Windows 10: did MS remove the use random hardware address feature

Discus and support did MS remove the use random hardware address feature in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; It was there a couple of months ago, and now it gone. This is across three machines running windows 10 home... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by timcolleran, Mar 9, 2021.

1. did MS remove the use random hardware address feature

It was there a couple of months ago, and now it gone. This is across three machines running windows 10 home

:)

timcolleran, Mar 9, 2021
  2. dixel0 Win User

Random Hardware (Mac) Address - Windows 10

Exactly what I suspected!

next question is...does it mean I can't change/spoof my mac address even by using third party softwareor registry editing?

and

is there a list of wifi adapters that support the "random hardware address" feature?

dixel0, Mar 9, 2021
  3. dixel0 Win User

Hi has microsoft removed the random mac address option from windows 10?

There is no "Random Hardware Address" in my network settings

as indicated by microsoft
    and it's not clear if this option is available
    only
    if the network card and its drivers support it or if microsoft has removed it completely.

So is there any solution to enable this feature in Windows 10? Or what other solutions are there to have a random mac address?

ps. I run Windows 10 pro 2004 and have an intel wifi card and in the card advanced settings there is also no option to change the mac address.

dixel0, Mar 9, 2021
  4. BulldogXX Win User

did MS remove the use random hardware address feature

Second question first: "Is there a list of WiFi adapters that supports random hardware address?"

Maybe. If so, it will be on the internet, so try searching.

"Does it mean I can't change/spoof my mac address even by using third party software or registry editing?"

As you know, MAC addresses are assigned at the factory. But it's not difficult to spoof a MAC address, and you can find detailed instructions on the internet.

Normally, I don't like to send people to the internet if I can explain something on my own. But this - spoofing MAC addresses - is not something I've done myself, nor do I have the interest to do that, so unless someone who knows how joins the thread, it's
    happy hunting to you.

BulldogXX, Mar 9, 2021
Thema:

did MS remove the use random hardware address feature

1. did MS remove the use random hardware address feature - Similar Threads - did remove random

2. Use Random Hardware Addresses

in Windows 10 Customization
    Use Random Hardware Addresses: There is a Wi-Fi setting in Windows 10 called 'Use Random Hardware Addresses'. I recently discovered an issue connecting to our wireless network while this setting is enabled. Has anyone experienced this and if so, do you know how to fix it?We have a Windows 2012 R2 domain...
  3. Use Random Hardware Addresses

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Use Random Hardware Addresses: There is a Wi-Fi setting in Windows 10 called 'Use Random Hardware Addresses'. I recently discovered an issue connecting to our wireless network while this setting is enabled. Has anyone experienced this and if so, do you know how to fix it?We have a Windows 2012 R2 domain...
  4. Use Random Hardware Addresses

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. "Use Random Hardware Addresses" Feature on Windows 10

"Use Random Hardware Addresses" Feature on Windows 10: I am trying to enable the "Use Random Hardware Addresses" when using my Wifi on my new computer, but it does not appear in the Wifi settings, as it should. How do I enable it?...
  6. How to re-enable the use of Random hardware address feature.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to re-enable the use of Random hardware address feature.: This problem is on my home laptop and I noticed the option to turn on Random Hardware Address in the wifi setting is disabled. I'm quite sure that this is the work of my parents. submitted by /u/xXDogememezXx [link] [comments]...
  7. "Use Random Hardware Addresses" Feature Missing

"Use Random Hardware Addresses" Feature Missing: Hi, I have latest version of Windows 10 Version 20H2 (OS Build 19042.746) and this feature is missing in my wifi settings. I tried several adapters that were supportive of this feature but it's still missing. I also repaired windows. How should I fix this? submitted by...
  8. Random Hardware Addresses Feature is missing

Random Hardware Addresses Feature is missing: I'm using Windows 10 latest version and I can't find the option anywhere. The adapter I use supports it. But the option still isn't there. Can anyone help? Thanks!...
  9. Use random hardware address

Use random hardware address: I’m not part of an organization or anything (home PC), but when I try to turn on “Use random hardware address” it won’t let me because of the “organization”. submitted by /u/TheLoneTerrarian [link] [comments]...
  10. Using random hardware addresses for networks

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Using random hardware addresses for networks: Hey there, Often I have connection issues with my PC. To specify the PC connects to the WIFI Network, however it doesn't have an active internet connection. It occurs the most at the public wifi in my uni. It also sometimes happens with my home wifi. The question is;...