Windows 10: Didn't know updating security info would take 30 days...

Discus and support Didn't know updating security info would take 30 days... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I am trying to help my daughter with her computer. The Security Info in her Microsoft account has the wrong phone number which she needs it to be... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by bpayne1973, Mar 22, 2020.

1. Didn't know updating security info would take 30 days...

I am trying to help my daughter with her computer. The Security Info in her Microsoft account has the wrong phone number which she needs it to be corrected so that a PIN can be sent to her so I updated it and then found out it takes 30 days. I tried to cancel the request, but it then says it will text a code but it would be to the incorrect number. Can someone help?

Thank you!

:)

bpayne1973, Mar 22, 2020

2. Notification didn´t appear

Windows 10 has ben released for 1 day and a half,and I didn´t get the notification for installing.I reserved it.Can anyone help me?

PS I am running Windows 7 and it´s up to date.

Megabladme, Mar 22, 2020
  3. Does changing security information take 30 days?

Hi Sharon,

Yes, it takes 30 days to update the security information for your account.

However you can still change the password. After 30 days you will receive an email to confirm security info change. Once you confirm it, then it will be changed.

Microsoft account FAQ:

Microsoft account | Sign In or Create Your Account Today – Microsoft

In future, if you have any issues related to Microsoft account, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Mar 22, 2020
  4. Didn't know updating security info would take 30 days...

Unable to update Windows account details for 30 days

Hi Simon,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

• Did you keep the Outlook account idle for a long time without sign in?
    • Did you make any changes to the account settings prior to this issue?

I would like to let you know that when you choose to delete your out-of-date security information, Microsoft will not completely remove it for 30 days. The account is temporarily suspended. This waiting period helps to deter hackers from updating your
    security info and gaining access to your account without your knowledge.

After 30 days, the account user will be able to access the security settings and update the desired information. But the waiting period doesn't mean you're locked out of your Microsoft account.

However, you may want to refer to this article and check if that helps.

Microsoft account security info & security codes:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12428/microsoft-account-security-info-security-codes

Articles for Reference:

Unblock your Microsoft account or Outlook email:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4027304/microsoft-account-unblock-your-microsoft-account-or-outlook-email

How to help keep your Microsoft account safe and secure:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12410/microsoft-account-how-to-help-keep-your-account-safe-and-secure

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Mar 22, 2020
Thema:

Didn't know updating security info would take 30 days...

1. Didn't know updating security info would take 30 days... - Similar Threads - Didn't updating security

2. Reverse Security Info Update

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Reverse Security Info Update: Hello, I need to reverse the security info update, but I am no longer using my old phone number that is attached to my microsoft account. How do I reverse it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reverse-security-info-update/243bcd92-43a5-4ba7-befc-9a2c62505fea
  3. 30-day lockout

30-day lockout: An attempt to change my password has moved me directly to 30-days in Microsoft jail. It is amazing that this is the best form of security available. It convinced me to abandon all Microsoft programs outside of Windows 10. What a mess....
  4. Windows Update runs 30 days behind - why?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update runs 30 days behind - why?: I have several windows 10 computers. Most get OS updates within 24 hours of the time Microsoft issues them. However, one computer seems to get the updates 30 days later. I don't understand what causes this. This machine is Windows 10 pro. Today (9/12/19) it updated...
  5. Bypassing 30 day free trial

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Bypassing 30 day free trial: I have downloaded Excel for a 30 day free trial. I would like to go ahead with it and also get access to all the other Office programs. How do I do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bypassing-30-day-free-trial/94b4aefa-3a1a-4666-8e4d-91aac5929225"
  6. updating security info

updating security info: I want to update security information and I can't get past this screen. The alternative email on file (to get a code) can't be edited, and it's not a working email *** Email address is removed for privacy *** You can't access this site right now This site requires a...
  7. Windows Timeline - 30 days

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Timeline - 30 days: Hello, I'm not very tech savvy so please go easy on me. Microsoft states in the below link that if I have "send my activity history to Microsoft" enabled then any documents I save will be sent from my timeline to the microsoft cloud and I would be able to grab it from...
  8. DATA USAGE BEYOND 30 DAYS

in Windows 10 Customization
    DATA USAGE BEYOND 30 DAYS: My WiFi Modem as of yesterday recorded about 12GB. Obviously it came with no instructions indicating that any usage is recorded anywhere but on NY day it recorded about 12MB which leaves me relying on Win. 10 data usage but it only records 30 days usage with no apparent...
  9. Unable to update Windows account details for 30 days

Unable to update Windows account details for 30 days: Original Title - Windows Account Why is this system so complicated and so difficult to use. The system suggested I check my account details when logging into my Outlook account and so, like an idiot i did. Now, it has stopped me checking any of my account details for 30...
  10. 30 days / 10 days period re: anniversary update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    30 days / 10 days period re: anniversary update: As I understand it, with the new anniversary update after 10 days one will get disk space back relating to Windows.old being deleted automatically (if PC is left idle for a while). i also believe that if a PC upgrades to Windows 10 then the new anniversary update wouldn't...