Windows 10: Did my PC hang up during the "Update"?

Discus and support Did my PC hang up during the "Update"? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hey, I wouldn't normally ask such a question, but now I'm a little insecure. Since yesterday's latest Windows 10 update, I got a message today... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by xrobin94, Jun 21, 2020.

1. xrobin94 Win User

Did my PC hang up during the "Update"?

Hey,

I wouldn't normally ask such a question, but now I'm a little insecure.

Since yesterday's latest Windows 10 update, I got a message today while updating the update info manually that I still have to restart my PC.

But now it has been stuck in the "being restarted" loop for over an hour. Cursor can be moved, keyboard does not react to commands.

Since there is not a single hint for an update or any changes, but only the restart info, I'm a bit sceptical, that's why I asked my question here...

Do you want me to wait? I do not want to switch off the PC by force at all.

Also heard that there have been some problems since the latest June update. For example, I can't create new folders anymore, although I don't know if this is the reason.

Did my PC hang up during the "Update"? 0_big.jpg

:)

xrobin94, Jun 21, 2020

2. Windows 10 update hangs on downloading updates at 98%

Hi vinodh,

In step 3 you state to press enter after after each command but its written like one sentence,could you list them so we can identify each command please.my pc just hangs on "checking for updates" so i installed the win 10 updater and that just hangs on 99%
    so i will try what you suggest above.

Thanks

but not with this email add, Jun 21, 2020
  3. HAT
    hat Win User
    Windows Update suddenly hangs?

Windows Update is suddenly hanging for some reason... I went and downloaded and installed the first bunch of updates, restarted when asked, and now when I go back to windows update I just get the window with a white box forever. Reboot and it still does it. This happens to be on my main machine, running windows 7.

I've also noticed when I reboot it says configuring windows update, step 3 of 3, 47%. Maybe it somehow skipped something and is screwed forever?

4. Did my PC hang up during the "Update"?

PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Jun 21, 2020
Thema:

Did my PC hang up during the "Update"?

1. Did my PC hang up during the "Update"? - Similar Threads - Did hang during

2. pc hangs up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    pc hangs up: Ctrl/alt/delete gets it going again but shortly after it freezes again, any solutions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-hangs-up/cfe33a9f-1324-4b60-98fd-2f296e3f866e
  3. Laptop hangs up during NVIDIA GeForce Experience update.

Laptop hangs up during NVIDIA GeForce Experience update.: Hi,Yesterday my laptop froze during the NVIDIA GeForce Experience update. It's a brand new HP laptop and I had no idea what to do. After almost 30 minutes of freezing, I reluctantly turned off my laptop by pressing the power button for a few seconds. When I turned it back on,...
  4. Why does my PC hang during connected standby?

Why does my PC hang during connected standby?: Hi all, I have a Dell XPS 9310 which I bought in Jan 2021 and is running Windows 10.0.19042 Build 19042. For around 6 weeks now, whenever the PC goes to sleep connected standby, after a few minutes of sleep, it becomes unwakeable: high fan speed, black screen,...
  5. did the latest updates mess up Sleep mode? Hang, crash

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    did the latest updates mess up Sleep mode? Hang, crash: I've noticed more sleep hangs and even shutdowns while in sleep mode, oddly. I haven't installed anything new. Only updates have been installed. Sleep will not complete. It goes half asleep, and won't wake up on key press. Also one time it shutdown after sleep mode was...
  6. Activation and hanging up during support calls

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activation and hanging up during support calls: I'm just trying to get my windows 10 activated.... I had a windows 8.1 key from my original pc build in 2014. At some point, maybe around 2017 I upgraded to windows 10 through the free upgrade process. I've now build a mostly new computer, keeping some parts from the...
  7. PC hangs up after update on restart?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PC hangs up after update on restart?: As briefly shown above, my PC has been stuck since yesterday when I rebooted. I had to do an update, and when rebooting it doesn't get any further. The BIOS boots and then the HP icon appears (since I have an HP computer). Shortly after that a text appears: It tries to...
  8. PC Freeze/ Hang up

PC Freeze/ Hang up: I've been trying to figure this one out for going on a few years now and I feel like i'm close to a possible cause. What has started all of this was my PC kept getting stuck at the 30% Windows update mark. Still haven't been able to update yet. I am forced to hard boot when...
  9. My PC "freezes" during start up .....

My PC "freezes" during start up .....: my PC freezes during start up ... I often, after bout 4 attempts, get message "MACHINE CHECK EXCEPTION" as it is "frozen" i cannot access anything outlined in the community chat line recommended "fixes" This problem is intermittent and has only began after a Windows 10...
  10. Computer Hangs Up During Boot Up

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer Hangs Up During Boot Up: Recently, my computer hangs up at the Windows Logo screen during boot up. I have to power off and then power back on. It usually boots up on the 2nd try. Any idea what's happening, and how to fix it? HPE-510t Intel Core i5-2500 CPU @ 3.3GHz 64-bit Win10 v 1709 build...