Windows 10: Did my Windows 10 Activate?

Discus and support Did my Windows 10 Activate? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; So in short my pc stopped working after I downloaded win10 fine and used the reset option. However before I downloaded win10 I had the %Windows~ .BT... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Karizma, Jul 30, 2015.

1. Karizma Win User

Did my Windows 10 Activate?

So in short my pc stopped working after I downloaded win10 fine and used the reset option. However before I downloaded win10 I had the %Windows~ .BT file which from what I understood was Windows 10 already downloaded and just waiting for the 29th to hit (This was like a hour away from hitting midnight on the 28th). I read people were getting the download to start by deleting everything in C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download, which I did and it started the download.

Now my question is as I'm getting ready to put a iso on a usb and reinstall should I just reinstall Win7, as did I force my windows 10 download without actually being upgraded yet? I received a email today saing my upgrade for windows 10 is coming soon.

I thought it upgraded as soon as I downloaded windows 10, but I've seen some people say Microsoft automatically upgrades when you see the go to download.

And as a side thing does anyone know where I can get a win7 iso? The microsoft software recovery won't even load and I heard it doesnt support oem keys.

:)

Karizma, Jul 30, 2015

2. Windows 10 Unexpected shutdown on start up

OK, so i figured it out myself

Found the logfile in "C:\Windows\Minidump".

You need the Windows Development Kit to open it and a bit of googling to understand it.

Found out that a Daemon driver caused an error. Removed Daemon but this didn't solve it. (ps: Daemon itself worked normally).

I let hibernate my computer again and found another error with sptd2.sys: SCSI Pass Through Direct layer

More google and ended up on the duplexsecure site. Downloaded the W10 version and voila: problem fixed.

For the Windows support team: It would be really helpfull if you could pass problems to a more skilled helpdesk who can do more than proposing the standard solutions in case those won't work.

Cheers

windows-10, Jul 30, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Unexpected shutdown on start up

OK, so I also found out that this occurs when sleepmode (for me after 3 hours) changes into hibernate mode.

Seems like the going into hibernate and/or starting up from HIbernate results in a shutdown. In safeboot it works perfectly.

Anyone any idea how I can figure out where it goes wrong. Is there a way to log this (I couldn't find it in bootlog)

windows-10, Jul 30, 2015
  4. Ztruker Win User

Did you actually install Windows 10? Just downloading it won't instaall or activate it.

Open a Elevated Command Prompt and enter winver. See what it says. Should be something like this:

Did my Windows 10 Activate? [​IMG]

Ztruker, Jul 30, 2015
  5. Karizma Win User
    I installed it fine, then I ran the rest option and something went wrong and now when I boot I get my dell logo then a black screen followed by a auto restart and it just loops those 3 things over and over. I'm currently using a old XP machine.

Karizma, Jul 30, 2015
  6. walpow Win User
    Hey, Karizma, I went through something similar. Reset didn't work and I got the sequence you described. Then I installed from an ISO, which worked but which leaves me unactivated.

walpow, Jul 31, 2015
  7. Karizma Win User
    Hm damn, I guess I'll try just installing a win7 iso first.

Karizma, Jul 31, 2015
  8. walpow Win User

I'm going to give it a couple more days to sort out. Being unactivated isn't keeping me from doing anything. My only concern is I don't want to install a bunch of software and then find out I've got to start from scratch.

If MS doesn't get it sorted out I'll try an ISO first. I was going to use 7 but just discovered I have an 8.1 license. Who knew? Downloading that now and will try if I get impatient.

walpow, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Did my Windows 10 Activate? - Similar Threads - Did Activate

2. After Windows update, lots of things stopped working. Did I lose my WIndows Activation?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    After Windows update, lots of things stopped working. Did I lose my WIndows Activation?: After the latest Windows 10 update on 12 Jan 2024, I had some problems restarting my machine but eventually it did. But now lots of things don't work, like all of my Office products or search on the toolbar. In the lower right a message states "Activate Windows " and "Go to...
  3. After Windows update, lots of things stopped working. Did I lose my WIndows Activation?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After Windows update, lots of things stopped working. Did I lose my WIndows Activation?: After the latest Windows 10 update on 12 Jan 2024, I had some problems restarting my machine but eventually it did. But now lots of things don't work, like all of my Office products or search on the toolbar. In the lower right a message states "Activate Windows " and "Go to...
  4. After Windows update, lots of things stopped working. Did I lose my WIndows Activation?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Why did an auto system upgrade activate onedrive? How do I undo it and get my file system back?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why did an auto system upgrade activate onedrive? How do I undo it and get my file system back?: Why did an auto system upgrade activate onedrive? How do I undo it and get my file system back?And why did I have to copy and paste my question from above into this second text box?...
  6. Why did an auto system upgrade activate onedrive? How do I undo it and get my file system back?

Why did an auto system upgrade activate onedrive? How do I undo it and get my file system back?: Why did an auto system upgrade activate onedrive? How do I undo it and get my file system back?And why did I have to copy and paste my question from above into this second text box?...
  7. why the did the water mark "activate windows" come back after updating my pc?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why the did the water mark "activate windows" come back after updating my pc?: Go to settings to activate windows. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-the-did-the-water-mark-activate-windows-come/5ed500fc-7a53-4308-90f0-fd216189c3b4
  8. why the did the water mark "activate windows" come back after updating my pc?

why the did the water mark "activate windows" come back after updating my pc?: Go to settings to activate windows. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-the-did-the-water-mark-activate-windows-come/5ed500fc-7a53-4308-90f0-fd216189c3b4
  9. why the **** did the water mark "activate windows" come back after updating my pc?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    why the **** did the water mark "activate windows" come back after updating my pc?: Go to settings to activate windows. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-the-did-the-water-mark-activate-windows-come/5ed500fc-7a53-4308-90f0-fd216189c3b4
  10. My Microsoft account got hacked. What does "resolved unusual activity" mean? Did the hacker...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Microsoft account got hacked. What does "resolved unusual activity" mean? Did the hacker...: I have a Microsoft account because I used OneNote for school. It mainly served as cloud storage for my school notes. After I graduated 4-5 years ago, I basically forgot about this account. Everything in this account, including the password, has not been updated for over 5...