Windows 10: Did Win 10 solve the 8.1 issues with A PC not staying in sleep?

Discus and support Did Win 10 solve the 8.1 issues with A PC not staying in sleep? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; With windows 10 approaching release, wondering if it solved the issue with 8.1 where the PC would wake from a sleep state on its own? After hours of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Bigbwb, Jul 19, 2015.

1. Bigbwb Win User

Did Win 10 solve the 8.1 issues with A PC not staying in sleep?

With windows 10 approaching release, wondering if it solved the issue with 8.1 where the PC would wake from a sleep state on its own? After hours of trouble shooting I gave up.

any thoughts?

thanks.

:)

Bigbwb, Jul 19, 2015
  2. Jamesgwil Win User

uninstall Cortana in windows 10

Thanks. Since posting, I reloaded win 10 to see if that helped and got a aniversity issue and have driver issues. Cant solve but don't want to pay the support fees. Looks like Ill stay with win 8.1 which isn't to bad. Thanks again, james

Jamesgwil, Jul 19, 2015
  3. YVdP Win User
    upgrade to windows 10

Hello,

I upgraded my pc running win 8.1 to windows 10.

Because an important application did not work under windows 10 I decided to downgrade to win 8.1.

In the mean time the problem with this application was fixed so I could upgrade to win 10.

However the upgrade to win 10 does not work any more.

The pc dowloads the win 10 upgrade, does his preparation/installation and reboots .... in win 8.1.

I already tried several times to upgrade now to win 10 but he stays in win 8.1.

What can I do? how can I force him to 'accept' the windows 10 installation

regards,

yves

4. linw Win User

I gave up in Oct when I started with win 10. How come you are so late?*Smile

My comp was one of the 8.1 non sleepers and I spent far too long trying to fix it but as soon as win 10 went on, problem disappeared.

So, that is another thing you have to look forward to with win 10.

5. Bigbwb Win User
    Hey now! *Wink

better late than never. Good to hear! Can't wait for the free upgrade. Thank you for the reply.

Bigbwb, Jul 19, 2015
  6. linw Win User
    You're welcome. Look forward to hearing from you "on the other side"!!

Come back and let us know how the sleep thing goes.

7. Mystere Win User
    Did you uncheck the "allow this device to wake to pc" option in the LAN settings?

Mystere, Jul 19, 2015
  8. Did Win 10 solve the 8.1 issues with A PC not staying in sleep?

Windows 10 still I'm coming from Windows 7 to Windows 10, and Windows 10 still wakes my PC from sleep mode. I used to have that issue in Windows 7, but I believe I fixed it a while ago.

I looked up some resources on how to fix the issue in Windows 10, but I'm out of country and don't have access to my bookmarks.

Also, what Mystere said may well work. I haven't had an opportunity to try it, yet.

Delicieuxz, Jul 19, 2015
  9. gdscrtr Win User
    Windows 8.1 was a problem non sleeping and was fixed a long time ago but still would wake up by itself on the rare occasion. I had dual boot Win 10 - 8.1 and Windows 10 would not sleep but does now that I've upgraded Win 8.1 to Win 10. There were a few problems Internet Explorer JavaScript Timer Frequency has to be Maximum Power Savings and it won't allow Hibernate if allow hybrid sleep is on.

gdscrtr, Jul 19, 2015
  10. Yesterday I discovered my new PC to be waking from a *shutdown* state whenever I restarted my old PC. On my new PC I ran Device Manager, right-clicked on the adapter used in the LAN and disabled the appropriate option under the Power Management tab. In my case it was a matter of disabling"Wake on Magic Packet from power off state." I noticed there's a couple of options related to standby/hibernation in there, and you guys might find something similar.

Axle Grease, Jul 19, 2015
  11. Bigbwb Win User
    I cannot disable this feature being I use a iphone app to "wake" my pc at times.

