Windows 10: Did some update just modify the power management options of my wifi adapter?

Discus and support Did some update just modify the power management options of my wifi adapter? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have an old ASUS VivoPC, I just ran updates to get all the latest bugfixes and wot-not, everything installed, I shutdown the system, and two minutes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by TomHorsley, Nov 21, 2021.

1. Did some update just modify the power management options of my wifi adapter?

I have an old ASUS VivoPC, I just ran updates to get all the latest bugfixes and wot-not, everything installed, I shutdown the system, and two minutes later, it came back on. After much head scratching, I found the wifi adapter hardware properties for power management and saw the option to allow this device to start system was on, turned it off, and it has stayed powered down ever since. In all the years I had this thing, it never behaved like this, so I am just wondering if the update deliberately changed that option.

:)

TomHorsley, Nov 21, 2021
  2. Try3 Win User

Update made wifi adapter disapear

If the wifi adapter appears in Device manager without any warning triangle but there is no wifi section in Settings, Networks then reinstall the wifi adapter.

If the wifi adapter appears in Device manager without any warning triangle and there is a wifi section in Settings, Networks then use Settings, Update, Troubleshoot. I'd suggest this sequence:-
    Hardware & devices
    Network adapter
    Internet connections

Best of luck,
    Denis

3. Mohan B P Win User
    Win 10 network adapter disable allow the computer to turn off this device to save power

Hi,

I realize that you are trying to modify registry settings, let me assist you.

Since modifying or deleting registry entries incorrectly may result in serious problems, it is not recommended to change the registry entries. I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the
    Power Management settings from the Device Manager
    and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X key and select Device Manager.

• Find and double-click Network adapters.

• Right-click the device listed and click on
      Properties.
    • Navigate to Power Management tab and uncheck the option
      Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.

Hope this helps. Kindly write back to us with the updated status of the issue for further assistance on Windows, we'll be glad to assist you.

Mohan B P, Nov 21, 2021
  4. Arun B J Win User

Did some update just modify the power management options of my wifi adapter?

WiFi and Bluetooth Options Disappeared from Device management

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run the Network Adapter troubleshooter.

• Press Windows key +X, select
      Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to
      Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Network Adapter troubleshooter.
    Step 2: You may follow the steps and check if it helps in resolving the issue, as the device might be hidden.

• Press Windows key + X.

• Click on Device Manager.

• Click on View.

• Click on Show
        Hidden Devices.

• Search for the Bluetooth device.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Nov 21, 2021
Thema:

Did some update just modify the power management options of my wifi adapter?

1. Did some update just modify the power management options of my wifi adapter? - Similar Threads - Did update modify

2. My wifi adapter just disappeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My wifi adapter just disappeared: This has happened twice..My wifi totally disappeared from my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-wifi-adapter-just-disappeared/d480e015-aa61-436b-b087-785933dda92e
  3. My wifi adapter just disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My wifi adapter just disappeared: This has happened twice..My wifi totally disappeared from my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-wifi-adapter-just-disappeared/d480e015-aa61-436b-b087-785933dda92e
  4. Did some update just modify the power management options of my wifi adapter?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Did some update just modify the power management options of my wifi adapter?: I have an old ASUS VivoPC, I just ran updates to get all the latest bugfixes and wot-not, everything installed, I shutdown the system, and two minutes later, it came back on. After much head scratching, I found the wifi adapter hardware properties for power management and saw...
  5. Did some update just modify the power management options of my wifi adapter?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Did some update just modify the power management options of my wifi adapter?: I have an old ASUS VivoPC, I just ran updates to get all the latest bugfixes and wot-not, everything installed, I shutdown the system, and two minutes later, it came back on. After much head scratching, I found the wifi adapter hardware properties for power management and saw...
  6. Power Management options missing in device manager/ethernet adapter properties.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Power Management options missing in device manager/ethernet adapter properties.: Hello, I'm trying to enable LAN wake for my computer, as my computer is located where I can't access the power button and learnt' it's doable by phone app. The app instructs you to enable an option in power settings in my ethernet adapter, but it is missing. I already added...
  7. Wifi option Just disappeared in Update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi option Just disappeared in Update: Pls help, my wifi option just disappeared after the latest update of windows, and it seem to be a driver problem, idk how this happened, but i really need help right now!, I tried uninstalling the driver and using the scan for hardware changes option to reinstall the default...
  8. There is no option of "power management" in configure internet adapter

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    There is no option of "power management" in configure internet adapter: Im on windows 10, my laptop's internet is cut off when laptop is not plugged in. i saw videos on youtube how to solve this problem and i see the solve is go to internet options and right click on the internet adapter. then click on configure. then click on power management....
  9. Power Management Options

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Power Management Options: Hello, i am having an issue with a Dell all in one that i purchased recently. i use this computer as the main computer of my network where certain shared files are located. i have the power setting to turn off the display after 10 minutes but for the system i have it set to...
  10. Add AHCI Link Power Management - Adaptive to Power Options in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add AHCI Link Power Management - Adaptive to Power Options in Windows: How to: Add AHCI Link Power Management - Adaptive to Power Options in Windows How to Add or Remove "AHCI Link Power Management - Adaptive" from Power Options in Windows The Power Options allows users to configure the link power management mode for disk and storage...