Windows 10: Did the newest windows 10 update and have nothing but problems. Loved it before. Can I go back?

Discus and support Did the newest windows 10 update and have nothing but problems. Loved it before. Can I go back? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; How do I go back to my Windows 10 before the latest update? I thought it would be a good thing to have it updated.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by folsoman, Jul 22, 2019.

1. folsoman Win User

Did the newest windows 10 update and have nothing but problems. Loved it before. Can I go back?

How do I go back to my Windows 10 before the latest update? I thought it would be a good thing to have it updated.

:)

folsoman, Jul 22, 2019
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jul 22, 2019
  3. New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Jul 22, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Did the newest windows 10 update and have nothing but problems. Loved it before. Can I go back?

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 22, 2019
Thema:

1. Did the newest windows 10 update and have nothing but problems. Loved it before. Can I go back? - Similar Threads - Did newest update

2. Go back to format before last update?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Go back to format before last update?: A few days ago my laptop updated. I didn't even notice it and I was able to use it while it updated so that was good. BUT I hate the new update and format! Onenote and Word are especially bad since I use them every day as a student. The new update changed the format and now...
  3. Go back to format before last update?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Go back to format before last update?: A few days ago my laptop updated. I didn't even notice it and I was able to use it while it updated so that was good. BUT I hate the new update and format! Onenote and Word are especially bad since I use them every day as a student. The new update changed the format and now...
  4. How Can I update Win 10 BEFORE going online?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How Can I update Win 10 BEFORE going online?: Both PCs Win 10 HomePrem unbootable since June 18. One fried by Windows update directly, the other by applying new Win 10 installation media. Both machines are patched up with older Win 10 versions for now, but not safe to go online. How to update these old Win 10 before...
  5. How Can I update Win 10 BEFORE going online?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How Can I update Win 10 BEFORE going online?: Both PCs Win 10 HomePrem unbootable since June 18. One fried by Windows update directly, the other by applying new Win 10 installation media. Both machines are patched up with older Win 10 versions for now, but not safe to go online. How to update these old Win 10 before...
  6. after window newest update i have no sound but before everything was working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    after window newest update i have no sound but before everything was working: everything was working before this update. i have a hp touchsmart 320 with beats audio. im sorry i ever did the upgrade and cant find anyone to help me...
  7. can I go back to windows 7 I have windows 10 now

can I go back to windows 7 I have windows 10 now: I have windows 10 and do not like it, can I go back to windows 7 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/can-i-go-back-to-windows-7-i-have-windows-10-now/ea4acb05-5b6d-4b62-8a39-9a2fcf5efb0f
  8. how to go back to before latest windows 10 update

how to go back to before latest windows 10 update: How do I go back to before latest windows10 update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/how-to-go-back-to-before-latest-windows-10-update/c770531d-b807-4600-8336-b83f828fe404
  9. I would love to go back to 7

I would love to go back to 7: my computer auto update to windows 10 while i was out of the country. now the 30 days to go back are up and HP didnt send any recovery disc when I bought this new computer just over a yr ago. I would love to go back to 7 and have the act. code, but its no good with microsoft...
  10. Can I go back to Windows 10?

Can I go back to Windows 10?: I've had Windows 10 since July. Lately I've had a few problems with it so I went back to Windows 8 using the CD that I had purchased. As I think about it, maybe I jumped to conclusions--maybe the problems were of my own doing. I'm not saying that it was but it was possible....