Windows 10: Did Microsoft remove Notepad from Windows 10 Pro 2004?

Discus and support Did Microsoft remove Notepad from Windows 10 Pro 2004? in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I did a system reset and afterwards, I noticed that Notepad is no longer installed. And if you have to go to Microsoft Store and download the one in... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by StewartMedbourn, Jul 10, 2020.

1. Did Microsoft remove Notepad from Windows 10 Pro 2004?

I did a system reset and afterwards, I noticed that Notepad is no longer installed. And if you have to go to Microsoft Store and download the one in there that MS made: Windows Notepad then they need to fix it because it thinks Windows 10 2004 is a lower version.

Did Microsoft remove Notepad from Windows 10 Pro 2004? dab66c48-56bf-4ecd-ac3f-e034eba05cb1?upload=true.png

If anyone has updated with a clean install of Windows 10 2004, please check for notepad and let me know if its just me.

:)

StewartMedbourn, Jul 10, 2020

2. Microsoft signals end of Paint program

Microsoft has confirmed that it will continue to offer its graphics program Paint.

In a recent update, it had listed Paint as a feature that would be either removed or no longer developed.

Paint, renowned for its simplicity, has been part of the Windows operating system since its launch in 1985.

Microsoft suggested it would not remain on Windows 10 by default but did say it would be available for free on the Windows Store.

BBC news Report here
    Microsoft Paint avoids brush with death

dorsetknob, Jul 10, 2020
  3. Notepad

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below:

• Open Task Manager. Here’s a tip: press CTRL+SHIFT+ESC.
    • Click on Startup tab.
    • Select Notepad from the list and click on Disable.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us
    for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jul 10, 2020
  4. 95Viper Win User

Did Microsoft remove Notepad from Windows 10 Pro 2004?

Is it time for Windows 10 already?

Again, for those that want the update reservation and you meet the requirements ---> Upgrade to Windows 10 for Free

And, some info from the FAQ page:

Also, some interesting info from the Specifications page:

95Viper, Jul 10, 2020
Thema:

Did Microsoft remove Notepad from Windows 10 Pro 2004?

1. Did Microsoft remove Notepad from Windows 10 Pro 2004? - Similar Threads - Did Microsoft remove

2. Notepad removed from my pc

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Notepad removed from my pc: Hi. Today I was trying to open a notepad and I saw that it no longer exists in windows/system 32 folder. When I tried to download it from the Web, it didn't open. I have Windows version 19042. submitted by /u/Matszwe02 [link] [comments]...
  3. Did Microsoft remove the defer upgrade option for Windows 10 Pro?

Did Microsoft remove the defer upgrade option for Windows 10 Pro?: It simply gone here. What happened? submitted by /u/floating-hammock [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hzi6bc/did_microsoft_remove_the_defer_upgrade_option_for/
  4. Windows 10 Pro is conspicuously missing from Microsoft's list; and, did they remove the...

Windows 10 Pro is conspicuously missing from Microsoft's list; and, did they remove the...: I think I've found the answer, officially on whether Windows 10 Pro can be made to be HIPAA compliant, specifically in regards to unauthorized access to ePHI information. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/privacy/windows-10-and-privacy-compliance How many small...
  5. Cannot Remove My Microsoft Account From Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot Remove My Microsoft Account From Windows 10 Pro: Hello Everyone, I have a Dell laptop running on Windows 10 pro. I associated my Microsoft account as I'm about to reformat/reset the laptop. While doing some test I'm trying to disassociate my Microsoft account from the laptop however the remove option that the forum is...
  6. Missing Notepad on Windows 10 2004?

Missing Notepad on Windows 10 2004?: Hi all. I've recently discovered that I no longer have access to Notepad on my Surface Pro 6 running the latest stable release for Windows 10 2004. I've tried searching for other people running into this issue, but I can't find any answers. I have discovered that Microsoft...
  7. Microsoft Rebrand Unicode to UTF-16 LE in NotePad Windows 10 2004

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Rebrand Unicode to UTF-16 LE in NotePad Windows 10 2004: So basically like the title says Microsoft managed to remove the Unicode (Sometimes Unicode 1200) encoding format found in the Save As dialog of it's NotePad and introduced several other encoding formats which weren't present before . So if you ever wonder what happened to...
  8. Downgrade from Windows 10 Pro 2004 to 1909

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Downgrade from Windows 10 Pro 2004 to 1909: Hi Can someone please tell me if there is a way to downgrade from 2004 to 1909? Ever since I have upgraded to 2004, my computer has been slow, has been experiencing unexplained freezes. Computer used to start fully within 40 seconds and now takes in excess of 4 minutes. I...
  9. Notepad in Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Notepad in Windows 10 Pro: I cannot save changes to an existing file in Notepad? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notepad-in-windows-10-pro/88e6fd7e-e990-416e-a70f-d5e0de3a8c10"
  10. Microsoft removes some policies from Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft removes some policies from Windows 10 Pro: Professional editions of Windows 10 ship with the Group Policy Editor that enables users and administrators to make changes to the default configuration of the operating system. Up until now, policy availability was more or less identical for all professional versions of...