Windows 10: Didn't get the latest update and under optional updates there's a driver from the 70s? mmm...

Discus and support Didn't get the latest update and under optional updates there's a driver from the 70s? mmm... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I didn't get the 20H2 update yet and all I'm seeing is this under "Optional updates". Also I checked, and by the version number these are all older... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/if_it_is_in_a, Oct 23, 2020.

1. Didn't get the latest update and under optional updates there's a driver from the 70s? mmm...

I didn't get the 20H2 update yet and all I'm seeing is this under "Optional updates". Also I checked, and by the version number these are all older that the ones I currently have installed.

Does anyone knows what's going on? Should I install them anyway?

submitted by /u/if_it_is_in_a
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/if_it_is_in_a, Oct 23, 2020
  2. XVI
    xvi Win User

Driver update software

Windows Update should have a considerable amount of good drivers. They'll be listed under the "Optional Updates" section. That should give you rather good functionality right off the bat. If it's a branded PC, latest drivers will likely have to come from the manufacturer's website. For the most part, built-in drivers should be Good Enough™

I don't think I've run across an automagic driver installer that wasn't loaded with malware.

3. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Oct 23, 2020
  4. Didn't get the latest update and under optional updates there's a driver from the 70s? mmm...

Can't update to current ATi drivers

In my previous attemps to update drivers I went through the complete process you mentioned, but using driver sweeper...I don't really know if there is any difference between the two programs, but sweeper was recommended by the sticky post here on how to update drivres...so that is what I used when first trying to update.

Any how I just followed your pervious suggestion and down loaded and installed v8.10 over the old drivers. I also tried to updated directly from the device manager...but it kept telling me I have the most recent version, which in device mgr now says v8.54.....But after using CCC to search for the most current drivers which were the 8.10 that I installed, CCC is listing in the Info Ctr under graphic software, Driver package version 8.541 (which are digital signer by MS) and Catalyst Version 08.10.

So I'm guessing that even though the device mgr lists current drivers at 8.541, my drivers are infact updated to 8.10 in the CCC ?

Man this is making me dizzy.... *Twitch :twitch:

dieselcat18, Oct 23, 2020
Thema:

Didn't get the latest update and under optional updates there's a driver from the 70s? mmm...

1. Didn't get the latest update and under optional updates there's a driver from the 70s? mmm... - Similar Threads - Didn't latest update

2. "Get the latest updates"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Get the latest updates": Is the "Get the latest updates" worth the risk as far as system stability?Are these Updates in Beta stage? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/get-the-latest-updates/43e5eb21-fe33-4dc9-9e4c-d04d7a67d4c6
  3. "Get the latest updates"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Get the latest updates": Is the "Get the latest updates" worth the risk as far as system stability?Are these Updates in Beta stage? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/get-the-latest-updates/43e5eb21-fe33-4dc9-9e4c-d04d7a67d4c6
  4. "Get the latest updates"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. why "get latest updates" option missing from windows update?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why "get latest updates" option missing from windows update?: on the windows update I do not see the "get latest updates" option. How do I turn that option on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-get-latest-updates-option-missing-from-windows/af0237c0-7ab3-4fd4-80cf-d448904c39ba
  6. why "get latest updates" option missing from windows update?

why "get latest updates" option missing from windows update?: on the windows update I do not see the "get latest updates" option. How do I turn that option on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-get-latest-updates-option-missing-from-windows/af0237c0-7ab3-4fd4-80cf-d448904c39ba
  7. didn't get the update yet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    didn't get the update yet: today is 19 October and I still didn't get the notification to update my windows 10 to 11, why ?? and I had checked my laptop in Microsoft health all the requirements are matching....
  8. didn't get the update yet

didn't get the update yet: today is 19 October and I still didn't get the notification to update my windows 10 to 11, why ?? and I had checked my laptop in Microsoft health all the requirements are matching....
  9. More details about Driver updates under Optional updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    More details about Driver updates under Optional updates: In the Optional updates section of Windows Update, Windows 10 shows me a bunch of possible driver updates. However, there is no info pop-up or link to describe what those updates really are. All I see are a bunch of driver names and version numbers. The driver names are not...
  10. The Calendar didn't get updated :)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The Calendar didn't get updated :): [ATTACH] submitted by /u/SektorL [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/eigma6/the_calendar_didnt_get_updated/