Windows 10: Did Windows 10 just Break My PC?

Discus and support Did Windows 10 just Break My PC? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; *MadEver since install..all 3 pc's have been acting weird....won't sleep or shut down properly, random crashes, go away 30 min. and when I come back,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Chad68, Aug 20, 2015.

1. Chad68 Win User

Did Windows 10 just Break My PC?

*MadEver since install..all 3 pc's have been acting weird....won't sleep or shut down properly, random crashes, go away 30 min. and when I come back, all my icons are huge...???? and just now
    my Desk Top just powered off and it's completely DEAD!!!. No lights on the MB, nothing. It's like it's a goner*Mad....Since this pc prior to W10, ran flawlessly, I'm blaming W10.

:)

Chad68, Aug 20, 2015
  2. beaner155 Win User

microsoft solitaire collection

Just upgraded my windows 10 computer to Anniversary Edition. Microsoft Solitaire Collection no longer recognizes Premium subscription. What did they break now?

beaner155, Aug 20, 2015
  3. Why did Portico Break My Bluetooth?

Pre-Portico my Bluetooth (Lumia 920) worked perfectly with my 2011 Acura TSX

Afterwards, incoming text does not go through BT, outgoing calls from phone do not either.

Incoming calls and BT Audio still work fine.

I've deleted my phone and reestablished paring, hard boot phone and still no go. read aloud in Voice settings is Bluetooth and headsets.

Great job Microsoft. Mix this with the XBox Music disaster and I'm left wondering why I still am loyal to you!

Did Windows 10 just Break My PC? [​IMG]
    I'm sure an iPhone works fine in my car.

PStevens007, Aug 20, 2015
  4. Chad68 Win User

Unfortunately i don't have a spare power supply, so it's off to BB tomorrow. Could be unrelated..i just find it highly coincidental.

Chad68, Aug 20, 2015
  5. CountMike New Member
    During OS installation and setup, computer activity is much higher than usual, any weakness is bound to show up during that time. There are programs to check HW during run-in period to expose any weakness. I know of no SW that has any direct influence on PSU, not even on "smart" ones. Many brand name computer manufacturers install PSU that's just enough to run that computer, If you are going to put another PSU, go to a notch higher power and good brand. A bad PSU can burn more things than itself.

CountMike, Aug 20, 2015
  6. It is definitely the Windows 10 update that did this to you. I have three machines running Windows 7 that slept/restarted perfectly. After upgrading to Windows 10 two of the three go to sleep fine. When brought back from sleep they power up and start, but within 5 seconds the machine physically powers down. Consistently.

Sam Marrocco, Aug 20, 2015
  7. XweAponX Win User
    This is true, I use AMD mostly and those require at least 400 watts to fire up. I use a couple of Works 600 watt power supplies, cos I have a lot of peripherals.

I have a couple of Branded systems that had power supplies that were just enough to fire up the machines. When attaching my USB printer, they would fail to boot - Even with Windows XP loaded! I finally replaced the power supplies with a slightly higher power rating, Intel PCUs can use 250 to 300 watts, but it's only enough o get the CPU going. If you have USB attached, they won't go- Until you unplug the USB device and plug it in after the system boots to Desktop.

If you have any USB attached, try unplugging and then try again

XweAponX, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Did Windows 10 just Break My PC? - Similar Threads - Did Break

2. Did the last update break my sound system?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Did the last update break my sound system?: No sound since Windows 11 Insider Preview 10.0.26052.1100 ge_release update yesterday. The sound symbol is X off and the volume slider is set to zero. If moved, it goes back to zero. The audio troubleshooter runs and runs with no results. My monitor is a Samsung TV and uses...
  3. Did the last update break my sound system?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Did the last update break my sound system?: No sound since Windows 11 Insider Preview 10.0.26052.1100 ge_release update yesterday. The sound symbol is X off and the volume slider is set to zero. If moved, it goes back to zero. The audio troubleshooter runs and runs with no results. My monitor is a Samsung TV and uses...
  4. Why did my IPV4 change break everything?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why did my IPV4 change break everything?: I recently manually changed my IPV4 address on my laptop but noticed afterwards that all my games and apps stopped working and the redirects all thought I was disconnected from the Internet even though I very much am not. I changed it back to the original one but everything...
  5. Why did my IPV4 change break everything?

Why did my IPV4 change break everything?: I recently manually changed my IPV4 address on my laptop but noticed afterwards that all my games and apps stopped working and the redirects all thought I was disconnected from the Internet even though I very much am not. I changed it back to the original one but everything...
  6. Why did my IPV4 change break everything?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Why did moving Easy Anticheat to a different Drive break Fortnite on the secondary account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why did moving Easy Anticheat to a different Drive break Fortnite on the secondary account?: I have a windows computer with two separate hard drives. I am the admin account, and there is another account as well. Recently I moved a bunch of stuff from my main drive the one with windows on it to the secondary drive. This includes the files for, Easy Anticheat, Epic...
  8. Why did moving Easy Anticheat to a different Drive break Fortnite on the secondary account?

Why did moving Easy Anticheat to a different Drive break Fortnite on the secondary account?: I have a windows computer with two separate hard drives. I am the admin account, and there is another account as well. Recently I moved a bunch of stuff from my main drive the one with windows on it to the secondary drive. This includes the files for, Easy Anticheat, Epic...
  9. How did winfilefolder.DiagCab break windows?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How did winfilefolder.DiagCab break windows?: I had an undeletable folder and found winfilefolder.DiagCab here. When I ran it, it made some changes but I have no idea what. It fixed the undeletable folder, but now most programs must be run as administrator or else I get errors, usually a 0xc0000022 error. Teams for Work...
  10. How did winfilefolder.DiagCab break windows?

How did winfilefolder.DiagCab break windows?: I had an undeletable folder and found winfilefolder.DiagCab here. When I ran it, it made some changes but I have no idea what. It fixed the undeletable folder, but now most programs must be run as administrator or else I get errors, usually a 0xc0000022 error. Teams for Work...