Windows 10: Did Microsoft change Win10's Printer Paradigm?

Discus and support Did Microsoft change Win10's Printer Paradigm? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My old printer died, so I went out and picked up a new one - an HP 8020e. Even though the box on the outside said USB2.0 - it does not have a USB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/io-io, May 12, 2022.

1. /u/io-io Win User

Did Microsoft change Win10's Printer Paradigm?

My old printer died, so I went out and picked up a new one - an HP 8020e. Even though the box on the outside said USB2.0 - it does not have a USB interface (the 8020 does and the hole is still there - but who knows what's behind it). The spec says it only has ethernet and wifi.

The setup is beyond painful. The old printer, you had a utility that you could command the scanning from. The new printer in conjunction with Win10, has a new paradigm - where the originator of the file controls the operation.

• For scanning - you control the operation from the printer - put the document in and hit [scan] on the printer - which then opens up a utility on the PC to receive the scanned file, store it, etc.

• For printing - it's just the same - print from whatever utility holds the file, etc.

With my old printer - it - well the print/scan utility just stopped working the other day. I could scan and the file would show up in the documents directory.

This has all the hallmarks of Microsoft changing the printer/scanner paradigm, to make the printer/scanner more useful to mobile and handheld devices.

So, has Microsoft changed anything or is all of this just my imagination?

submitted by /u/io-io
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/io-io, May 12, 2022
  2. JohnD Win User

Adding unlisted printer to the Win10 list

!'m not sure how I did it but all seems well now. It was something like Deacon suggested plus a re-boot or two. It's now listed as a printer, not as unspecified.

Did Microsoft change Win10's Printer Paradigm? [​IMG]

Update the list still doesn't work.

Thanks for your support.

PS MS's Update catalogue is very useful. E.g. Microsoft Update Catalog

JohnD, May 12, 2022
  3. Can't change printer preferences in Windows 10

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft community.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused. We are glad to help you.

• What exactly happens when you try to go into printer driver settings from Control Panel?
    I suggest you to try the steps given below and check if it helps:

Step 1:

• Type change default printer and hit
      enter.

• Check whether you are able to change the preferences and properties from here.

Step 2:

• Type printers and scanners and hit
      enter.

• Check whether you are able to change the preferences and properties from here.

Hope this information helps. Do contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, May 12, 2022
  4. Did Microsoft change Win10's Printer Paradigm?

Add printer error 0x0000000d on Win10

I see that there are a lot of incidents of this error in the community forums, but none on a Win10 computer. Looking through the older responses, none seem to work on a Win10. I'm using a Surface Pro 1 running up-to-date Win10, trying to connect wirelessly
    to an HP networked printer at work. I've been able to connect to this printer in the past, but just today when I went to the office and tried to print, I got an error message and found that I couldn't connect to the printer. I removed the printer from my Devices
    and Printers and tried reconnecting, but I finally get the error 0x0000000d.

I am on a BYOD program, so my IT can not fix this problem on my computer.

The steps that my IT has suggested for connecting to the printer, and which worked in the past:

1. Navigate to "Add a printer"

2. Click "The printer that I want isn't listed"

3. Select a shared printer by name

4. Type in printer address, "http://..."

5. Login with my company credentials

I recently changed both my Windows and company password, so may be related to this?

John Milo JAMISON, May 12, 2022
Thema:

Did Microsoft change Win10's Printer Paradigm?

1. Did Microsoft change Win10's Printer Paradigm? - Similar Threads - Did Microsoft change

2. Shortcuts not showing in Navigation pane of WIN10 and above they way it did in older O/S

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shortcuts not showing in Navigation pane of WIN10 and above they way it did in older O/S: After Windows 10 was released the O/S stopped using Favorites also known as Links in the Navigation pane of file explorer and replaced it with Quick access.The issue with Quick Access is that it won't show the link if the linked folder is hidden. It would go away after the...
  3. Shortcuts not showing in Navigation pane of WIN10 and above they way it did in older O/S

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shortcuts not showing in Navigation pane of WIN10 and above they way it did in older O/S: After Windows 10 was released the O/S stopped using Favorites also known as Links in the Navigation pane of file explorer and replaced it with Quick access.The issue with Quick Access is that it won't show the link if the linked folder is hidden. It would go away after the...
  4. Shortcuts not showing in Navigation pane of WIN10 and above they way it did in older O/S

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Is it just me, or did the win+shift+s behavior change with build 19041?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it just me, or did the win+shift+s behavior change with build 19041?: Before I updated to the most recent build, whenever I used windows+shift+s, it would immediately freeze whatever was on my screen before the "s" press went through to the active window, now there is a 1-2 second delay each time, and there is a yellow box that flashed around...
  6. Did Microsoft/Windows change my Settings?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Did Microsoft/Windows change my Settings?: Overnight, something happened to my laptop computer. I'm running Windows 10, and I do allow "Automatic Updates". I am not tech-savy, but I have a little knowledge/experience fixing simple issues. I have always been able to save a file to my desktop. word document; jpeg...
  7. change or swip email s for a microsoft account

in Windows 10 Customization
    change or swip email s for a microsoft account: hello i have two questions: 1) if i remove an email from microsoft account the email permanently deleted? 2)can i swip two emails between two microsoft accounts or add an email that is allready connected with one microsoft account ,to a...
  8. Why did Microsoft kill homegroups in Win10-v1803?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why did Microsoft kill homegroups in Win10-v1803?: I have an install this morning of 3 machines with Win10, but just found out that - again without warning - there are changes. I read that Homegroups is removed from the 1803 'upgrade.' My client is a small realtor and homegroups was the basis of our networking for her....
  9. Update(s) did not install

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Update(s) did not install: My computer rebooted and I got the message that it was installing updates. However, when it finally came back online, I checked my update history and the message was "Update Failed To Install". There were 4, but they all said the same thing. "SECURITY UPDATE FOR INTERNET...
  10. win10 o/s

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    win10 o/s: I made a mistake and bought win10 home oem. Can I install then upgrade to home retail. I really do not want to go to the hassle of returning for the retail disk. 66786