Windows 10: Difference along the three volume images in an encrypted esd file

Discus and support Difference along the three volume images in an encrypted esd file in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi I noticed that an encrypted esd file of Windows 10 always has the "Windows Setup Media", "Microsoft Windows PE" and "Microsoft Windows Setup"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by balubeto, Aug 31, 2015.

1. balubeto Win User

Difference along the three volume images in an encrypted esd file

Hi

I noticed that an encrypted esd file of Windows 10 always has the "Windows Setup Media", "Microsoft Windows PE" and "Microsoft Windows Setup" volume images.

What are these volume images? What are their differences?

Thanks

Bye

:)

balubeto, Aug 31, 2015

2. Windows ESD Installation Files in Disk Cleanup

Hi,

Microsoft uses the ESD file format to deliver the installation files needed.
    ESD stands for Electronic Software Delivery.

The Windows install.esd file contains the usual Windows
    install.wim
    file (WIM = Windows Imaging), encrypted and compressed.
    Install.wim
    file it contains everything needed for a complete Windows installation.

May we know the exact build you are using?

Roberto Oca, Aug 31, 2015
  3. Will Microsoft directly advise the insiders when the ISOs are available?

Just tried converting PRO 64 and Home 64 and Decrypter fails on both. Either there is a new encryption or the ESD'S are bad

Difference along the three volume images in an encrypted esd file [​IMG]

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Aug 31, 2015
  4. Kyhi Win User

extract them to see the contents..
    ms setup tools
    ms boot files
    ms setup

Thema:

1. Difference along the three volume images in an encrypted esd file - Similar Threads - Difference along three

2. ESD File

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    ESD File: Hey there! I have downloaded an esd file of windows 10 2004 update. I have to clean install my laptop. Should I convert esd file into iso and then install it ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/esd-file/e6d50484-88cb-4821-be51-dba1adb957e9
  3. Suspended volume encryption

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Suspended volume encryption: Why does Belarc report "suspended volume encryption". [ATTACH] What should I do to correct this? Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/suspended-volume-encryption/4e2f44fe-da83-48cd-b223-ba2f770e6a74
  4. Create a wim or esd file with no volume image

in Windows 10 Support
    Create a wim or esd file with no volume image: [img] Hi Using Windows ADK 10 v1511, it is possible to create a wim or esd file with no volume image so that I can add them later? Thanks Bye 42214
  5. Difference between the two volume images in the boot.wim

Difference between the two volume images in the boot.wim: Hi In the Windows 10 DVD, there is a file called boot.wim which has two volume images almost equal named "Microsoft Windows PE" and "Microsoft Windows Setup". I want to know what is their difference? Thanks Bye 21230
  6. Capture or append an image in a file esd

Capture or append an image in a file esd: Hi Using Windows 10 ADK v1511, how do I capture an image directly by saving it in an esd file? Also, how do I add an image volume, to an esd file? Thanks Bye 42464
  7. Structure of an esd file which contains multiple volume images

Structure of an esd file which contains multiple volume images: Hi Someone could explain the structure of an esd file which contains multiple volume images? Thanks Bye 16732
  8. ESD file

ESD file: In the $windows.~WS folder and then Sources there is a file Installx64.esd can that be used to create a ISO file that can be burned to do an Install? also would rufus be able to create a bootable usb? thanks. Shipinomore 30057
  9. Saving the esd file

Saving the esd file: Hi When Windows 10 downloads a new build from Windows Update, how can I save the esd file to create an installation DVD running on each computer? Thanks Bye 9142
  10. Command to decrypt an esd file

in Windows 10 Support
    Command to decrypt an esd file: Hi When Windows 10 downloads an esd file with Windows Update, before installing it, Windows must decrypt it. What command used to do this? Thanks Bye 20084