Windows 10: Did my Macrium backup work?

Discus and support Did my Macrium backup work? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hi all (Windows 10 Pro build version 10.0.19042) I have downloaded Macrium Reflect 7 Free, but my download/install experience does not match the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by thinwhiteduke, May 5, 2021.

1. Did my Macrium backup work?

Hi all (Windows 10 Pro build version 10.0.19042) I have downloaded Macrium Reflect 7 Free, but my download/install experience does not match the tutorial. I have a simple PC set up and backup requirements. I have one desktop with a C: drive, a Samsung external drive I backed up to (using the Backup & Restore (Win7) option in Win10 before I found Macrium) and a CD/DVD drive. I want to backup my files (basically the My Documents folder) and also have a separate system Win10 image in case I need to reinstall Win10. 1. Running the install as administrator I got Part 1 (2) so downloaded the agent there. But then I did not get the screenshot for Part 1 (3) to install Windows PE or Rescue Media (though I see from the Macrium web page that v7 includes this) 2. I didn't get any of the Part 2 screenshots re the Rescue Media wizard. The Macrium Setup Wizard started. I chose "Home", not to register, then chose not to install VBoot (as you had no mention of this). I then clicked Install, and it finished and launched. 3. Please see my screenshot. I selected a "Create an image of the partition" option and managed to follow your other steps. Now forgive me for appearing thick but can someone be clear on what I am getting with that second option? Is it a Win10 system image (with no user data files)? My user data is all contained within C: under My Documents. If I want to back up those files, I presume I choose "Create a file and folder backup". Can I store that on my Samsung drive as well as the image? When I chose the 'Image selected disks' option, a message said my destination drive could not store both (or words to that effect). I put my pc into hibernate that night and the following day it seemingly continued the backup. However, I didn't get any confirmation message to say it was successful. This is the image summary: So I suppose in the end I'm just wondering why I had a different experience, did it work, and presumably the different messages I am seeing/not seeing is simply because I'm using version 7 and the tutorial is for an earlier version. Any advice as ever is welcome Thanks, Tim

:)

thinwhiteduke, May 5, 2021
  2. topgundcp Win User

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

Did my Macrium backup work? [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, May 5, 2021
  3. SarahKong Win User
    Windows 10 backup stopped working

I can't get windows backup to work either since last update.

Microsoft stated that they are not actively fixing windows backup since windows 7 hence it is called backup and restore (windows 7).

The only thing i can suggest is to either go to a macrium for all backups (recommend) or remove macrium fully and try the backup again.

SarahKong, May 5, 2021
  4. ssbtech Win User

Did my Macrium backup work?

Macrium Scheduled Backups Broken with Anniversary Update

I use Macrium Reflect V5 to automate my backups. Thank god I had done a manual backup before Creators update because CU bricked my PC and I had to restore from the image.

Anyway, I say manual backup because on March 10, Microsoft forced upon me the Anniversary Update which resulted in the scheduled tasks in Macrium Reflect being broken.

1) Why is Microsoft forcing these damaging updates on us?

2) How can I get my Macrium scheduled backups to run properly? I've uninstalled, reinstalled, recreated all my backup schedules and nothing works.

This is ridiculous. I'm half tempted to go find myself a copy of Enterprise LTSB. I won't make use of the bloatware MS sticks in new builds, so there's no sense in having them forced on me. STOP IT!

ssbtech, May 5, 2021
Thema:

Did my Macrium backup work?

1. Did my Macrium backup work? - Similar Threads - Did Macrium backup

2. Modified Macrium backup

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Modified Macrium backup: Dell Inspiron 15 5565, Win 10 Home I want to create a Mactium backup, but it's going to be huge unless I can properly modify it. I tried to use a USB with 28gb free space as the destination, but it wasn't enough [img] My first question is can I just image the first 4...
  3. Macrium backup question

Macrium backup question: [img] Can someone tell me if that one box marked in red is something to ignore in the backup process. Thanks. 126596
  4. Macrium backup question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Macrium backup question: [img] Can someone tell me if that one box marked in red is something to ignore in the backup process. Thanks. 126596
  5. macrium backup failed

macrium backup failed: hello all after months of doing a image backup , today my marcium backup failed , i have tried several times to do a backup, and a [img] [img] reboot ( before i do the 1809 ) update any suggestions welcomed 123956
  6. Question on Macrium backups

Question on Macrium backups: Thanks for thinking about answering my question! I currently have the following backup plan for my laptop - full backup on Sunday, then Differential every other day of the week. So in the case of a failure, I just have to restore the Sunday Full and the latest Differential...
  7. Macrium Backup error

Macrium Backup error: I was getting system hanging problem in my windows 10 for quite a days (my system is dual boot with two hard disk, one XP and other Windows 10). I already have macrium backup image but I tried to take a new backup of my windows 10 system drives with the free version from...
  8. Macrium installation & backup

Macrium installation & backup: Hello Forum, An hour ago I installed Macrium, after instl. it made (burned) a rescue dvd. I am trying to make my first backup to the system, but first I want to consult with my 'teachers', After installation please see screenshot "macrium - 01.jpg", there are 2 disks, C:...
  9. Backup & Restore with Macrium

Backup & Restore with Macrium: Hello, Thanks for the answers. Searching I found this long explanation which made me more confused http://www.everydaylinuxuser.com/201...-way-with.html and I have lot of questions since, 1. Have one full instl. file "reflect_setup_free_x86(6.1.1081).exe size 39.502...
  10. Macrium backup

Macrium backup: I have made a backup of my hard drive from my old computer with macruim reflect. It is a backup of a few installed applications and software packages but more importantly it is a copy of windows 10 professional with digital entitlement. I plan to buy a new laptop and am...