Bigbwb, Jul 19, 2015
  12. Bigbwb Win User
    My 8.1 Pc was sleeping just fine for a few weeks and lately starting "waking" up on its own....frustrating! Anyway, I will upgrade to Win 10 next week and try some of the settings you mentioned if I have issues.

Bigbwb, Jul 19, 2015
  13. Looey Win User

I have an 8.1.1 setup that never woke up from sleep until I installed a Logitech wireless mouse. The bios in the motherboard has an option to power the PC on by touching any key on the KB or clicking the mouse. I also had to turn off "turn on fast startup" in the power options to get it to work. I couldn't tell any difference in startup times after changing the option. I don't know if the new Logitech mouse is defective but it definitely was causing the PC to wake up.

Looey, Jul 19, 2015
  14. Bigbwb Win User
    I know with mine, I already turned off the feature for both my mouse and KB to "wake the pc" upon moving or pressing a button under device manager.

Bigbwb, Jul 19, 2015
  15. My issue with sleep was completely self inflicted! I did all of the right things to make it sleep (there about 7 or 8 things that you need to change) but I insisted on running some old gadgets that I really like. One of them was a weather one- that updated itself every 5 minutes and NEVER EVER showed up anywhere on the usual lists of running programs. Written in the Ukraine. All the time I spent troubleshooting and posting, aghhhh.

John Pombrio, Jul 20, 2015
Thema:

1. Did Win 10 solve the 8.1 issues with A PC not staying in sleep? - Similar Threads - Did solve issues

2. SMB 1 Vulnerability issue solved?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SMB 1 Vulnerability issue solved?: I recently purchased a the ZALMAN WIFI enclosure and added a drive to it and filled it with files.I works well but it required SMB 1 to be enabled for it to connect to my system.I understand that SMB 1 has security risks.I found a video that demonstrates that the...
  3. SMB 1 Vulnerability issue solved?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SMB 1 Vulnerability issue solved?: I recently purchased a the ZALMAN WIFI enclosure and added a drive to it and filled it with files.I works well but it required SMB 1 to be enabled for it to connect to my system.I understand that SMB 1 has security risks.I found a video that demonstrates that the...
  4. SMB 1 Vulnerability issue solved?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. PC does NOT STAY in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC does NOT STAY in sleep mode: Hi, I have set my power option for my monitor to turn off after 2 minutes and the computer to sleep after 5 minutes. For a unknown reason my screen turns off after 2 minutes and turns back on almost immediately after. Can somebody help me? Note I run Win10 Pro 20H2....
  6. PC won't stay in sleep?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC won't stay in sleep?: I've had an issue for a long time now, whenever I set my pc to sleep it goes down, but immediately wakes back up. I'm on inside builds, is this a known issue? submitted by /u/ishamm [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fr7h0y/pc_wont_stay_in_sleep/
  7. Suddenly pc will not stay in sleep mode.

Suddenly pc will not stay in sleep mode.: The screen goes black and the sleep indicator light begins flashing, but after a few seconds it returns to the log on screen. Why and how to make it stay asleep?...
  8. WIN 10 will not stay in sleep mode

WIN 10 will not stay in sleep mode: OS: WIN 10 Home. Version: 1903 The last week or two when I click sleep, pc will go to sleep then wake up right away or about a minute later. Will not stay in sleep mode....
  9. Won't sleep issue - Solved!

in Windows 10 Support
    Won't sleep issue - Solved!: For those of us that use a RealTek sound chipset on a motherboard, there is an issue when using the Line In port. If you enable this feature, this will prevent your PC from going to sleep. Here is a screenshot of the port enabled, showing the stream is prevent sleep:...
  10. Programs issues after upgrading win 8 to win 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Programs issues after upgrading win 8 to win 10: I have had this Asus laptop for over a year (i3 4gb ram intel hd 4000 video card). With windows 8 64bit, I was able to run minecraft filling 1/2 the screen and firefox filling the other half with no issues. I would generally stream hulu or youtube while playing minecraft....