Windows 10: did restore point, now win 10 wont start

Discus and support did restore point, now win 10 wont start in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Just finished a restore point. Now Dreaded blue screen. " Your PC did not start correctly" Restart just shuts down.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by EugeneCantley, Mar 14, 2021.

1. did restore point, now win 10 wont start

Just finished a restore point. Now Dreaded blue screen. " Your PC did not start correctly" Restart just shuts down.

:)

EugeneCantley, Mar 14, 2021
  2. cereberus Win User

Restore points being deleted

This is not a pitch but a valid suggestion of a superior alternative.

cereberus, Mar 14, 2021
  3. jellyroll Win User
    How to delete inactive System Image Restore Points in System Restore

Windows 10 64-bit.
    When I click "show more restore points" in System Restore I see a bunch of old "system image restore points" that were deleted in past and do not correspond to any currently active restore points. Clicking any of these old restore points, I simply get an error message saying they could not be found, and to select another restore point instead.I would like to delete these restore points listings but have been unable to do so.
    So far, I have tried steps mentioned below without any luck :

Disk Cleanup through (Cdid restore point, now win 10 wont start :) Properties
    Disable System Protection (OFF and ON) in System Protection for OS (Cdid restore point, now win 10 wont start :)
    Disk Space Usage to minimum (slider button all the way to the left then 'Delete all restore points for this drive'),
    Delete all shown Restore points in CCleaner (the problem ones do not show here),
    Reset Windows Backup to Default in Windows 10 with 'Reset_Windows_Backup.bat' utility.

Any suggestions highly welcome.

jellyroll, Mar 14, 2021
  4. Brink Win User

did restore point, now win 10 wont start

Automatically Create System Restore Point at Startup in Windows 10  

Hello ma3ino, did restore point, now win 10 wont start :)

Please double check using the screenshots under step 11 to verify if the restore point is listed there.

Brink, Mar 14, 2021
Thema:

did restore point, now win 10 wont start

1. did restore point, now win 10 wont start - Similar Threads - did restore point

2. bluebook did an update and now it wont open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    bluebook did an update and now it wont open: bluebook did an update and now it wont open on my windows 10, it opens briefly then goes away. I tried uninstall/install and restarting my computer...
  3. Where are restore points saved - Win 10 Pro ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Where are restore points saved - Win 10 Pro ?: When creating restore points where are they located on the dik? Can I back them up to a removable drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-are-restore-points-saved-win-10-pro/a4a727bf-abd9-4491-82c8-8e755bad4ae7
  4. Win 10 Restore Points keep fluctuating

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Win 10 Restore Points keep fluctuating: hi guys, I noticed that my restore points keep fluctuating, for example i set max size to 2GB, and at any given point in time i check them, they will range from 20mb up to the max range, which could be OK. But without installing many things, i understand when you do a major...
  5. Win 10 Restore Points keep fluctuating

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Win 10 Restore Points keep fluctuating: hi guys, I noticed that my restore points keep fluctuating, for example i set max size to 2GB, and at any given point in time i check them, they will range from 20mb up to the max range, which could be OK. But without installing many things, i understand when you do a major...
  6. Restore Points Win 10 Pro.

Restore Points Win 10 Pro.: My fairly high spec PC was updated to Win 10 Pro last Fe and has performed really well. However a few days ago it started running slowly and lagging/freezing quite badly. It seemed to follow a Windows 10 update so I rolled back to the middle of Dec around about 20th which...
  7. Why are my Win 10 restore points gone? And no, I did not set to manually.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why are my Win 10 restore points gone? And no, I did not set to manually.: So after years of no issues, I suddenly got the blue screen tonight. So, I figured I'd system restore. I have nothing important to lose. I know for a fact I did a back up 3 months ago. Now, system Restore says my only available restore options are July 24 2020 (today). I had...
  8. win 10 wont start

win 10 wont start: when I start Win 10 It dose to win recovery the locks up... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-wont-start/856361c1-a46a-4aa9-8170-93eed6024b61
  9. Win 10: Can't create system restore point.

Win 10: Can't create system restore point.: I ran into this problem sometime back. I eventually had to re-set win 10. Finally got it the way I wanted it. This time I think the error report might be a different number. Same problem. Please try to run system restore again (0x81000203)-please close property page. I ran...
  10. Be careful about Win 10 Restore Point.

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Be careful about Win 10 Restore Point.: After I clean installed Win 10, and then installed many programs that I normally use. And when the computer worked just the way I wanted - I decided to set the Restore Point right then. ---------------------- Then I started (doing foolish things) fixing problems trying to...