Windows 10: Did Not Connect: Potential Security Issue Solution ?

Discus and support Did Not Connect: Potential Security Issue Solution ? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; On my Windows 10 PC, while trying to log into my Gmail [Using Firefox], I got the message "Did Not Connect: Potential Security Issue" with the error... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Natashya.Leah, Aug 20, 2019.

1. Did Not Connect: Potential Security Issue Solution ?

On my Windows 10 PC, while trying to log into my Gmail [Using Firefox], I got the message "Did Not Connect: Potential Security Issue" with the error "MOZILLA_PKIX_ERROR_SELF_SIGNED_CERT". I have tried to fix the error to no avail and thus ask for any tips or feedback.

I have also tried to login using Chrome and got the message "Your connection is not private" with the error "NET::ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID"

:)

Natashya.Leah, Aug 20, 2019
  2. qubit Win User

Corporate Security Solution

That made me so facepalm. Some people have absolutely no clue. I hope they don't take you for granted with all this you're doing for them.

SonicWall is a good security product, so Mindweaver's suggestion sounds like a good one and should make for a rather bigger baby step. Let's hope they take it.

qubit, Aug 20, 2019
  3. hexaae Win User
    Potential security issue

Yes, it's something MS should add to the OS. The "potential problem" is obviously not limited to GPU-z only but to all programs with admin rights able to open a link. There should be an easy way to launch a task with a lower privilege level with Windows, and MS should provide a documented solution.

Happens the same with FFox and other browsers since they'll run with Admin privileges. It's not a IE specific flaw.

Of course I know how to avoid that with a workaround solution *Laugh :laugh: but many users won't notice this and will be exposed to more potential security risks once their browser will have the highest privileges.

Thank you for your replies...

hexaae, Aug 20, 2019
  4. hexaae Win User

Did Not Connect: Potential Security Issue Solution ?

Potential security issue

Please let's not start another boring flame VS IE... FFox for example does not even have a sandbox like IE and Chrome and has many cirtical vulnerabilities (as for all browsers): Security Advisories for Firefox

I don't think it's a IE-only issue: all tasks and browsers launched within GPU-z will inherit its privileges resulting in a security potential risk on the web...
    Other interesting links:
    Run an application under current logon user's privileges
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2278183
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms682429(v=vs.85).aspx
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb625960.aspx

hexaae, Aug 20, 2019
Thema:

Did Not Connect: Potential Security Issue Solution ?

1. Did Not Connect: Potential Security Issue Solution ? - Similar Threads - Did Connect Potential

2. Potential solution to System freeze and audio problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Potential solution to System freeze and audio problem: This is a potential solution that worked for me in regards to a problem discussed in this thread: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-freeze-and-audio-problem/1d742809-a22f-492e-b121-e830388a724eI was not able to post my solution to that thread as it...
  3. Potential solution to System freeze and audio problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Potential solution to System freeze and audio problem: This is a potential solution that worked for me in regards to a problem discussed in this thread: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-freeze-and-audio-problem/1d742809-a22f-492e-b121-e830388a724eI was not able to post my solution to that thread as it...
  4. Potential solution to System freeze and audio problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Potential security problem

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Potential security problem: Hello I have a concern with my windows security since it is not working. I want to do factory reset but it might wipe the license as well. How to make it work or just let windows defender be my security for my PC?...
  6. Potential security problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Potential security problem: Hello I have a concern with my windows security since it is not working. I want to do factory reset but it might wipe the license as well. How to make it work or just let windows defender be my security for my PC?...
  7. Potential security problem

8. Potential security problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Potential security problem: Hello I'm a bit concern with my windows security it is not working. I always check and try to set it up but nothing would work. I'm afraid that if I reset my PC back to factory settings I will lose license of my account. Is there a way to fix it? Or just let windows defender...
  9. Potential security problem

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Potential security problem: Hello I'm a bit concern with my windows security it is not working. I always check and try to set it up but nothing would work. I'm afraid that if I reset my PC back to factory settings I will lose license of my account. Is there a way to fix it? Or just let windows defender...
  10. Potential security problem

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Did Not Connect: Potential Security Issue

2. firefox did not connect: potential security issue

3. Did Not Connect: Potential Security Issue firefox

4. did not connect potential security issue in firefox,
  5. firefox says did not connect: potential security issue,
  6. potential security issue for pc,
  7. firfox Did Not Connect: Potential Security Issue,
  8. Did Not Connect: Potential Security Issue FIRFOX SOLVE IT,
  9. id not connect: potential security issue,
  10. did not connect: potential security issue ubuntu,
  11. did not connect potential security issue,