Windows 10: Did Windows Store literally delete my Forza Horizon 4 files to redownload them?

Discus and support Did Windows Store literally delete my Forza Horizon 4 files to redownload them? in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I upgraded to a new SSD in my computer and had to reinstall windows. I had Forza Horizon 4 installed on a seperate drive, figuring the Windows store... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by GeraldRogers2, Dec 5, 2019.

1. Did Windows Store literally delete my Forza Horizon 4 files to redownload them?

I upgraded to a new SSD in my computer and had to reinstall windows.

I had Forza Horizon 4 installed on a seperate drive, figuring the Windows store would rediscover the files. After all, I was forbidden from moving them because "my organization" would not permit it - this is my personal computer I built myself, so I'm not entirely sure what organization is preventing me from moving my own files.

Regardless, the windows store deleted my existing install(which I played literally last night) and opted instead to download the entire, 75 GB package again.

Is this for real? Did it actually delete my files or did it simply move them elsewhere? As it stands, I can no longer play the product I purchased, as I have a data cap and cannot afford to download this again.

I'm appalled the windows store couldn't recognize the pre-existing files: every other games client is capable of this.

:)

GeraldRogers2, Dec 5, 2019

2. Problem with Forza Horizon 4

Hi Hope

My name is Andre Da Costa; an Independent Consultant, Windows Insider MVP and Windows & Devices for IT MVP. I'm here to help you with your problem.

Have you tried lowering your screen resolution to see if the game launches?

How much free space do you have on the drive?

Could you confirm if this also happens in the default Administrator account?

Open Start

Type: cmd

Right click CMD

Click Run as administrator

At the command prompt, type:

net user administrator/active:yes

Hit Enter

Close command prompt, restart, then try signing into the Administrator account.

Do you have the latest cumulative updates for Windows 10 1803 installed?

Open Start > Settings > Apps > Apps & features

Scroll down to Forza Horizon 4

Select it

Click Advanced options

Click Reset

Restart

Check the Store for updates

If that does not work...

download the following utility and use it to remove Forza Horizon 4, extract it, launch it, scroll through the list, select Forza 4 then click Remove.

https://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/scriptcen...

Reinstall it Forza Horizon 4 - Microsoft Store

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/forza-horizon...

Andre for Directly, Dec 5, 2019
  3. saving forza horizon 4

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand how difficult it can be when the feature does not work the way it is supposed to.

I would suggest you to post Forza Horizon 4 query on Forza Horizon 4 forum. Please post this question in the

Forza Horizon
    forum, where we have the engineers with the expertise to provide solutions for this issue.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Dec 5, 2019
  4. Naveen_M Win User

Did Windows Store literally delete my Forza Horizon 4 files to redownload them?

Forza Horizon 4 will not unistall

Hi Titus,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I'd suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Click on Start menu, and look for Forza Horizon 4. Right click on it and select
    Uninstall.

You can also uninstall the game through settings by following the below steps.

1. Press Windows key + I together to open Settings.

2. Click on Apps > Apps & features.

3. Click on Forza Horizon 4.

4. Select Uninstall.

Let us know how it goes. I will keep working with you until it's fixed.

Naveen M

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Naveen_M, Dec 5, 2019
Thema:

Did Windows Store literally delete my Forza Horizon 4 files to redownload them?

1. Did Windows Store literally delete my Forza Horizon 4 files to redownload them? - Similar Threads - Did Store literally

2. Storage delete Forza Horizon 4

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storage delete Forza Horizon 4: Hello, I really need help. I have delete Forza Horizon 4 because i need storage but when i have delete it, there are always the storage. Please help me : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/storage-delete-forza-horizon-4/313e19df-c255-45dd-a735-f3f1cdafc281
  3. Forza Horizon 4 files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Forza Horizon 4 files: Hello,I reinstalled Windows 10 on my PC because of some sound problems, anyway I fixed that and now I went to launch the game and I couldn´t, and on the Microsoft Store it doesn´t let me reinstall the game on my second hard drive where the game was installed and still is, but...
  4. Windows Store deleted my Forza Horizon 4 after a reinstall of windows.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Store deleted my Forza Horizon 4 after a reinstall of windows.: How can this happen its literately a windows app you know owned and operated by the corporation the made the OS, steam doesn't have this problem. I don't have adequate internet to reinstall it. This is very disappointing. Maybe get it fixed before all your new games that are...
  5. Windows Store not downloading Forza Horizon 4

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Store not downloading Forza Horizon 4: Bought Forza horizon 4 over Christmas while I was visiting family in the Netherlands and now coming home when I try and install it on my pc it gives error Code: 0x803F8001 while it tries to acquire the license. I've tried restarting my pc, and deleting some caches, and...
  6. Transfer Windows store game forza horizon 4 to another pc without redownloading

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Transfer Windows store game forza horizon 4 to another pc without redownloading: Hello,.I ve bought Forza horizon 4 on windows store yesterday..i am low on bandwidth so can i download the files on another computer with my microsoft account and transfer the same to my original pc where i want to play and install it and play ?...
  7. Forza horizon 4 -microsoft store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Forza horizon 4 -microsoft store: Hi all, I recently purchased forza horizon 4 via the windows 10 microsoft store app. After paying a note came up stating that some users had to close the store app and click the buy button once more for the game to appear in your account. I did this but the game is nowhere...
  8. Forza Horizon 4 crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Forza Horizon 4 crashing: It keeps crashing after i get done with the benchmark and when i do my stuff manually it crashes when the xbox controller pops up please help this game is very buggy atm i have had download problems and crashing problems...
  9. Forza horizon 4 Microsoft store bug?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forza horizon 4 Microsoft store bug?: Alright so i pre-ordered forza horizon 4 ultimate edition and the purchase went through just fine no problem and i was playing it just today but now i try to play and its telling me i got a refund (i didnt) i go to my payment settings it says declined but it was fine just...
  10. Forza Horizon 4 - PROBLEM !

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forza Horizon 4 - PROBLEM !: Hey ... I have a small problem, premiere forza, etc. I started a happy game ... I play, I play ... And suddenly ... Crash - the game has freeza for a second and gray screen and s*** ... Played Crashes to the desktopafter playing ... Can you help me? The same problem I had...