Windows 10: Did windows defend actually remove a coin miner or?

Discus and support Did windows defend actually remove a coin miner or? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Well luckily i just woke up and checked windows defender and say that there was no actions required at all!!!! when i checked the ''This app is... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by nanFK, Mar 19, 2021.

1. nanFK Win User

Did windows defend actually remove a coin miner or?

Well luckily i just woke up and checked windows defender and say that there was no actions required at all!!!!
    when i checked the ''This app is blocked'' and threat ''serious'' is all gone i don't see it no more

since im not good with this can someone please tell me if im just getting excited over nothing or if it is actually removed

Did windows defend actually remove a coin miner or? a599d9ae-1761-4134-855e-0513796e5963?upload=true.png

:)

nanFK, Mar 19, 2021

2. Microsoft (Telemetry) Foils Massive Coin-mining Exploit Attempt

How does Telemetry fit into this?

The description says it was blocked by Defender ("triggered behavior-based alerts").
    It doesn't say:
    • Telemetry reported unusual PC activity to MS
    • MS analysed the Telemetry
    • MS sent out a Defender update to stop the "coin miner"

That said, if Telemetry actually did something useful it deserves credit. Did windows defend actually remove a coin miner or? :)

Telemetry certainly isn't fixing Windows Update issues though.

lehnerus2000, Mar 19, 2021
  3. Security Intelligence Update for Windows Defender Antivirus KB2267602 and Trojan JS Coin Miner

This update has not installed and I have been trying for 2 weeks. I also have issues with Trojan JS Coin Miner which seems only to attack when I try to open certain apps. Does anyone know if these are related? Windows Defender and Windows Security haven't
    got rid of it. Should I uninstall and install these 2 apps?

VivianSmith1, Mar 19, 2021
  4. Kol12 Win User

How does a browser injected coin miner work?

Thanks @simrick

I notice that we have a coin mining thread here on Ten Forums in the Antivirus section as well: Protecting yourself from In-Browser Miners Solved - Windows 10 Forums

Apparently if I had Malwarebyte's premium it would have detected the coin miner. It's the first time I've been aware of falling victim to one so will have to bolster security further!

Kol12, Mar 19, 2021
Thema:

1. Did windows defend actually remove a coin miner or? - Similar Threads - Did defend actually

2. How to remove bitcoin miner

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove bitcoin miner: Split from this thread. Hey, it seems i might have the same issueMy FRST logs: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1SBFt1BUGs8xITKtcErZGvKuP3UhoBJ3k?usp=sharing...
  3. How to remove bitcoin miner

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove bitcoin miner: Split from this thread. Hey, it seems i might have the same issueMy FRST logs: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1SBFt1BUGs8xITKtcErZGvKuP3UhoBJ3k?usp=sharing...
  4. How to remove bitcoin miner

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove bitcoin miner: I accidentally ran the file from this link <malware link removed> It seems to run about 3 or more "Visual Basic Command Line Compiler" which takes up all my cpu and ram. I used process explorer and found that it the command line section said...
  5. How to remove bitcoin miner

How to remove bitcoin miner: I accidentally ran the file from this link <malware link removed> It seems to run about 3 or more "Visual Basic Command Line Compiler" which takes up all my cpu and ram. I used process explorer and found that it the command line section said...
  6. I think I found an inactivated Trojan Coin Miner Malware. Help

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I think I found an inactivated Trojan Coin Miner Malware. Help: Hello, like the title states, I think I have found a Trojan Coin Miner. I was scrolling through my system files and opened Program Files x86 and found 2 files of apps I NEVER downloaded/installed. They are called Alucsoft and ATTRACTIONjhoApplication. What are these files and...
  7. I think I found an inactivated Trojan Coin Miner Malware. Help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I think I found an inactivated Trojan Coin Miner Malware. Help: Hello, like the title states, I think I have found a Trojan Coin Miner. I was scrolling through my system files and opened Program Files x86 and found 2 files of apps I NEVER downloaded/installed. They are called Alucsoft and ATTRACTIONjhoApplication. What are these files and...
  8. I think I found an inactivated Trojan Coin Miner Malware. Help

9. Security Intelligence Update for Windows Defender Antivirus KB2267602 and Trojan JS Coin Miner

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Security Intelligence Update for Windows Defender Antivirus KB2267602 and Trojan JS Coin Miner: This update has not installed and I have been trying for 2 weeks. I also have issues with Trojan JS Coin Miner which seems only to attack when I try to open certain apps. Does anyone know if these are related? Windows Defender and Windows Security haven't got rid of it....
  10. How does a browser injected coin miner work?

in Browsers and Email
    How does a browser injected coin miner work?: I seem to have fell prey to a website that had either intentionally or unintentionally been injected with a coin miner. I first noticed high CPU temps and thought my CPU cooler had failed. Then I found Chrome's high CPU utilization in Task Manager and then the culprit website...