Windows 10: Difference between 2 files that have the same extension

Discus and support Difference between 2 files that have the same extension in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi 1st time here, I have a situation where files are being written to a folder with the same file extension (.art) and they can be either a csv type or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dnisbet1000, Aug 13, 2021.

1. Difference between 2 files that have the same extension

Hi 1st time here, I have a situation where files are being written to a folder with the same file extension (.art) and they can be either a csv type or a PDF and I want to copy the csv files only to another folder to be FTP to a site. I have been looking at Powershell as I need to run this daily and obviously can schedule a script with Powershell. Thanks in advance.

:)

dnisbet1000, Aug 13, 2021

2. Can a file extension(.flv) be added to Default Program Associations.

Hi Fred,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues associating a particular file extension with a program on Windows 10. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

To assist you better, please provide the information:

When you say that "Default Program Associations", are you referring to the list of default applications in default programs settings?

I want you to be informed that all the file extensions is listed in the default program settings which is displayed under
    Associate a file type or protocol with a program.

In default program list, all the programs or application will be listed. Then we can select each program as default program for opening a particular file.

I suggest you to refer to the below steps to make default program for a particular file extension.

1. Type "Control Panel" without the quotes in search box and click on it.

2. Click on Programs.

3. Then click on Default Programs and click on Choose Default for this Programs.

4. Select .flv file from the list.

Also you can try other steps to associate the a particular extenstion with the program.

1. Type "Control Panel" without the quotes in search box and click on it.

2. Click on Programs.

3. Then click on Associate a file type or protocol with a program
    and search for .flv extension from the list.

4. Click on .flv and then click on Change Program.

Reply to us with the information, so that we can assist you better.

Let us know if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Aug 13, 2021
  3. File extension is different than file type

In windows explorer, I have a file extension .wb3 quattro pro 7 different than what the file type quattro pro 16, .qpw is and the file opens in the file type, quattro pro 16. I've tired changing in properties .wb3 which has the correct program listed
    first however, it opens with quattro pro 16, .qpw. I've went into administrator command prompt to find what extensions were
    associated with and this was the response .qpw=QuattroPro.Notebook.16 and .wb3=QuattroPro.Notebook.7

I've tired some other things, however, nothing has worked, can somebody help to resolve this issue?

Reappraise, Aug 13, 2021
  4. Difference between 2 files that have the same extension

File extension *.docx

Hi Randy,

To change the file extension when saving a document in Word 2013, you may follow the steps below:

• Click on File; then, select Options from the list.
    • In the Word Options window, choose Save.
    • Under Save files in this format, select *.doc from the list.
    • Hit OK button to confirm and save the changes.

If ever your Word 2013 application is not recognizing the changes you have made, you may restart the application; however, if the issue still persists, we suggest that you repair it. To do this, see this
    link.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Aug 13, 2021
Thema:

Difference between 2 files that have the same extension

1. Difference between 2 files that have the same extension - Similar Threads - Difference between files

2. Hide files that have the same file name but lower extension names?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hide files that have the same file name but lower extension names?: Hello, I'm trying to figure out a way to easily upload CAD parts, but I'm running into an issue.The files are Creo Parametric files, and the way that Creo saves files is that it adds an extension starting at .1 and iterating by 1 each time it is saved, which is great because...
  3. Hide files that have the same file name but lower extension names?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hide files that have the same file name but lower extension names?: Hello, I'm trying to figure out a way to easily upload CAD parts, but I'm running into an issue.The files are Creo Parametric files, and the way that Creo saves files is that it adds an extension starting at .1 and iterating by 1 each time it is saved, which is great because...
  4. Hide files that have the same file name but lower extension names?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. what is the difference between these 2 examples

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    what is the difference between these 2 examples: whea_uncorrectable_error bsod is an indication of a hardware problem take for example these 2 people who got that bsod:- 1) person aaa - aaa is getting that bsod multiple times in the same day and it can happen randomly when the pc is being used, when it's being shut down,...
  6. How does file sharing between 2 different accounts on the same computer work

How does file sharing between 2 different accounts on the same computer work: If I bought a game on one account, would I have to redownload it on the other account so they both have it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-does-file-sharing-between-2-different-accounts/ff35cb15-9729-4f43-9c29-70382f64ac0c
  7. Same App in 2 Different Folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Same App in 2 Different Folders: I have an app that ideally fits logically be in 2 different folders in Windows 10. Can this be done? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/same-app-in-2-different-folders/884ff0a0-fb77-460d-ae57-a549608c1046
  8. How to transfer files between 2 OS's on same computer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to transfer files between 2 OS's on same computer: I have recently installed Windows 10 64bit onto a new HD and i was trying to copy files from my old 32bit HD onto it. I have tried two different methods. First starting on the new drive. I access the old drive and simply attempt a copy paste. However i am never even able to...
  9. 2 Extensions Worth Having!

2 Extensions Worth Having!: When it comes to Extensions for Edge, there are heaps of good ones, but, especially, want to mention (Read: recommend) these ⬇ 2, AdBlocker Ultimate and Mouse Gestures Cheers, Drew [ATTACH]...
  10. Difference between graphics cards of the same chipset?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Difference between graphics cards of the same chipset?: How big is the difference between graphics cards using the same chipset made by different manufacturers? For example an RX 580 manufactured by Gigabyte or MSI? Or between all the different versions made by the manufacturers? I understand some of them have better cooling and...