Windows 10: Difference bettween MSI unsinstall and Apps and Features unintall

Discus and support Difference bettween MSI unsinstall and Apps and Features unintall in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I arguing with one of my colleagues about what is the difference between the MSI uninstall and Apps and Features uninstall. In my point of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by WasdAsdDas, Oct 9, 2019.

1. Difference bettween MSI unsinstall and Apps and Features unintall

Hello,

I arguing with one of my colleagues about what is the difference between the MSI uninstall and Apps and Features uninstall.

In my point of view, there is no difference, but I need to make sure I'm right or not because some task depends on It.

So, What is the difference between the two methods, Are there any difference?

Best regards

:)

WasdAsdDas, Oct 9, 2019
  2. K2DLS Win User

Launching Application Loads MSI for a Different App

The following issue did not occur on Windows 7 and has occured since upgrading to Windows 10.

I have 2 applications that when launched, first load an MSI for a different program that is already installed. When I get to the prompt stating to insert the disk or browse for the source, I click cancel. I get an Error 1706, no valid source message, click
    ok, the MSI rollsback and then the original application runs.

Checking the shortcuts, both applications are pointing to the right place. I also get the error if I navigate to the Program Files directory and run the exe directly.

Any thoughts/suggestions?

Regards,

Dan

K2DLS, Oct 9, 2019
  3. topgundcp Win User
    MSI bios boot logo (frozen?)

If you have any USB device connected, disconnect for now.
    Go into BIOS:
    1. At boot time, the BIOS is checking for all devices attached to the PC, turn off the MSI boot logo under boot menu so you can see the text displayed of each step and note which device is hanging.
    2. Under Advance->Windows 8/8.1/10: Enable MSI Fast Boot so that BIOS will bypass checking most devices that are none essential for booting. This will improve the boot process. Note that this is different from fast boot that you set in Windows.
    Some third party drivers that you downloaded from the MSI website might not be up to date, try to download the latest driver(s) from the original manufacturers such Intel Chip Set, Network driver etc....

topgundcp, Oct 9, 2019
  4. Difference bettween MSI unsinstall and Apps and Features unintall

How to remove all entries in windows 10 Optional Feature History

Hello,

To help you with your concern, we suggest that you try to follow the steps provided below:

• Open Settings > System, and select Apps & features from the left side.
    • Click on the Manage optional features link.
    • To remove an app or a feature, select the feature and click on the Uninstall button.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Marivel Man, Oct 9, 2019
Thema:

Difference bettween MSI unsinstall and Apps and Features unintall

1. Difference bettween MSI unsinstall and Apps and Features unintall - Similar Threads - Difference bettween MSI

2. is there any difference in features between smilebox app and smilebox in web? thanks!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    is there any difference in features between smilebox app and smilebox in web? thanks!: Smilebox app isn't running. I can only access through web. is there any difference in the features between the app and in the web? thanks* Moved from Community Center...
  3. is there any difference in features between smilebox app and smilebox in web? thanks!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    is there any difference in features between smilebox app and smilebox in web? thanks!: Smilebox app isn't running. I can only access through web. is there any difference in the features between the app and in the web? thanks* Moved from Community Center...
  4. Is it OK to directly install KB5015807 with KB5014699 unintalled?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it OK to directly install KB5015807 with KB5014699 unintalled?: Hi,Since there was wifi hotspot problem in the update KB5014699, I've uninstalled it as a workaround.Recently, I found update KB5015807 has been released and seems have solved the wifi hotspot problem.I think that it's the time to update. But when I open Windows Update, I can...
  5. Is it OK to directly install KB5015807 with KB5014699 unintalled?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it OK to directly install KB5015807 with KB5014699 unintalled?: Hi,Since there was wifi hotspot problem in the update KB5014699, I've uninstalled it as a workaround.Recently, I found update KB5015807 has been released and seems have solved the wifi hotspot problem.I think that it's the time to update. But when I open Windows Update, I can...
  6. Is it OK to directly install KB5015807 with KB5014699 unintalled?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Different windows 10 features on different users

in Windows 10 Customization
    Different windows 10 features on different users: Hello everyone I'm wondering if its possible to have some windows 10 features enable in one user and the same feature disable in another.I need to use Hyper-V ON in my work user account , but in my personal account i need to turn OFF . Its really annoying to reboot and change...
  8. What is the difference between MS Office and Office in Apps & features in settings

What is the difference between MS Office and Office in Apps & features in settings: I was looking through all the apps in Apps & Features and came across Microsift Office 2019 AND Office i.e. [ATTACH] Why is there a separate entry for Office? What is this? Can someone shed some light on this?...
  9. edge browser distance bettween lines

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    edge browser distance bettween lines: hi, win10 pro with Edge webbrowser here. is there a way to narrow the space between the bookmarks in edge ? see picture https://imgur.com/mwUMXvy lg. g. submitted by /u/rtl33 [link] [comments]...
  10. Different language in different apps

Different language in different apps: Hi, I just bought a computer and I noticed that some apps appear in a different language than the one I had set it up with. I speak 2 languages, spanish and korean, the computer is in spanish and I noticed that the notifications of my mail were in korean and also my...