Windows 10: Did they roll back the address bar in explorer with 2004?

Discus and support Did they roll back the address bar in explorer with 2004? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; i dont remember when i installed win10, but I can say i liked the explorer window back then a lot more than now since it was following the theme back... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/waiting4singularity, Jul 5, 2020.

1. Did they roll back the address bar in explorer with 2004?

i dont remember when i installed win10, but I can say i liked the explorer window back then a lot more than now since it was following the theme back then. Right now, just after updating to 2004, its back to standard windows gray with white fields, hardcoded as it seems. Together with my dark theme, i know have bright gray text on white background.

Yay. -_-

submitted by /u/waiting4singularity
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/waiting4singularity, Jul 5, 2020

2. delete address bar history

Hi,

Due to the limited information shared on your post regarding the drop-down list in Internet Explorer address bar, we would like to ask for additional information to help us identify the steps to solve your concern. Please answer the following:

• What is the current build and version of the Windows 10 device that you are using?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Are you referring to the automatic search when typing in the address bar?

We will wait for your response.

Jennifer Cha, Jul 5, 2020
  3. noob Win User
    "wrong path" after running command via address bar in explorer

after I run a command via the address bar in an explorer window, the path shown in the address bar will point to the command and not to the current folder

is there any known fix how to prevent this?

steps to reproduce:

1. open explorer
    2. place cursor into address bar
    3. run command (e.g cmd)
    4. place cursor into adress bar -> path will point to C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe

noob, Jul 5, 2020
  4. brummyfan Win User

Did they roll back the address bar in explorer with 2004?

IE11 address bar suggestions

Hi,
    Go to Internet Options, click Autocomplete Settings in Content tab, tick "Suggesting URLs" box and click OK.

Did they roll back the address bar in explorer with 2004? [​IMG]

brummyfan, Jul 5, 2020
Thema:

Did they roll back the address bar in explorer with 2004?

1. Did they roll back the address bar in explorer with 2004? - Similar Threads - Did roll address

2. 23h2 Windows file explorer roll back

in Windows 10 Gaming
    23h2 Windows file explorer roll back: I initially had issues installing the 23h2 feature update and I decided to reinstall windows with the windows 11 ISO which I downloaded this week. Install went fine and the feature update installed perfectly. However today when booted up I was prompted restart for a Windows...
  3. 23h2 Windows file explorer roll back

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    23h2 Windows file explorer roll back: I initially had issues installing the 23h2 feature update and I decided to reinstall windows with the windows 11 ISO which I downloaded this week. Install went fine and the feature update installed perfectly. However today when booted up I was prompted restart for a Windows...
  4. roll back

in Windows 10 Gaming
    roll back: hi, im on windows 10 21h2 and i need to roll back to windows 10 20h2 so i can run some programs, i know i need to run the media creation tool but its called 21h2 so wont that just leave it as 21h2? can any one tell me what i need to do to rollback to it, please explain in...
  5. roll back

roll back: hi, im on windows 10 21h2 and i need to roll back to windows 10 20h2 so i can run some programs, i know i need to run the media creation tool but its called 21h2 so wont that just leave it as 21h2? can any one tell me what i need to do to rollback to it, please explain in...
  6. roll back

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. GREEN LINE IN THE ROLLING THROUGH THE ADDRESS BAR OF FILE EXPLORER

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GREEN LINE IN THE ROLLING THROUGH THE ADDRESS BAR OF FILE EXPLORER: WHY AM I FORCED TO WATCH THIS GODDAMNED THING EVERY TIME I CHANGE FOLDERS? OLDER VERSIONS OF WINDOWS DIDN'T HAVE THIS ANNOYING AS HELL FEATURE. IT'S NOT LIKE I'VE NEVER BEEN TO THIS FOLDER. IT'S CONTENTS ARE KNOWN.SO WHY THIS GODDAMNED ANNOYING GREEN LINE?...
  8. GREEN LINE IN THE ROLLING THROUGH THE ADDRESS BAR OF FILE EXPLORER

GREEN LINE IN THE ROLLING THROUGH THE ADDRESS BAR OF FILE EXPLORER: WHY AM I FORCED TO WATCH THIS GODDAMNED THING EVERY TIME I CHANGE FOLDERS? OLDER VERSIONS OF WINDOWS DIDN'T HAVE THIS ANNOYING AS HELL FEATURE. IT'S NOT LIKE I'VE NEVER BEEN TO THIS FOLDER. IT'S CONTENTS ARE KNOWN.SO WHY THIS GODDAMNED ANNOYING GREEN LINE?...
  9. FIle Explorer address bar breadcrumbs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FIle Explorer address bar breadcrumbs: Is there any way to get the breadcrumb list to show more than 19 items - a setting somewhere, or in the registry?I'm tired of scrolling all the time. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-address-bar-breadcrumbs/36f0d176-4052-45c0-bb36-912a0e1982a0
  10. File Explorer keeps rolling back to top

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer keeps rolling back to top: When there are a lot of files, File Explorer Windows 10 won't let me scroll all the way down to the bottom to look at them all, it keeps returning to the top. This just started recently. What do I need to do to fix it? Thanks....