Windows 10: Didn't get the Microsoft account security code.

Discus and support Didn't get the Microsoft account security code. in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; So I try to log in right and there is the security code and I press sent but I didn't get whyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by JJ_645, Dec 11, 2020.

1. JJ_645 Win User

Didn't get the Microsoft account security code.

So I try to log in right and there is the security code and I press sent but I didn't get whyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!

:)

JJ_645, Dec 11, 2020
  2. RobJLau Win User

Microsoft account security code - WHY?

Thanks for the reply Greg.

"If you turn on two-step verification, you’ll get a security code to your email, phone, or authenticator app every time you sign in on
    a device that isn't trusted. When two-step verification is turned off, you will only have to verify your identity with security codes periodically, when
    there might be a risk to your account security."

Overkill.

As Two-Step verification has never been turned on, I presume MS thinks every time I log into access pages on https://account.microsoft.com/ pages I'm a risk to my account. Even from computers listed in the 'Devices" tab of those pages. Even though I have
    to supply my MS password to get to those pages.

Are you suggesting I turn two-step verification on, which is what I don't need?

RobJLau, Dec 11, 2020
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Dec 11, 2020
  4. Didn't get the Microsoft account security code.

Creating or signing in to microsoft account

Hi Gloria,

The error code that your are getting when adding an account is usually caused by the following:

• Your phone has an incorrect date and time set.
    • You do not have a data connection.
    • Your phone is in a "bad state."
    We suggest that you follow the steps on this link to set up your Microsoft
    Account on your device.

Keep us posted for further assistance.

Regards.

Marcel Dio, Dec 11, 2020
Thema:

Didn't get the Microsoft account security code.

1. Didn't get the Microsoft account security code. - Similar Threads - Didn't Microsoft account

2. why Microsoft account security code did not work on computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why Microsoft account security code did not work on computer: I use security code but unfortunately twice it showed wrong code though code was correct. In third attempt I tried text code on cell phone but did not receive therefore, again I tried by security and it worked. Nothing changed here, computer is same, my log in method is same...
  3. why Microsoft account security code did not work on computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why Microsoft account security code did not work on computer: I use security code but unfortunately twice it showed wrong code though code was correct. In third attempt I tried text code on cell phone but did not receive therefore, again I tried by security and it worked. Nothing changed here, computer is same, my log in method is same...
  4. why Microsoft account security code did not work on computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Security flaw in accounts: Every day I get "Microsoft single use code email"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Security flaw in accounts: Every day I get "Microsoft single use code email": Lots of other people get these email too, e.g. This unresolved locked thread:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook_com/forum/all/receive-multiple-microsoft-single-use-code-email/bace64f1-3db5-4b57-880f-8494be3a4ad2Surely its not to hard for microsoft to say, hey this IP...
  6. Security flaw in accounts: Every day I get "Microsoft single use code email"

Security flaw in accounts: Every day I get "Microsoft single use code email": Lots of other people get these email too, e.g. This unresolved locked thread:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook_com/forum/all/receive-multiple-microsoft-single-use-code-email/bace64f1-3db5-4b57-880f-8494be3a4ad2Surely its not to hard for microsoft to say, hey this IP...
  7. Account Security Code

in Windows 10 Customization
    Account Security Code: I was going to change some privacy settings in my account, so I signed in to my account, but couldn't progress to the info I needed. When I clicked on the appropriate button it took me to a different Microsoft account page, and asked me to sign in again. When I did, I got...
  8. Microsoft account security code - WHY?

Microsoft account security code - WHY?: In removing Windows Insider version from my Surface Book (was in fast ring- had numerous instabilities ) and resetting back to 'vanilla' Windows 10 Pro, I had to access my account for Bitlocker key. Easy to get to on my Asus Laptop (that I have had unmodified for years),...
  9. I dont receive microsoft account security codes

I dont receive microsoft account security codes: I have checked spam, all possible emails. I resend it as many times as i want but i still dont get it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-dont-receive-microsoft-account-security-codes/5972f398-b016-4204-a693-b54af2ea1f00"
  10. Microsoft Security Code

Microsoft Security Code: I am trying to make a purchase in the Microsoft store, but when signing in to my account, it asks to send a security code to my phone number. Because I am outside of the US at the moment, I cannot receive texts. I tried to change the security method to my G-mail account, and...