Windows 10: Did Microsoft send a payment central request to process a refund for Microsoft Band...

Discus and support Did Microsoft send a payment central request to process a refund for Microsoft Band... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Did Microsoft send a payment central request to process a refund for Microsoft Band purchase? Is this a legitimate? Please look at email and... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by StevenStubblefield1, Jun 19, 2019.

1. Did Microsoft send a payment central request to process a refund for Microsoft Band...

Did Microsoft send a payment central request to process a refund for Microsoft Band purchase? Is this a legitimate? Please look at email and authenticate: *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

:)

StevenStubblefield1, Jun 19, 2019
  2. KrleOne Win User

Just got an e-mail from "Microsoft Payment Central" about registering for a payee account...is this a scam?

Hi josephk365 - thanks for this info on MS Band.

I
    wasn't aware of the refund - though the info at the link says "All eligible users will receive an email with refund instructions.
    " - but the message from Microsoft Payment Central does not say anything why, what for, only to sign in and provide Payment Info.

Even if it is legitimate message, it should have some reference info - if it is indeed for MS Band, that could fit in the message...

Or separate email should be in place...

KrleOne, Jun 19, 2019
  3. KrleOne Win User
    Just got an e-mail from "Microsoft Payment Central" about registering for a payee account...is this a scam?

OK, so some more information - I just finished a chat with Microsoft Billing Answer Tech/Agent regarding this email and regarding the Microsoft Health dashboard applications and services end of support (including Microsoft Band refunds).

The email itself, according to explanation (I provided the sender and full text to the agent) should not be a scam, however, the agent advised it is an OLD way Microsoft processed Band refunds - and advised me NOT to go into Microsoft Payment Central and
    NOT to enter my Payment Information (not from email and not directly).

So, the email may have arrived from some automatic trigger for Band refunds, but instructions in it should not be followed, as it is outdated/old method.

Again, according to the agent, expected method of refund for Band will be by check.

Another piece of information, related to Band refund is that there should be an
    email arriving on May 31, 2019 (end of support date) which will elaborate refund procedure.

If you check the End-of-Support FAQ, you will now notice that the deadline for submission of refund claims/requests (or however it will be managed) is set to
    August 30, 2019. ( I initially thought it was May 31, 2019, so either I read it wrong, or Microsoft changed it since yesterday Did Microsoft send a payment central request to process a refund for Microsoft Band... :)

So, again, it seems it was legitimate email/sender, but outdated method and email should not be followed - at least according to the Billing Agent - who seemed to be familiar and quick to answer, looked at the email text itself and content, and was aware
    of what is going on without having to explore and search for answers.

Hope this helps and clarifies

(- I will then NOT be updating my Payment Information, will wait for May 31 email and explore market for smart watch/tracking device that has at least 60-80% of Band 2 functionality and is not gigantic.... Nothing I saw really compares, but that is completely
    different topic....)

KrleOne, Jun 19, 2019
  4. Did Microsoft send a payment central request to process a refund for Microsoft Band...

I got the same email today and I was suspicious of the grammar. I do have and use the Microsoft Band and thought it might be related to the refund but something just didn't look right. So I 'Binged' the words "Microsoft Payment Central Scam" and found
    this article. Thank you for the heads up.

JerryBandy, Jun 19, 2019
Thema:

Did Microsoft send a payment central request to process a refund for Microsoft Band...

1. Did Microsoft send a payment central request to process a refund for Microsoft Band... - Similar Threads - Did Microsoft send

2. Cancel and request for a refund for Microsoft subscription

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cancel and request for a refund for Microsoft subscription: Hi Term,I no longer need the Microsoft 365 subscription and I want to cancel it. I couldn't cancel the subscription from my end . Also, Today I could see two pending transactions of £79.99 in my bank statements for Microsoft subscription. Could you please cancel the...
  3. Cancel and request for a refund for Microsoft subscription

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cancel and request for a refund for Microsoft subscription: Hi Term,I no longer need the Microsoft 365 subscription and I want to cancel it. I couldn't cancel the subscription from my end . Also, Today I could see two pending transactions of £79.99 in my bank statements for Microsoft subscription. Could you please cancel the...
  4. Cancel and request for a refund for Microsoft subscription

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to a request a refund for an app from the Microsoft store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    How to a request a refund for an app from the Microsoft store: How to a request a refund for an app from the Microsoft store.#4329463484 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-a-request-a-refund-for-an-app-from-the/70e34450-416f-4600-a9a7-e92830efb615
  6. Requesting refund

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Requesting refund: How on earth do I get a refund for a game? Bought a copy of a game in the wrong account. Need to either move it to my kids account that is listed as my kids account, or get a refund. Have been unable to contact Microsoft support AT ALL for the last 2 days. Keep getting the...
  7. Payment Refund

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Payment Refund: I paid for office 365 in November but was billed by paypal this week for a further £59.99. How do I get a refund Regards Alan https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/payment-refund/3849df81-210f-43ce-82c5-9ac480661c52
  8. Microsoft Store unable to process payment issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store unable to process payment issue: Hello everybody, I am writing this post to ask for help with an issue I've been having. When I try to buy Star Wars Classic Skin Pack for Minecraft Windows 10 Edition on the store every time I try to it says unable to process payment. I've tried buying it using 3 different...
  9. Microsoft Payment Central - SCAM SPAM

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Payment Central - SCAM SPAM: Be aware all, there is an email circulating asking individuals (with their MSN Email) to log in to Microsoft Payment Central to process a refund. Ive had it confirmed from Microsoft that it is a SCAM email. I was nearly duped as i am one of those individuals that may be...
  10. Announcing Microsoft IoT Central

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Microsoft IoT Central: The Internet of Things (IoT) is quickly becoming a critical aspect of doing business. In the same way that web, mobile and cloud technologies have powered digital transformation, IoT is the next big catalyst. Yet while IoT brings a new set of benefits for companies that...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. problems with microsoft band refund

2. recievd an emai from microsoft about payment central account

3. microsoft payment central refund