Windows 10: Did system reset and lost win 10 activation / wasnt prompted

Discus and support Did system reset and lost win 10 activation / wasnt prompted in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I did a system reset on my system I have had for years with win 10 pro activated. After the reset I could no longer activate win 10 through... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by mikey3808, Feb 14, 2019.

1. mikey3808 Win User

Did system reset and lost win 10 activation / wasnt prompted

I did a system reset on my system I have had for years with win 10 pro activated. After the reset I could no longer activate win 10 through troubleshoot.

I wasn't prompted that this would have happened as I would have avoided this. unfortunately I no longer have the case with the key I bought years ago.

system hardware never changed either.

please help!

Mike

:)

mikey3808, Feb 14, 2019

2. Reset PC, removed Win 7 to Win 10, now facing activation error

Hi, i'm facing activation issues as the title suggests.

What I did was upgraded my Win 7 to Win 10 via the bottom right prompt. Activation successful but some things were not working correctly. So I then did a reset PC from scratch and removed everything. PC started with Win 10 but now not activated. I've tried clicking "Activate now" over the span of 4 days with still an error message to try again later. I've also tried inserting my Win 7 product key but it won't work. Now I'm trying to go back to previous build in attempts to again upgrade from there but it says no other operating system installed.

What should I do to activate my Win 10? I like the interface but this issue is super frustrating!!

foxxyhailey, Feb 14, 2019
  3. EDW
    Edw Win User
    Lost Command Prompt in Win-X Menu

Thanks for the suggestion, Brink. Didn't work. Apparently you need either command prompt or powershell prompt there in order to change one from the other
    Thanks for the suggestion, Berton. I would prefer to keep my Quick Start Taskbar uncluttered if possible, especially as the Win-X menu is just as accessible.

4. Did system reset and lost win 10 activation / wasnt prompted

I lost my windows 10 activation key in the reset process

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

Was Windows 10 activated before performing reset?

Did you perform the upgrade or clean install of Windows 10?

In order to install Windows 10, you must have activated Windows 8.1.

Try the below methods to activate:

Method 1.

Refer the below link and check if that helps:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/why-activate-windows-10

Method 2.

• Press “Windows key + R” to get the run window.
    • Type “slui 4” and press enter.
    Follow the on screen directions to activate over phone.

Refer to this article to know more.

How to activate a Microsoft product by using Microsoft Product Activation Center:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/950929/en-us

Method 3.

System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue.

Refer to these steps to perform a SFC scan:

a) Press Windows key + X, select
    Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated command prompt

b) In the command prompt type the following command:
    sfc/scannow and press enter

c) After the scan, restart the computer and try to activate online first. If the issue persists, then try to activate over phone.

If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to contact the Microsoft Customer Support team for further assistance with this issue.

http://support.microsoft.com/gp/customer-service-phone-numbers/en-gb

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Feb 14, 2019
Thema:

Did system reset and lost win 10 activation / wasnt prompted

1. Did system reset and lost win 10 activation / wasnt prompted - Similar Threads - Did system reset

2. Reset win and driver lost?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Reset win and driver lost?: Hi everyone.i'm want to reset my win but I'm afraid the driver is lost, can anyone help me, please.if the driver is lost, how to reinstall it?Thanks all! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reset-win-and-driver-lost/4321404e-bd52-4e0b-8c53-3b5afa741d2d
  3. Deleted Windows, Did Activation Get Lost?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Deleted Windows, Did Activation Get Lost?: So I've downloaded another OS and it accidentally wiped my whole system SSD. I had windows 10 activated with a key (they are expensive here). If I re download Windows and log in with my account does it get activated? Did the activation just disappear? submitted by...
  4. my windows suddenly wasnt activated.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    my windows suddenly wasnt activated.: so i turned my pc on and then i saw my windows wasnt activated, then when i go to settings, i ran to an error saying "something interrupted our troubleshooting. make sure you're connected to the internet, and try again error code 0x8007000D" but im already connected to the...
  5. Lost Ofice 2010 with win 10 reset

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost Ofice 2010 with win 10 reset: My PC is a Dell with Win 7 . Bought it with Student Office 2010 . Installed a Win 10 upgrade . After things got screwy , I did a Reset of Win 10 and lost my Office 2010 . How do I get it back ??? Thank you...
  6. Is my win 10 activation lost? Seriously?!?

Is my win 10 activation lost? Seriously?!?: Dear Community, I am using Windows 10 Education with an active and valid licence since a couple of years activated with a digital licence. Today, I built my new PC new motherboard, new cpu, etc.. I plugged in my previously used SSD with the valid licence and got the error...
  7. Windows 10 not activated, did a windows recovery reset, how to activate after reset?

Windows 10 not activated, did a windows recovery reset, how to activate after reset?: I had instability problems with my pc. I noticed also, that my Windows 10 OS became inactivated. I had upgraded from windows 8.1 to Windows 10 a few years ago. With instablity and non active Windows 10 OS, I dediced to do a Recovery: Reset. After the Reset install of Windows...
  8. win 10 reset- lost program- ? recover

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    win 10 reset- lost program- ? recover: Hi all, recent pc problem s led to a reset. my MS Office and some other programs have now gone. I read that its apparently not recoverable ( not in recycle). I ran "Recuva" to check and it shows all sorts of files around that time but nothing that I think looks Office...
  9. New HP laptop with activated Win 10 Pro lost activation

New HP laptop with activated Win 10 Pro lost activation: My daughter got a new laptop, with Windows 10 Pro activated on it, it booted with an account named after the model of the laptop (Zbook 15). Assuming to use that as the Admin account I decided to create a user account for her. Not bound with a Microsoft account, because she's...
  10. Lost Command Prompt in Win-X Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Lost Command Prompt in Win-X Menu: Somehow I have deleted the command prompt and powershell entries in the Win-X menu (the right-click on the Win button menu). Anybody know how to restore either to that menu? I have tried installing and using the Win-X editor from winaero.com but without sucess. While there...