Windows 10: Did OneDrive really lose all my files for me??

Discus and support Did OneDrive really lose all my files for me?? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Help me please ... I just started a new job and got a work computer. To be able to also work on my private computer when not in my office, I was going... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/epsa89, Feb 1, 2021.

1. /u/epsa89 Win User

Did OneDrive really lose all my files for me??

Help me please ...

I just started a new job and got a work computer. To be able to also work on my private computer when not in my office, I was going to use OneDrive to sync my work folders. This is what I did:

- On my work pc I clicked OneDrive to set it up, and chose which folders to be synced

- On my private pc I clicked OneDrive to set it up. By mistake I accepted it to sync all my private folders. I only want access to work folders on my private pc, not my private files on my work pc.

- Everything was starting to syncronize - it was taking a while since also my private photo folders were being synced

- I right clicked OneDrive on my private pc and chose Settings. Here I could click to stop the sync, which I did.

- After this, suddenly all my photos seem to be lost! I can not find them, not on my private pc, not in the OneDrive folder on my work pc and not on the OneDrive area online. The folder structures are in order in all places, but no files anywhere!

I suppose this happened because I cancelled the syncing, but wtf! Why would this make all the photos disappear from all places? All the documents are still in place on my private pc, while only the document folder structure is available on my work pc. I have no backup of my photos - please, does anyone know how I can get them back!?

- Desperate -

submitted by /u/epsa89
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/epsa89, Feb 1, 2021

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Feb 1, 2021
  3. Onedrive

Hi Hiatt,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I suggest you to refer the article Find
    lost or missing files in OneDrive
    for more information regarding the missing files.

If the issue still persists please follow the steps to contact
    OneDrive support for further assistance on this issue.

1. Login to OneDrive.com.
    2. Click the ? Help icon on the top banner of the page.
    3. Select Email OneDrive support for the further assistance.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Feb 1, 2021
  4. Did OneDrive really lose all my files for me??

Utilities that I run can no longer automatically save files to my OneDrive

Hi Alan,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To set OneDrive as your default location to save your documents and files, follow the below steps.

1. Click on the OneDrive icon from the Taskbar area > Click on the menu button (three-dots) on the top-right corner > Click on
      Settings > Go to the Auto Save tab.
    2. Using the drop-down menu, select OneDrive for
      Desktop
      , Documents, and Pictures and click on
      OK.
    3. Once you complete the above steps, restart the computer once and try saving the files generated from utilities and check if it is saving in
      C:\Users\myname\OneDrive\Documents folder.

If you are still facing the same issue, then I suggest you to contact OneDrive support for further assistance on this issue by following the below steps.

• Login to
      https://onedrive.com/
    • Click the ? Help icon on the top banner of the page.
    • Select Email OneDrive support for the further assistance.

Shafeeq_Khan, Feb 1, 2021
Thema:

Did OneDrive really lose all my files for me??

1. Did OneDrive really lose all my files for me?? - Similar Threads - Did OneDrive really

2. Why did OneDrive delete ALL MY WORK

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why did OneDrive delete ALL MY WORK: I'll try to explain this as calmly as possible. The onedrive folder has caused countless problems for me -- I never wanted backup/an online cloud ever, and never consented to it stealing taking my work and doing with it what it will or mucking around on my computer. But yet...
  3. Why did OneDrive delete ALL MY WORK

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why did OneDrive delete ALL MY WORK: I'll try to explain this as calmly as possible. The onedrive folder has caused countless problems for me -- I never wanted backup/an online cloud ever, and never consented to it stealing taking my work and doing with it what it will or mucking around on my computer. But yet...
  4. Why did OneDrive delete ALL MY WORK

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. "Fixing" issue of files being saved to onedrive caused me to lose said files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Fixing" issue of files being saved to onedrive caused me to lose said files: I recently connected my university one drive account to my PC. Just now I found it odd that files on my desktop were pathed through the one drive account. Knowing, or assuming, that I wouldn't have access to my university account forever, I wanted to change the source/paths...
  6. "Fixing" issue of files being saved to onedrive caused me to lose said files

"Fixing" issue of files being saved to onedrive caused me to lose said files: I recently connected my university one drive account to my PC. Just now I found it odd that files on my desktop were pathed through the one drive account. Knowing, or assuming, that I wouldn't have access to my university account forever, I wanted to change the source/paths...
  7. Removing all traces of OneDrive without losing any files

Removing all traces of OneDrive without losing any files: Hello,I work in locations where I can't access the internet often, so using OneDrive is practically impossible for me, so I am regularly unable to access files which automatically path themselves through OneDrive.How do I completely remove OneDrive from my computer including...
  8. Removing all traces of OneDrive without losing any files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removing all traces of OneDrive without losing any files: Hello,I work in locations where I can't access the internet often, so using OneDrive is practically impossible for me, so I am regularly unable to access files which automatically path themselves through OneDrive.How do I completely remove OneDrive from my computer including...
  9. Removing all traces of OneDrive without losing any files

10. Losing all computer files

Losing all computer files: Every time my computer turns off when I turn it back on I have no files -they have all been put into my user file. They have all disappeared off my desktop etc. This didn't start until I added Microsoft edge-and after the most recent Microsoft update What is happening?...