Windows 10: Did Microsoft capped multichannel PCM on latest Windows 10 versions?

Discus and support Did Microsoft capped multichannel PCM on latest Windows 10 versions? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I connected my computer to my multichannel AV receiver through HDMI and I noticed that multichannel PCM wasn't playing correctly, that is, the center... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by branches78, Dec 9, 2020.

1. Did Microsoft capped multichannel PCM on latest Windows 10 versions?

I connected my computer to my multichannel AV receiver through HDMI and I noticed that multichannel PCM wasn't playing correctly, that is, the center channel, the surround left channel, the surround right channel and the subwoofer didn't play any sound, but the front right channel and the front left channel played their discrete channels, which means the audio wasn't downmixed to stereo but played in its original mix the front left channel played what it's meant to be heard in that channel and the front right channel also played what it's meant to be heard in that channel. I hope this is explained clearly.

This is weird, specially because all the drivers in my computer are up to date, I also tested this with a completely different computer borrowed from a friend and I found out the exact same problem.

It's important to clarify that compressed multichannel audio such as Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD, DTS and DTS-HD Master Audio played correctly using the "Movies and TV" app from Windows 10, downloaded from the Windows Store.

It's also important to clarify that all connections are made correctly and the AV receiver is also setup correctly.

What gives?

:)

branches78, Dec 9, 2020

2. Microsoft Selects Dolby Audio for Windows 10

it would've been great if microsoft added HEVC decoders, LAV filters along with other codecs with Windows 10, and developing WMP to be better than VLC, KMPlayer and such sorts of media players.

Nevertheless, this is good step for microsoft, by far.

Analog_Interface, Dec 9, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 9, 2020
  4. Scrizz Win User

Did Microsoft capped multichannel PCM on latest Windows 10 versions?

Windows 10

you don't have to use a Microsoft account....
    I know I'm not.

Scrizz, Dec 9, 2020
Thema:

Did Microsoft capped multichannel PCM on latest Windows 10 versions?

1. Did Microsoft capped multichannel PCM on latest Windows 10 versions? - Similar Threads - Did Microsoft capped

2. Latest version of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Latest version of Windows 10: Microsoft Support advises:October 12, 2021—KB5006670 OS Builds 19041.1288, 19042 ... Microsoft SupportRelease Date: 10/12/2021. Version: OS Builds 19041.1288, 19042.1288, and 19043.1288. NEW 10/12/21. IMPORTANT Windows 10, version 2004 will reach end of servicing on December...
  3. Latest version of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Latest version of Windows 10: Microsoft Support advises:October 12, 2021—KB5006670 OS Builds 19041.1288, 19042 ... Microsoft SupportRelease Date: 10/12/2021. Version: OS Builds 19041.1288, 19042.1288, and 19043.1288. NEW 10/12/21. IMPORTANT Windows 10, version 2004 will reach end of servicing on December...
  4. Fresh start did not install the latest version of Windows 10

Fresh start did not install the latest version of Windows 10: I have an HP Pavillion 500-314 which is about 8 years old at this point, with an AMD A8-7600 APU. It came with Windows 8, and I updated to Windows 10. I've been running 1909, and trying repeatedly to upgrade to 2004 and 20H2, and unfortunately failing. So, I decided to try...
  5. Windows 10. Latest Version.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10. Latest Version.: You’re currently running a version of Windows that’s nearing the end of service. We recommend you update to the most recent version of Windows 10 to get the latest features and security improvements...... Problem i am having is that after the latest version installs i am...
  6. Latest version of windows 10

Latest version of windows 10: Hello Microsoft, I am having trouble with my laptop updating. I am using Windows 10 version 1903 I think. Then in the Windows Update tab it says this: Your version of Windows has reached end of service. We recommend you update to the most recent version of Windows 10 to get...
  7. Windows 10 & Microsoft Edge Latest Version Info

Windows 10 & Microsoft Edge Latest Version Info: Hi Microsoft Team. I want currently whether i am using the Latest Version of Windows 10 OS & Microsoft Edge Web Browser on My Laptop or not. Current Version is as follows > Windows 10 OS : Version 1909 {OS Build 18363.657} > Microsoft Edge Web Browser :...
  8. Windows 10 latest version

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 latest version: Win 10 - I've just gotten used to it on my domestic pc. This new pc in my office has given me panic attacks! It has taken since 5 February, when I bought it, to realise that this is avery sensitive operating system. Apart fromoutright ignoring my attempts at installing 3rd...
  9. Latest version of windows 10

Latest version of windows 10: I am trying to download the latest windows 10 update but it has been stuck on 99% for a couple of hrs. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/latest-version-of-windows-10/b67d68c1-a36f-4780-bdbe-19030bdcdd8d
  10. Windows 10 latest version

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 latest version: 7/27/18 Hello; Can anyone please help me..? A windows automatic update came to my laptop....the other day.. Ever since that I'm getting a screen on my desktop after signing on..; C://windows/sys32/dsrcedmg.exe Cannot access my desktop unless I close it out.. Ran a...