Windows 10: Did Microsoft change the thumb drive icon in Windows 10 1909?

Discus and support Did Microsoft change the thumb drive icon in Windows 10 1909? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Vinay_K_K [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e2vu9i/did_microsoft_change_the_thumb_drive_icon_in/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Vinay_K_K, Nov 28, 2019.

1. Did Microsoft change the thumb drive icon in Windows 10 1909?

/u/Vinay_K_K, Nov 28, 2019

2. Windows 10 1909 Causes Secondary Hard Drive to not be Recognized

Installing the Windows 10 1909 Update causes my secondary hard drive to not be recognized.

Steps to confirm issue:

• Secondary drive not visible in Windows Explorer
    • Secondary drive not visible in device manager
    • Secondary drive not visible in disk manager

Steps to replicate issue:

• Installing 1909 update

Steps to resolve issue:

• Uninstall 1909 update

Since updates can only be delayed for so long, an actual fix would be appreciated.

Teknophile, Nov 28, 2019
  3. hard drive icon?

Ok, i got a bit confused on this. So lets say i want to change my F drive icon. I open notepad and paste both of these or just one?

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\DriveIcons\F]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\DriveIcons\F\DefaultIcon]
    @="S:\\PATH\\TO\\THE\\ICON\\FILENAME.ICO"

Pitchblack1110, Nov 28, 2019
  4. Did Microsoft change the thumb drive icon in Windows 10 1909?

Windows vista x64 computer icon always changing

what icons are you referring to?
    In the Windows Explorer list or desktop?

twicksisted, Nov 28, 2019
Thema:

Did Microsoft change the thumb drive icon in Windows 10 1909?

1. Did Microsoft change the thumb drive icon in Windows 10 1909? - Similar Threads - Did Microsoft change

2. Usb Thumb Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Usb Thumb Drive: Earlier today my thumb drive was working fine but now when I plug it in to view it it only shows up in files for a few seconds then disappears. In devices it says that it is connected but won't let me view files. I also tried it on a chrome book but would not work. Any ways...
  3. Formatting a Thumb Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Formatting a Thumb Drive: Just bought a new laptop with Windows 10 and MS Office 365. I tried to format a thumb drive but when I select File Explorer, all I get is a list of files I've recently opened. I do not see the Thumb Drive. Doesn't matter if I select any files in the Recent Folder, I don't see...
  4. ISO Windows 10 thumb drives

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    ISO Windows 10 thumb drives: I just successfully reinstalled Windows 10 Home(standalone copy that I purchased on my wife's Dell all in one desktop) using a USB thumb drive and it worked like a charm. I upgraded my Dell Inspiron from Windows 10 Home (which I think came preloaded on a new computer) to...
  5. Thumb Drives

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Thumb Drives: How do I use a thumb drive to transfer data from Windows 7 to Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/thumb-drives/8b697fba-9f37-417b-a867-1443e9150438
  6. USB Thumb Drive did not mount upon insertion

USB Thumb Drive did not mount upon insertion: UP until now, no problem inserting and removing the drive. Then, plugged it in and it did not mount. Other drives failed to mount in same port, but all worked fine in a different port. After a reboot it worked again. Two questions: What would cause that? Is there...
  7. microsoft program on cd copy to thumb drive

in Windows 10 Support
    microsoft program on cd copy to thumb drive: Hi, not sure if this is the right forum but here goes. I have the original microsoft money program on cd. which is copyright protectd. It was loaded onto this laptop 6 years ago when the operating system was windows 7 I believe. I have since upgraded to windows 10. I am...
  8. thumb drives

thumb drives: Upgraded to windows 10, plugged in a thumb drive but have no idea how to open the drive 27165
  9. Thumb drive name change

Thumb drive name change: Thumb drive windows 10 will only let me use 11 characters in the name 20321
  10. Change Drive Icon in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Drive Icon in Windows 10: How to: Change Drive Icon in Windows 10 How to Change a Drive Icon in Windows 10 A drive icon is a graphical representation of a drive. By default, Windows will use an icon for a drive based on what type of drive it is. Some types of drives are network drive, mapped...