Windows 10: Didn't get the latest update and under optional updates there's a driver from the 70s? mmm...

Discus and support Didn't get the latest update and under optional updates there's a driver from the 70s? mmm... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I didn't get the 20H2 update yet and all I'm seeing is this under "Optional updates". Also I checked, and by the version number these are all older... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/if_it_is_in_a, Oct 23, 2020.

1. Didn't get the latest update and under optional updates there's a driver from the 70s? mmm...

I didn't get the 20H2 update yet and all I'm seeing is this under "Optional updates". Also I checked, and by the version number these are all older that the ones I currently have installed.

Does anyone knows what's going on? Should I install them anyway?

submitted by /u/if_it_is_in_a
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/if_it_is_in_a, Oct 23, 2020
  2. XVI
    xvi Win User

Driver update software

Windows Update should have a considerable amount of good drivers. They'll be listed under the "Optional Updates" section. That should give you rather good functionality right off the bat. If it's a branded PC, latest drivers will likely have to come from the manufacturer's website. For the most part, built-in drivers should be Good Enough™

I don't think I've run across an automagic driver installer that wasn't loaded with malware.

3. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Oct 23, 2020
  4. Didn't get the latest update and under optional updates there's a driver from the 70s? mmm...

Can't update to current ATi drivers

In my previous attemps to update drivers I went through the complete process you mentioned, but using driver sweeper...I don't really know if there is any difference between the two programs, but sweeper was recommended by the sticky post here on how to update drivres...so that is what I used when first trying to update.

Any how I just followed your pervious suggestion and down loaded and installed v8.10 over the old drivers. I also tried to updated directly from the device manager...but it kept telling me I have the most recent version, which in device mgr now says v8.54.....But after using CCC to search for the most current drivers which were the 8.10 that I installed, CCC is listing in the Info Ctr under graphic software, Driver package version 8.541 (which are digital signer by MS) and Catalyst Version 08.10.

So I'm guessing that even though the device mgr lists current drivers at 8.541, my drivers are infact updated to 8.10 in the CCC ?

Man this is making me dizzy.... *Twitch :twitch:

dieselcat18, Oct 23, 2020
Thema:

Didn't get the latest update and under optional updates there's a driver from the 70s? mmm...

1. Didn't get the latest update and under optional updates there's a driver from the 70s? mmm... - Similar Threads - Didn't latest update

2. Which necessary drivers to install from optional updates?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Which necessary drivers to install from optional updates?: Usually when I clean install Windows 10, I manually install graphics drivers which I download from nvidia and intel, and I just let windows updates install the rest of the necessary drivers. Version 20H2 was different, however, as it put a lot of the drivers in the optional...
  3. Optional Windows/Driver Updates

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Optional Windows/Driver Updates: [ATTACH] Hey guys, just looked in my optional updates and I have all of these. I'm terrified of doing things with drivers when I'm not sure what I'm doing because it caused serious issues for me before. Should I install all of these? Or how do I figure out what I need and...
  4. Hoe to Remove Optional Updates Driver Updates and Other Updates from Windows Update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hoe to Remove Optional Updates Driver Updates and Other Updates from Windows Update: In Windows 10 - under Windows Updates there's a link to "View Optional Updates" - here there are optional driver updates and "other updates" that I never plan to install. How can I remove these from being an option to install? Several are being presented that are either...
  5. Windows 10 Update - Optional Driver Updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Update - Optional Driver Updates: Why are there optional driver updates listed under Optional Windows Updates for hardware that I do not have??? Drivers for nonexistent HP printers as well as for BOTH AMD and INTEL processors and/or busses...
  6. Windows Update Optional Driver Updates

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Update Optional Driver Updates: Lately Windows has been offering a couple of drivers for hardware I dont have on my Insider machine. They say I have a Xeon E3 when I dont (its a Skylake 6700k). Is there a way to get these cleared? Version 19635.1. [img] 157671
  7. System under-performing after driver updates

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System under-performing after driver updates: Hi, So I have had problems with my computer where system interrupts would frequently go up to 100% in the task manager. Googling this problem led me to believe that my drivers are outdated. I installed a free driver manager software which I think was a bad idea. It found...
  8. The Calendar didn't get updated :)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The Calendar didn't get updated :): [ATTACH] submitted by /u/SektorL [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/eigma6/the_calendar_didnt_get_updated/
  9. Not Able To Get Latest Update (TH2)

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Not Able To Get Latest Update (TH2): I recently did a reset on my Windows 10 laptop and it reset to version 10240. I am not being prompted to update to the latest version via Windows Update. How do I trigger the update to send TH2? 31054
  10. AMD Graphics Driver Didn't Update?

in Windows 10 Support
    AMD Graphics Driver Didn't Update?: So after I installed Windows 10, AMD told me it needed to update. Great, because my computer looked like I didn't have a working graphics card. Installed, rebooted, but nothing changed. So I changed the DPI, which I found on these forums. It was already at 100%. I changed...