Windows 10: Did microsoft ditch onedrive overlays entirely?

Discus and support Did microsoft ditch onedrive overlays entirely? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm doing that awesome overlay shuffle we all do in the ShellIconOverlayIdentifiers registry key due to the 15 item limit. Microsoft has been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by klepp0906, Apr 21, 2020.

1. klepp0906 Win User

Did microsoft ditch onedrive overlays entirely?

I'm doing that awesome overlay shuffle we all do in the ShellIconOverlayIdentifiers registry key due to the 15 item limit.

Microsoft has been exceptionally slow at opening these up, but it appears theyve made concessions where they could.

Best i can tell onedrive now uses the Status column entirely yes? AKA theres absolutely 0 reason to keep the overlay subkeys for onedrive under the aforementioned registry key?

Just want to double check before i say arrivederci to them for good.

:)

klepp0906, Apr 21, 2020

2. OneDrive for Business Icon Overlays in Windows Server 2016 Not Working

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for your reply.

The issue may not be related with the Windows Server 2016.

Here is an article for your reference: Sync icon overlays are missing from OneDrive and OneDrive
    for Business.

Please check the workarounds in the article and I would suggest you first download the wizard and follow the steps to see the result.

Best Regards,

Gloria

Gloria Gong MSFT, Apr 21, 2020
  3. Missing Backup Status Overlays...

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that the Overlays of OneDrive are not working the way they are supposed to.

I would suggest you to refer the article
    Sync icon overlays are missing from OneDrive and OneDrive for Business

However, if you are still unable to fix the overlays, our dedicated in-app support team supports OneDrive issues. Hence, I would suggest you to contact them for assistance if the issue persists. You can follow the steps below to contact the OneDrive
    support team.

Sign in to OneDrive.com from any browser, click the ‘?’ help icon on the top banner of the page and select
    Email OneDrive support. Submit your question and follow the prompts to request support.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Apr 21, 2020
  4. Sasqui Win User

Radeon Overlay not displaying all options

Ok, I got a question. The options to hide the overlay are confusing. What are the steps to turn on the overlay in-game? Not interested in logging much at the moment. Is Alt-R part of turning it on/off?

Sasqui, Apr 21, 2020
Thema:

1. Did microsoft ditch onedrive overlays entirely? - Similar Threads - Did microsoft ditch

2. OneDrive Steals Icon Overlays

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive Steals Icon Overlays: I use TortoiseGit which uses shell overlays for indicating file status. It is the most important application for me which uses overlays. OneDrive is constantly stealing the priority by adding spaces in front of the OneDrive ShellIconOverlayIdentifiers registry keys. Is there...
  3. OneDrive Steals Icon Overlays

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive Steals Icon Overlays: I use TortoiseGit which uses shell overlays for indicating file status. It is the most important application for me which uses overlays. OneDrive is constantly stealing the priority by adding spaces in front of the OneDrive ShellIconOverlayIdentifiers registry keys. Is there...
  4. OneDrive Steals Icon Overlays

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. OneDrive - Registry Folder Overlays

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive - Registry Folder Overlays: I use Dropbox and do not use OneDrive. In order to ensure the Dropbox folder overlays are displayed, I need to delete the registry entries for the OneDrive folder overlays because they appear above have a higher priority than the Dropbox overlays. That's fine, but EVERY TIME...
  6. OneDrive - Registry Folder Overlays

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive - Registry Folder Overlays: I use Dropbox and do not use OneDrive. In order to ensure the Dropbox folder overlays are displayed, I need to delete the registry entries for the OneDrive folder overlays because they appear above have a higher priority than the Dropbox overlays. That's fine, but EVERY TIME...
  7. OneDrive overlay on desktop icons

in Windows 10 Support
    OneDrive overlay on desktop icons: I have some - not all - desktop icons that have what I think is the OneDrive overlay on them, a white circle with a tick. And, I'd like to remove the overlay. I know there are techniques for doing that, I'm just wondering why they're so hard to get rid of. The icons are all...
  8. Last ditch

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Last ditch: I've tried to ask this before, but I'm trying to do a clean install of my hdd, but I want to know what I can keep? I've workd out that the drive is certainly giving me blue screens most days, I'm many troubleshoots past that. But how much do I have to delete? Old videos? Old...
  9. Is it time to buy an Apple and ditch Microsoft?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Is it time to buy an Apple and ditch Microsoft?: Is it time to buy an Apple and ditch Microsoft? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-time-to-buy-an-apple-and-ditch-microsoft/63bcb076-e817-41a5-a684-326bc10c8e04
  10. Onedrive Sync Overlays missing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onedrive Sync Overlays missing: Dear, thank you for your attention! In one of my users there are some files in a synced folder without the green mark, but some files have it. All files are synced and the icon in the taskbar is OK. We are using 19.062.0331.0006, but on Win 10 1703 - no Sync On Demand...