4GB Samsung DDR3L RAM from this guy online. It arrived yesterday, plugged it in, booted the laptop up and it worked. Just to be sure, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by djdelarosa25, Apr 21, 2017.

1. Did MemTest test all of my RAM?

So I bought a 4GB Samsung DDR3L RAM from this guy online. It arrived yesterday, plugged it in, booted the laptop up and it worked. Just to be sure, I ran MemTest overnight last night. I set it to run at 8 passes. While running, the RAM info on display showed my 4 GB SK Hynix RAM on DIMM slot 1, which was the default RAM that came with my laptop and not the one that I bought (it was a Samsung RAM). The next morning it said that the test was completed without any errors but it still displayed the RAM info as the 4 GB SK Hynix one. This led me to assume that it only ran the test on the specific module. Then what I did was to remove the SK Hynix RAM and left the Samsung RAM to test by itself. When I booted up MemTest again, I noticed that the active address range was different last night, where both sticks where inserted, from today, where only the Samsung one is inserted. This led me to conclude that MemTest already tested both RAM sticks last night. Is that so? I don't want to waste anymore time testing since I need to edit something. Thanks to all who will help.

:)

djdelarosa25, Apr 21, 2017

2. BSOD resulting in computer not being able to power on!

Since there are no errors in memtest it is a good bet the problem lies somewhere in the windows environment.

Did you run the HD tests?

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Apr 21, 2017
  3. AlJo1 Win User
    Windows Blue Screen of Death ntoskrnl.exe

I have no idea what either of those are. I did the memtest in the boot, and after 12+ hours of tests it passed 8 times with 0 fails.

AlJo1, Apr 21, 2017
  4. Baddog Win User

Did MemTest test all of my RAM?

It's only reading the 4GB ram in DIMM slot 1 whether it's the old one or new one.
    I don't have your specs but make sure it's capable of 8GB capacity. Just a thought.*Cool

Baddog, Apr 21, 2017
  5. Ztruker Win User
    Remove the old ram and put the new ram in it's place. Does it boot and run? If yes then run memtest86+ for 8 passes.

Ztruker, Apr 21, 2017
  6. mQ573 Win User
    Check that the specs on both are the same. You cannot mix RAM

mQ573, Apr 21, 2017
  7. It won't have two DIMM slots with one filled with 4 GB if it can't handle 8 GB lol

8. Did MemTest test all of my RAM?

I am doing that right now, thanks *Smile

9. Everything is identical, so there should be no problem in mixing *Smile Thanks

10. mQ573 Win User
    Well, MemTest found a difference, check the CAS latency on both.

See: Memory latency - Wikipedia

Check what memory size is reported by the BIOS. What size does Windows report?

mQ573, Apr 21, 2017
  11. It reports 8 GB properly. As I said, everything is identical.

Did MemTest test all of my RAM? [​IMG]

Did MemTest test all of my RAM? [​IMG]

I just wanted to run MemTest because the RAM was secondhand and I wanted to know if it was abused or had defects. After 8 passes, there were no errors. I'm happy to report that the stick is fine

djdelarosa25, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Did MemTest test all of my RAM?

1. Did MemTest test all of my RAM? - Similar Threads - Did MemTest test

2. My ram is not used at all

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My ram is not used at all: Hello i have questions why my ram is not used allMy ram is 8gb but 3.44 used i don't know how tk fix it i try in msconfig but its say cannot apply original bootMy windows is windows 11 acer aspire es1 420Theres any solutions?...
  3. My ram is not used at all

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My ram is not used at all: Hello i have questions why my ram is not used allMy ram is 8gb but 3.44 used i don't know how tk fix it i try in msconfig but its say cannot apply original bootMy windows is windows 11 acer aspire es1 420Theres any solutions?...
  4. All my ram is not usable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All my ram is not usable: I recently bought a new laptop and when i checked the ram it said 5.86gb usable although i have 8 gb ram in this device. I have tried many ways to fix it but no result.Why is this happening and how to fix this?...
  5. All my ram is not usable

All my ram is not usable: I recently bought a new laptop and when i checked the ram it said 5.86gb usable although i have 8 gb ram in this device. I have tried many ways to fix it but no result.Why is this happening and how to fix this?...
  6. Ram Test

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Ram Test: Good evening and happy new year to you all, after some searching and not finding a result, I think I better ask the experienced gentlemen and lady's here, is there an application to check my ram (free or retail) ? thank you. Windows 10 Pro - v2004 172169
  7. Memtest

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Memtest: Which Memtest86 do I download and run for windows 10, that is to be used to troubleshoot BSOD possibilities? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/memtest/f8657cc2-ba50-490a-bf1e-0c416df21c8d
  8. BSODs, various stop codes, RAM apparently fine after MemTest

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSODs, various stop codes, RAM apparently fine after MemTest: Hi everyone, I keep getting BSODs, about once a day. Doesn't seem to be linked to a specific operation as they occur randomly. Did MemTest, SFC scan, all came out without issues. Also did an in-place upgrade but the problems persists. Clean-booting system. Please find memory...
  9. About using Memtest varieties

About using Memtest varieties: Recently have had stack overflow warnings, which I understand can be a sign of RAM failure. Be that so, which version of the application is best for Windows 10 64 bit, please? I have also read the tutorial, but that deals only with creating a bootable usb stick, and...
  10. MemTest86+ - Test RAM

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    MemTest86+ - Test RAM: How to: MemTest86+ - Test RAM MemTest86+ - Test RAM With [img] MemTest86+ is a diagnostic tool designed to test Random Access Memory (RAM) for faults. MemTest86+ will verify that: RAM will accept and keep random patterns of data sent to it There are no errors when...