Windows 10: Did Windows 10 v2004 finally fix the exclusive fullscreen/FSO bug from v1903 in games like...

Discus and support Did Windows 10 v2004 finally fix the exclusive fullscreen/FSO bug from v1903 in games like... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; It's a well known fact among the PC gaming community that v1903 broke exclusive fullscreen ("Disable fullscreen optimizations"). It works for some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/VengefulAncient, Jun 5, 2020.

1. Did Windows 10 v2004 finally fix the exclusive fullscreen/FSO bug from v1903 in games like...

It's a well known fact among the PC gaming community that v1903 broke exclusive fullscreen ("Disable fullscreen optimizations"). It works for some games (Overwatch), but not others (Apex Legends). You know that it's broken when you can Alt-Tab really fast and you can see the volume control or keyboard layout switch popup appearing when you adjust your volume or switch layout (via keyboard shortcuts/media keys) while the game is in "fullscreen". Fake fullscreen introduces major input lag, no matter how much Microsoft claims that it's "better" - it isn't, the difference is night and day.

I would like to hear from someone who installed the v2004 update. Has it finally fixed this?

submitted by /u/VengefulAncient
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/VengefulAncient, Jun 5, 2020
  2. qubit Win User

Windows 10 KB3213986 Update Cripples Multi-monitor Gaming

This should be enough to get the conspiracy theorists suggesting that Microsoft is intentionally crippling multi-monitor support in fullscreen mode since games sold on the Microsoft Store all work in the pseudo-fullscreen mode...

Or it could just be an idiotic bug that will be fixed in time.

qubit, Jun 6, 2020
  3. ryancg0 Win User
    Manually rendering IME candidate list bugged(for fullscreen game).

Given I'm making a game based on Winforms and SharpDX. The game will run with exclusive fullscreen mode. Then I have to render the candidate list of IME manually in game, just like what WoW Classic do.

But unfornately, It just bugged, there's no candidate list(or no candidate changed event) in most typing(I'm using the default Chinese IME os provided, Microsoft Pinyin).

Then I made a project to reproduce the bug:

.Net Framework version: ryancheung/WindowsForms.IMEHelper

.Net Core 3.0 version: ryancheung/WindowsForms.IMEHelper.Core

Actual behavior:

It does not emit IMM.ImnChangeCandidate event on every correct text composition of Chinese Pinyin.

Expected behavior:

It should emit IMM.ImnChangeCandidate event on every correct text composition of Chinese Pinyin.

ryancg0, Jun 6, 2020
  4. Did Windows 10 v2004 finally fix the exclusive fullscreen/FSO bug from v1903 in games like...

Windows 10 KB3213986 Update Cripples Multi-monitor Gaming

It's no conspiracy theory. They hate PC gaming.

TheGuruStud, Jun 6, 2020
Thema:

Did Windows 10 v2004 finally fix the exclusive fullscreen/FSO bug from v1903 in games like...

1. Did Windows 10 v2004 finally fix the exclusive fullscreen/FSO bug from v1903 in games like... - Similar Threads - Did v2004 finally

2. Exclusive Fullscreen forcing HDR (all games)

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Exclusive Fullscreen forcing HDR (all games): Hope someone can help out there. For about the last 6-9 months since some spurious Windows or Nvidia driver update, I have noticed that if I enable HDR within Windows 10, ANY game set to exclusive Full screen mode will force HDR on, regardless if the game supports HDR or not....
  3. What do I do to fix fullscreen exclusive not working on a lot of games?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What do I do to fix fullscreen exclusive not working on a lot of games?: I have tried everything down to the compatibility options and the registry editor. So heres what happened: I updated to windows 10 a few weeks ago and had my games on it everything was working fine. Then I turned on the xbox gamebar irreversible mistake. Once I opened...
  4. Windows 10 forcing HDR on Exclusive Fullscreen

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Windows 10 forcing HDR on Exclusive Fullscreen: Just noticed recently that if I have HDR enable, Windows 10 will try and force HDR on every game if its set to Exclusive Full screen regardless if the game supports HDR or not. This normally results in a terrible image for games that dont support HDR. The only fix seems to be...
  5. [BUG] Exclusive Fullscreen Applications Cause Interactivity Problem

in Windows 10 Support
    [BUG] Exclusive Fullscreen Applications Cause Interactivity Problem: After upgrading to 20H2, I've run into what appears to be an old and undiagnosed problem; when searching I find several old threads with solutions that no longer work. Upon exiting an exclusive fullscreen app, in my case my games, any existing or subsequent window will not...
  6. Windows 10 update will finally fix the frustrating bug with PCs

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 update will finally fix the frustrating bug with PCs: Windows 10 is braced for an update that will come with fixes for a frustrating flaw that users have been reporting for about a year now. For some devices, Windows 10 has been going seriously wrong when applying updates from Windows Update. In some cases, users are presented...
  7. Unable to Update from Windows 10 v1903 to v2004

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to Update from Windows 10 v1903 to v2004: Failed to install v2004 3 times. Tried running DISM and SFC and tried disabling Firewall. Always get error 0x80242016 after downloading, installing, and rebooting....
  8. Windows 10 v1903 / v2004 build major bug x need help ..

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 v1903 / v2004 build major bug x need help ..: my 2 friends got the same issue where they JUST restarted their laptop like they normally do, but then it happened that the Laptop reformatted for no reason. All of the files are gone. Any ways to restore all files? the build of the windows is 1903 which the bug occured and...
  9. Exclusive Fullscreen in Fortnitr

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Exclusive Fullscreen in Fortnitr: I have been on the internet for hours to try and get fortnite to run in exclusive fullscreen, but it wont. I've tried ticking disable fullscreen optimizations, modifying registries, changing game config files, command line arguments, etc. Other people have been experiencing...
  10. Security baseline (FINAL) for Windows 10 v1903 & Windows Server v1903

in Windows 10 News
    Security baseline (FINAL) for Windows 10 v1903 & Windows Server v1903: Microsoft is pleased to announce the final release of the security configuration baseline settings for Windows 10 version 1903 (a.k.a., “19H1”), and for Windows Server version 1903. Download the content from the Microsoft Security Compliance Toolkit (click Download and...