Windows 10: Did the Newest Update Delete the LCU Folder?

Discus and support Did the Newest Update Delete the LCU Folder? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; After receiving the latest win 10 update 2 days ago I checked C:\Windows\servicing\LCU to see if there were any residual update files I would normally... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by yahanna, Oct 31, 2020.

1. yahanna Win User

Did the Newest Update Delete the LCU Folder?

After receiving the latest win 10 update 2 days ago I checked C:\Windows\servicing\LCU to see if there were any residual update files I would normally find to delete them to clear storage. But theres no LCU folder there. Did the newest update delete or move that folder?

:)

yahanna, Oct 31, 2020

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Did the Newest Update Delete the LCU Folder? :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Did the Newest Update Delete the LCU Folder? :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Oct 31, 2020
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Oct 31, 2020
  4. Steve C Win User

LCU folder is LARGE-But what is it?

That was my thread. I now always delete the LCU folder after checking a new update works and sfc /scannow runs without errors

Steve C, Oct 31, 2020
Thema:

1. Did the Newest Update Delete the LCU Folder? - Similar Threads - Did Newest Update

2. Rollup Mix Files in LCU Folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Rollup Mix Files in LCU Folder: I can't change LCU folder permission to administrator because it might break windows update and I can't start component cleanup to delete recent rollup mix file in LCU folder because it says its not recommended in command prompt. And I have 2 rollup mix files in LCU folder. I...
  3. LCU Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    LCU Folder: 1 Can i delete LCU files inside LCU folder? 2 after windows update becomes up to date, can i delete the LCU files that after windows update created? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lcu-folder/7c4103c8-cb05-48e6-b89b-12928e1db9a2
  4. LCU Folder

LCU Folder: 1 Can i delete LCU files inside LCU folder? 2 after windows update becomes up to date, can i delete the LCU files that after windows update created? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lcu-folder/7c4103c8-cb05-48e6-b89b-12928e1db9a2
  5. Question about lcu folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Question about lcu folder: Hi so i am just looking in folders and files in treesize to delet unsfule or temp files i saw there is lcu folder and should i delete it i saw post i can it wont cause anything but let double check with professionals...
  6. Question about lcu folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question about lcu folder: Hi so i am just looking in folders and files in treesize to delet unsfule or temp files i saw there is lcu folder and should i delete it i saw post i can it wont cause anything but let double check with professionals...
  7. Question about lcu folder

8. LCU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    LCU: Can not remove LCU, how do I remove the DIR and contents of LCU, It is over 1GB, It takes over 1 hour for my virus program to run, I need help !!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lcu/4f7a88c0-3ac8-4e7d-bc71-3bd6220cd0fa
  9. Why Cant I Delete the LCU Folder for More Space?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why Cant I Delete the LCU Folder for More Space?: I tried to manually delete the LCU folder. But I get a message saying it requires permission. I give it that permission but I still get this message coming up. I dont get it. Please see the message below.. [img] 156967
  10. LCU folder is LARGE-But what is it?

in Windows 10 Support
    LCU folder is LARGE-But what is it?: win10 ver 1909 bld18363.720 Acer e15 core i5 8th gen 256 GB SSD 8GB RAM I came across this directory and am very curious to know - is it accumulated junk? Can I delete and reclaim space? C:/Windows/Servicing/LCU/Package_for_RollupFix~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~18362.720.1.0/...