Windows 10: Difference between docker ps and wsl -l -v

Discus and support Difference between docker ps and wsl -l -v in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, Can I check what entities are being displayed when I run wsl -l -v and how it relates to the docker containers displayed when docker ps is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by gabrielwu84, Oct 6, 2020.

1. Difference between docker ps and wsl -l -v

Hi,

Can I check what entities are being displayed when I run wsl -l -v and how it relates to the docker containers displayed when docker ps is executed?

I am trying to run multiple instances of the same WSL ubuntu version, and I boiled the issue down to this question. Any advise on the matter is greatly appreciated!

Best regards,

Gabriel

:)

gabrielwu84, Oct 6, 2020
  2. NickJP Win User

Cannot upgrade installed distros in WSL to version 2

After installing the Win10 2004 build 19041 update (running winver shows "version 2004 (OS build 19041.388)", I've tried to upgrade a couple of installed distros I had in WSL version 1 to WSL version 2 following the instructions at https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/win.../install-win10. All the steps in the instructions compete successfully, up to the point where I try to change the WSL version of one of the installed distros to 2 at which point I see the messages below:

Code:
    I have enabled the Virtual Machine Platform feature (it shows as on with a tick against it in Control Panel Windows features), Intel-vt virtualization is enabled in the BIOS, and running msinfo32 shows, at the bottom of the system summary listing:

Code:
    I also tried installing another distro with the WSL default version set to 2, but attempting to launch it shows the error:

Code:
    Any suggestions on how to get around this problem? From what I've read, WSL2 gives worthwhile speed increases over WSL1, and so is worth using if I can get it to work.

NickJP, Oct 7, 2020
  3. Docker client on WSL cannot connect to Docker for Windows

I have docker set up on my Windows machine with WSL like this:
    (similar to what's described here Running Docker on Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) : docker)

• Installed Docker for Windows
    • Installed the docker client inside WSL
    • export DOCKER_HOST=tcp://127.0.0.1:2375

However, when I run docker ps, I get this error:

Cannot connect to the Docker daemon at tcp://127.0.0.1:2375. Is the docker daemon running?

I know that docker is running, and if can get docker.exe ps ok from the Windows CMD.

I had this working before, but it doesn't seem to work now. I have updated the Docker for Windows app to the latest version, and restarted my machine a couple times.

Does anyone knows if there's something I could try?

Tri Nguyen, Oct 7, 2020
  4. Difference between docker ps and wsl -l -v

Create and run Hyper-V containers using Docker on Windows 10 desktop

Create and run Hyper-V containers using Docker on Windows 10 desktop

Source: https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/jco...ws-10-desktop/

Cluster Head, Oct 7, 2020
Thema:

Difference between docker ps and wsl -l -v

1. Difference between docker ps and wsl -l -v - Similar Threads - Difference between docker

2. What is the Difference Between Hyper-V and CPU/Hardware Virtualization?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is the Difference Between Hyper-V and CPU/Hardware Virtualization?: copy pasting this from Microsoft Learn forums because answers may be more common here;in regard to Virtual Machines, I am aware that you need to enable Virtualization in the Bios, which is related to the CPU; however, there's also Hyper-V within Windows itselfwhat's the...
  3. What is the Difference Between Hyper-V and CPU/Hardware Virtualization?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is the Difference Between Hyper-V and CPU/Hardware Virtualization?: copy pasting this from Microsoft Learn forums because answers may be more common here;in regard to Virtual Machines, I am aware that you need to enable Virtualization in the Bios, which is related to the CPU; however, there's also Hyper-V within Windows itselfwhat's the...
  4. WSL stopped working after uninstall Docker Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WSL stopped working after uninstall Docker Desktop: Hi,I'm usingI'd started get some fails on launching Docker Desktop a couple days ago. And, obviously, uninstall it and not only the one. But after that starts my "saga".One of the issues that I had, already is resolved with help of assistance described here. Now I need to...
  5. WSL stopped working after uninstall Docker Desktop

WSL stopped working after uninstall Docker Desktop: Hi,I'm usingI'd started get some fails on launching Docker Desktop a couple days ago. And, obviously, uninstall it and not only the one. But after that starts my "saga".One of the issues that I had, already is resolved with help of assistance described here. Now I need to...
  6. HYPERVISOR_ERROR, WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR with Hyper-V + Docker + WSL2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HYPERVISOR_ERROR, WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR with Hyper-V + Docker + WSL2: I have been having BSODs over the last 3 months or so with the error codes I provided in the title.I use VSCode for coding along with Docker Desktop and WSL2 to run Ubuntu 22. 04. on Windows.I have attached the DxDiag and dump files from the Windows\Minidump folder in the...
  7. HYPERVISOR_ERROR, WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR with Hyper-V + Docker + WSL2

HYPERVISOR_ERROR, WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR with Hyper-V + Docker + WSL2: I have been having BSODs over the last 3 months or so with the error codes I provided in the title.I use VSCode for coding along with Docker Desktop and WSL2 to run Ubuntu 22. 04. on Windows.I have attached the DxDiag and dump files from the Windows\Minidump folder in the...
  8. Windows 365 Cloud PC - Docker and or WSL support

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 365 Cloud PC - Docker and or WSL support: Hello,Is Docker Desktop and/or WSL supported on a Windows 365 Cloud PC?Thanks.Guy https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-365-cloud-pc-docker-and-or-wsl-support/57cdb3b7-96c6-40ee-aaa5-9f29b751aba0
  9. Different D/L speeds

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Different D/L speeds: I've got two PC's connected to the same router with both connected via Ethernet cable. D/L speeds between the two are wide apart. I'd like to know what factors could influence this difference. PC#1 i7-9700K 3.6 ghz base 32GB DDR4 2666 RAM 802.11 Network card D/L speed...
  10. and Difference between

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    and Difference between: What is the difference between defender definition updates KB915597 and KB2267602? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/and-difference-between/090c74ba-f728-4424-ab7c-759bf9453aaf