Windows 10: Did Microsoft download the wrong update file?

Discus and support Did Microsoft download the wrong update file? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; The automated Windows update is attempting to install "Windows 10, version 1809 amd64 2019-03". This appears to be an update for an AMD processor.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by cnguinn, Mar 23, 2019.

1. cnguinn Win User

Did Microsoft download the wrong update file?

The automated Windows update is attempting to install "Windows 10, version 1809 amd64 2019-03".

This appears to be an update for an AMD processor.

My computer has had an Intel Core2 Quad CPU Q6600 for over ten years.

It was originally running XP Pro, then Win 7 Pro, and then upgraded to Win 10 Pro in May 2018.

Is the update failure due to the wrong update file?

What is the best way to update from 1803 to 1809? I have tried the Windows10Upgrade9252.exe, but it also fails.

:)

cnguinn, Mar 23, 2019

2. Microsoft Download Center Updates

Quite a few new downloads popped up today on the Microsoft Download Center. Here's a list:
    * Windows Media Center Software Development Kit
    * Windows CE 5.0 Networked Media Device Feature Pack Monthly Update (July 2007)
    * Microsoft Forefront Server Security for SharePoint 10.x Management Pack for Operations Manager 2007
    * Microsoft Server Network Load Balancing Management Pack for Operations Manager 2007
    * Microsoft Identity Integration Server 2003 Management Pack for Operations Manager 2007
    * Microsoft Office Project Server 2007 Management Pack for Operations Manager 2007
    * Windows Embedded CE 6.0 Monthly Update (July 2007)
    * Microsoft Forefront Server Security for Exchange 10.0 Management Pack for Operations Manager 2007
    * Windows CE .NET 4.2 Platform Builder Monthly Update (July 2007)

MS Download Center

HellasVagabond, Mar 23, 2019
  3. Something wrong with downloads?

maybe list the specific file you are trying to download. I also just grabbed a download with no issues, and good speed.

sneekypeet, Mar 23, 2019
  4. monim1 Win User

EMUI

Here's the steps to update EMUI 4.1.1 to 5.0 :
    • Download the EMUI 5.0(desired version) .zip file, and unzip it.
    • Place the .hwt file in the HWThemes folder from your phone.
    • Using the Themes app, apply the new theme.
    • Restart the phone, in order to see all the new changes.
    And you’re done!

monim1, Mar 23, 2019
Thema:

1. Did Microsoft download the wrong update file? - Similar Threads - Did Microsoft download

2. i did a Bios update and Something went wrong

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i did a Bios update and Something went wrong: I did a Bios update and Something went wrong i have an error now that sayscan someone help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-did-a-bios-update-and-something-went-wrong/e8dbe6f6-8d31-43ed-a736-ff31565f45ec
  3. Files Downloading with the Wrong Extension

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files Downloading with the Wrong Extension: Whenever I download .zip files, they get saved as .bbz that is the extension that goes with the BrailleBlaster program I use for Braille transcription. It's not a huge issue because I can just change the extension in the downloads folder, and it works fine, but it's annoying...
  4. Files Downloading with the Wrong Extension

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files Downloading with the Wrong Extension: Whenever I download .zip files, they get saved as .bbz that is the extension that goes with the BrailleBlaster program I use for Braille transcription. It's not a huge issue because I can just change the extension in the downloads folder, and it works fine, but it's annoying...
  5. Files Downloading with the Wrong Extension

6. Game downloads into wrong file

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Game downloads into wrong file: I'm trying to download a game off xboxapp on the pc, I hit the button to download it into D drive, but it still downloads it into C drive. I even have my apps set to download into D drive, any fixes? submitted by /u/GoTtHeLuMbAgO [link] [comments]...
  7. Files downloading as the wrong type of file.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files downloading as the wrong type of file.: I am trying to download .rar files they are mods for a game, The Sims to be specific and when they download, they become photoshop files. I cannot open them in photoshop either, and I want them to stop downloading as photoshop files. They're still .rar files technically, but...
  8. Microsoft's download did not complete

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft's download did not complete: Microsoft's download did not complete,as only 30% made till I received a blank screen. Windows 10 1909 would not complete the whole package, so I had to go to a restore to get back on line .Any advise as to why the download did not finish? Also, I went to Microsoft but it...
  9. downloaded wrong version of microsoft publisher

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    downloaded wrong version of microsoft publisher: I downloaded microsoft publisher for PC instead of mac. Been on hold for 20 mins https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/downloaded-wrong-version-of-microsoft-publisher/b280eb36-8afc-4117-a024-b05e9b71e70c
  10. Downloaded documents opening in a wrong file

Downloaded documents opening in a wrong file: Greetings tenforums I've recently updated to windows 10 and I'm encountering a problem with downloaded word documents opening in Wordpad instead of Microsoft word. A few details: The documents in the site in downloading from has always used microsoft word documents,...