Windows 10: Didn't know updating security info would take 30 days...

Discus and support Didn't know updating security info would take 30 days... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I am trying to help my daughter with her computer. The Security Info in her Microsoft account has the wrong phone number which she needs it to be... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by bpayne1973, Mar 22, 2020.

1. Didn't know updating security info would take 30 days...

I am trying to help my daughter with her computer. The Security Info in her Microsoft account has the wrong phone number which she needs it to be corrected so that a PIN can be sent to her so I updated it and then found out it takes 30 days. I tried to cancel the request, but it then says it will text a code but it would be to the incorrect number. Can someone help?

Thank you!

:)

bpayne1973, Mar 22, 2020

2. Notification didn´t appear

Windows 10 has ben released for 1 day and a half,and I didn´t get the notification for installing.I reserved it.Can anyone help me?

PS I am running Windows 7 and it´s up to date.

Megabladme, Mar 22, 2020
  3. Does changing security information take 30 days?

Hi Sharon,

Yes, it takes 30 days to update the security information for your account.

However you can still change the password. After 30 days you will receive an email to confirm security info change. Once you confirm it, then it will be changed.

Microsoft account FAQ:

Microsoft account | Sign In or Create Your Account Today – Microsoft

In future, if you have any issues related to Microsoft account, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Mar 22, 2020
  4. Didn't know updating security info would take 30 days...

Unable to update Windows account details for 30 days

Hi Simon,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

• Did you keep the Outlook account idle for a long time without sign in?
    • Did you make any changes to the account settings prior to this issue?

I would like to let you know that when you choose to delete your out-of-date security information, Microsoft will not completely remove it for 30 days. The account is temporarily suspended. This waiting period helps to deter hackers from updating your
    security info and gaining access to your account without your knowledge.

After 30 days, the account user will be able to access the security settings and update the desired information. But the waiting period doesn't mean you're locked out of your Microsoft account.

However, you may want to refer to this article and check if that helps.

Microsoft account security info & security codes:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12428/microsoft-account-security-info-security-codes

Articles for Reference:

Unblock your Microsoft account or Outlook email:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4027304/microsoft-account-unblock-your-microsoft-account-or-outlook-email

How to help keep your Microsoft account safe and secure:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12410/microsoft-account-how-to-help-keep-your-account-safe-and-secure

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Mar 22, 2020
Thema:

Didn't know updating security info would take 30 days...

1. Didn't know updating security info would take 30 days... - Similar Threads - Didn't updating security

2. How can I bypass the 30 day info update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I bypass the 30 day info update: I upgraded my cpu today on my pc and after I booted my pc for the first time with the new cpu my windows security settings changed.I didn't have access to the phone number on my account as I got a new number. I've updated it now but windows has now locked me out of my pc for...
  3. How can I bypass the 30 day info update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I bypass the 30 day info update: I upgraded my cpu today on my pc and after I booted my pc for the first time with the new cpu my windows security settings changed.I didn't have access to the phone number on my account as I got a new number. I've updated it now but windows has now locked me out of my pc for...
  4. Security info not updated EVEN AFTER 30 days

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Security info not updated EVEN AFTER 30 days: I have an annoying issue !!!!!! I applied for an update on my security info on 1st October 2023 when I came to the UK from India coz I don’t have my previous number now. I waited patiently for 30 days as it said that it’s going to be updated by 31 October 2023. But it’s still...
  5. Security info not updated EVEN AFTER 30 days

Security info not updated EVEN AFTER 30 days: I have an annoying issue !!!!!! I applied for an update on my security info on 1st October 2023 when I came to the UK from India coz I don’t have my previous number now. I waited patiently for 30 days as it said that it’s going to be updated by 31 October 2023. But it’s still...
  6. Oh my god, this Microsoft 30-day wait window for changing security info

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Oh my god, this Microsoft 30-day wait window for changing security info: I want to punch the idiot in Microsoft that made this decision. Because, this is not being secure, this is being incredibly infuriating. I'm so fed up with this age of accounts where there are many extreme experiments being performed in what way can we make someone "feel...
  7. Oh my god, this Microsoft 30-day wait window for changing security info

Oh my god, this Microsoft 30-day wait window for changing security info: I want to punch the idiot in Microsoft that made this decision. Because, this is not being secure, this is being incredibly infuriating. I'm so fed up with this age of accounts where there are many extreme experiments being performed in what way can we make someone "feel...
  8. How to setup pin during 30 day wait from change of security info

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to setup pin during 30 day wait from change of security info: So today Windows suddenly informs me that” Your pin is no longer available due to a change to the security settings on this device”, and asks me to setup my pin again. To do that, I have to log into my Microsoft account and and enter a text code that’s sent to my phone....
  9. Update Security 30 days?!!! How to Expedite???

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Update Security 30 days?!!! How to Expedite???: I am trying to help my cousin with his computer. The Security Info in his Microsoft account has the wrong phone number which he needs it to be corrected so that a PIN can be sent to her so I updated it and then found out it takes 30 days?!?!!!I tried to cancel the request,...
  10. Update stuck on 30% for days

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update stuck on 30% for days: Hi, hoping for some advice! Laptop has been updating windows 10 for days now - keeps getting stuck at "Working in updates, 30% complete, don't turn off your computer." Have tried to restart, still stays stuck. Can't access any menus or functions from the screen it's on!...