Windows 10: Did Microsoft remove and restore the desktop icons settings option

Discus and support Did Microsoft remove and restore the desktop icons settings option in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; You can go right-click on the desktop and choose Personalize then Themes and the Desktop icons settings are there to choose which of the icons you want... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/StrongFire, Mar 4, 2020.

1. Did Microsoft remove and restore the desktop icons settings option

You can go right-click on the desktop and choose Personalize then Themes and the Desktop icons settings are there to choose which of the icons you want on the desktop. Did Microsoft remove these settings? My boss purchased a third-party utility to restore this option. Recently, I had to configure a Windows 10 workstation and the option is there. Was this option restored at some point? Does anyone know the history of this?

submitted by /u/StrongFire
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/StrongFire, Mar 4, 2020
  2. Mussels Win User

Removing desktop icons

the icons are located in 'all users' folder somewhere (for example, i see a few shared icons in "C:\Users\Public\Desktop" )

The only way to fix those, is to remove the icons from there, and place them on to each users desktops manually. an admin may need to do this.

Mussels, Mar 4, 2020
  3. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Mar 4, 2020
  4. Error 404 Win User

Did Microsoft remove and restore the desktop icons settings option

Removing desktop icons

I want to remove some Icons from my desktop, but Vista asks for Admin permission to continue (I'm not an admin *Frown Did Microsoft remove and restore the desktop icons settings option :( ).
    It seems that whenever I delete one of these icons from my desktop, it is also removed from all the other user accounts. For example, I deleted the Skype icon from my desktop, and it was then removed from everyone elses as well.
    How can I delete icons from my desktop only, without affecting anyone elses?

Error 404, Mar 4, 2020
Thema:

Did Microsoft remove and restore the desktop icons settings option

1. Did Microsoft remove and restore the desktop icons settings option - Similar Threads - Did Microsoft remove

2. Why did microsoft rewards remove the 100 robux option and the 400 robux option?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why did microsoft rewards remove the 100 robux option and the 400 robux option?: Is it possible in the future for it to come back because i had like already redeemed the 100 robux a couple times but now i have to grind for 12,000 points just for the 800 robux option which can take over multiple weeks to get....
  3. Why did microsoft rewards remove the 100 robux option and the 400 robux option?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why did microsoft rewards remove the 100 robux option and the 400 robux option?: Is it possible in the future for it to come back because i had like already redeemed the 100 robux a couple times but now i have to grind for 12,000 points just for the 800 robux option which can take over multiple weeks to get....
  4. Desktop icons randomly removed?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop icons randomly removed?: https://imgur.com/a/D4CUM90 (sorry if this is the wrong sub) Today, when I booted up my PC, a bunch of desktop icons were missing. How can I fix this? submitted by /u/CraftyTim [link] [comments]...
  5. Did Microsoft remove the defer upgrade option for Windows 10 Pro?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Did Microsoft remove the defer upgrade option for Windows 10 Pro?: It simply gone here. What happened? submitted by /u/floating-hammock [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hzi6bc/did_microsoft_remove_the_defer_upgrade_option_for/
  6. desktop icons safely remove

in Windows 10 Customization
    desktop icons safely remove: What happens when I remove an icon? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icons-safely-remove/53e04827-891e-43d4-bf05-d7589bb7b734
  7. Desktop icons settings

Desktop icons settings: I like to place a Computer / This PC on my desktop. one of my main reasons for this is the ability to right click the icon to access Manage. For some unknown reason, while Manage is still on the the right click menu, nothing happens when I click on it. Any ideas?...
  8. restore desktop icons

restore desktop icons: I have lost all my desk top icons and the Recycle Bin. I have tried to restore it from a backup, but it doesn't do anything https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/restore-desktop-icons/ff92347b-d559-4dfe-9837-18c5be4fb0e4
  9. Restore Desktop option to Alt-Tab?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Restore Desktop option to Alt-Tab?: I'm going to guess that this was asked about before, but, something that has bothered me about Windows 10 is that you can no longer Alt-Tab back to the desktop. I liked this functionality back in Windows 7, but seeing that it's missing in 10 bothers me. I know that Win-D...
  10. do not have option to remove icons from settings?

in Windows 10 Support
    do not have option to remove icons from settings?: I'm using the free upgrade of windows 10 from windows 7 home premium. I have tried all of the suggestion I could find, but keep getting no where. From settings {Notification & Actions} when I try and remove icons from the notification area on task bar. the notification &...