Windows 10: Did Win10 update brick my system ??

Discus and support Did Win10 update brick my system ?? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I updated my Windows10 while shutting down and now my PC seems like it's bricked. It refuses to move past this screen. non-responsive to all keyboard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/LinuxFag, Nov 16, 2019.

1. Did Win10 update brick my system ??

I updated my Windows10 while shutting down and now my PC seems like it's bricked. It refuses to move past this screen.

non-responsive to all keyboard inputs

Motherboard : Asus H97-Pro CPU : Intel 4790K

I was in the middle of an important project as i shut down the system (with Windows10 updates) and then switched it on again to boot up linux. I think it went to the ASUS BIOS menu once where i just absent-mindedly pressed F10 (save-and-exit) and then i got stuck at the current screen. I hard-rebooted (using the reset button) multiple times but it won't go past this screen.

I even disconnected the PSU and tried reconnecting it to see if it'd work. Nope.

What could've gone wrong ?

submitted by /u/LinuxFag
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/LinuxFag, Nov 16, 2019
  2. user33331 Win User

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Nov 16, 2019
  3. Ikaruga Win User
    GeForce Hotfix driver 353.38 (Update: Win10 versions added)

https://forums.geforce.com/default/...vers/announcing-geforce-hotfix-driver-353-38/

Update: Windows 10 (international) versions below:
    Win10 - 64 bit desktop
    Win10 - 32 bit desktop
    Win10 - 64 bit notebook
    Win10 - 32 bit notebook

Ikaruga, Nov 16, 2019
  4. Toothless Win User

Did Win10 update brick my system ??

Win10 updates

Which Windows updates in 8.1 where the gateway to installing Win10? I've ALWAYS had update as a "check but let me decide" basis however I woke up to this.

Did Win10 update brick my system ?? [​IMG]

With a bunch more (even AMD 7900 drivers, like wtf)

I'm trying to avoid the Win10 shitfest but good lord what has Microsoft done.

Toothless, Nov 16, 2019
Thema:

Did Win10 update brick my system ??

1. Did Win10 update brick my system ?? - Similar Threads - Did Win10 update

2. Every win10 update bricks my pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Every win10 update bricks my pc: Why is it that every time you update win10 it completely fails and I have to reformat. I purposely avoid your additions because they are so detrimental. Literal hours of my life wasted to a product that's supposed to make things easier. Unacceptable....
  3. Every win10 update bricks my pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Every win10 update bricks my pc: Why is it that every time you update win10 it completely fails and I have to reformat. I purposely avoid your additions because they are so detrimental. Literal hours of my life wasted to a product that's supposed to make things easier. Unacceptable....
  4. Update of a Brick

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update of a Brick: Old timer here- HELP? The brick is a fanlees ACEPC with limited EMMC (slow) memory -Not enough room to update from Windows Version 1909 . I have an SSD installed . 1) Can I move ,copy, or install latest home version on the SSD & trigger machine to start from there? 2) Will...
  5. Why did Windows 10's latest update brick my PC?

Why did Windows 10's latest update brick my PC?: I made the utter mistake of giving into the windows update and allowing my PC to update about 3 days ago, ever since I've found an increasing number of things broken and non-functional. - Microsoft's new version of on-screen magnifier... whih I RELY upon to use my PC...
  6. How did I brick my pc?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How did I brick my pc?: I recently downloaded windowsblinds and uninstalled classic shell. Both before restarting my computer when i restarted, my screen was black and my desktop wouldnt load. When i managed to do a rollback and redid it, it basically bricked my pc. It gives me an endless...
  7. Did a Windows update just brick my laptop?

Did a Windows update just brick my laptop?: My Toshiba Satellite laptop completely died before my very eyes this morning. My browser began running slower and slower until the screen just froze. I tried to reboot, but with the frozen display the start menu refused to come up when I clicked the little window icon in the...
  8. What to do if an update "bricks" your system

What to do if an update "bricks" your system: The problem of updates rendering Windows 10 computers non-functional is becoming widespread. It is important that everyone have a Windows 10 installation disk in case this happens. 1. Boot from DVD, select Repair, and then Command Prompt. 2. Copy the entire Windows drive...
  9. recent Win10 update - computer is now a brick

recent Win10 update - computer is now a brick: Dell Inspiron15 laptop received a recent Windows 10 update. On required restart, we were returned to a blank screen - no icons/cursor...just blank. Waited an hour in case it was working in the background...nothing. Tried rebooting again, and still a blank screen. I...
  10. Did somebody turn my Lenovo ThinkCentre into a brick?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Did somebody turn my Lenovo ThinkCentre into a brick?: I cannot get into the BIOS anymore. Repeated DEL doesn't work, not does pounding on the F2 key. I cannot get into the BIOS anymore. I didn't even want Windows 10 on it when I bought it. I wanted to put Linux Ubuntu Studio on it, so I didn't have to wait forever for updates...