Windows 10: Difference between graphics card and memory?

Discus and support Difference between graphics card and memory? in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; When you watch a 4k movie on your computer, does it use your graphics card or memory? When you use a lot of multiple virtual desktops (for example, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by CerebralFreeze, Jul 15, 2018.

1. Difference between graphics card and memory?

When you watch a 4k movie on your computer, does it use your graphics card or memory?

When you use a lot of multiple virtual desktops (for example, I have 20 virtual desktop using the 3rd party program Dexpot), does it require a lot of the graphics card or memory? I have no clue what the answer to these questions are.

Should I got for 128 gigs of memory or an Nividia 1070?

Which would make my computer run more smoothly because run now, it runs like a jalopy even though I've got good components. It's just that I have 2 monitors (one is 32'' 4k resolution, and the other is 27'' 4k). I don't play any games but I do use dexpot with like 20 virtual desktops.

:)

CerebralFreeze, Jul 15, 2018
  2. AndreePin Win User

graphics card problems

Hi,

Your computer makes a noise or beeps from your internal speaker because it failed to detect the graphics card. What we can suggest is for you to try cleaning your graphics card with a pencil eraser. Here are the steps below:

• Turn your computer off.
    • Pull out your video/graphics card.
    • Rubbed the cold contacts with soft pencil eraser.
    • Connect your video/graphics card back to the computer.
    Kindly note that this is just a temporary fix. If the case still continues, I suggest that you contact your graphics card's manufacturer.

Let us know how it goes.

AndreePin, Jul 15, 2018
  3. Graphics card information.

Hi David,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

The error might occur if the Graphic card is cannot update the driver automatically.

I suggest you to update the graphic card manually by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device manager.
    • Expand Display Driver from the list.
    • Right click on the Graphic driver and select
      update driver software.

Also, can download the latest version of the graphic card from the manufacturer website.

Hope the information is helpful. Please revert back with the necessary information and we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jul 15, 2018
  4. Difference between graphics card and memory?

Nvidia Graphics Card

Hello Brian,

I request you to try the following steps:

Uninstall and Reinstall the Graphics Card Drivers.

Step 1: Uninstall the Graphics Card
    Drivers

• Right click on the Start menu.

• Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

• Search for the Graphics Card
      from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers
      from the computer.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.
    After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Graphics Card
    manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the
    Graphics Card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Jul 15, 2018
Thema:

Difference between graphics card and memory?

1. Difference between graphics card and memory? - Similar Threads - Difference between graphics

2. Dedicated Graphics Card Memory problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dedicated Graphics Card Memory problem: I have Intel HD 4000 graphic card and 8gb ram running with i5 processor and my total available graphic memory is 1792MB and my dedicated video memory is 0 MB and but shared system memory is 1792MB total graphic memory...
  3. Switching Between Graphics Card

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Switching Between Graphics Card: Hello, My Envy 13 laptop has two graphics card- Intel 620 and Nvidia MX 250. Intel one is used by default. Is there any way I can switch between these two graphics card? Thanks. submitted by /u/rhchdk [link] [comments]...
  4. Use for two different Graphics cards?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Use for two different Graphics cards?: I've sent my 2080ti out for repair so in the mean time I bought an RX580 to get me by. If or When the 2080 comes back is there any reason to keep the 580 installed? I'm running 2 32" TV's and a 55"4K UHD as my main display. 1360x768 - 3840x2160 - 1360x768 Could I run the...
  5. Is there a difference between laptop memory sticks and desktop memory

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is there a difference between laptop memory sticks and desktop memory: I have a Dell Workstation with two 8GB Kingston memory sticks and want to increase my memory to at least 64GB. Is there a difference in laptop and desktop memory sticks (physical size, etc.)? Also, where are sites where I can look to find what I need? I've never purchased...
  6. Is there a difference between laptop memory sticks and desktop memory

in Windows 10 Support
    Is there a difference between laptop memory sticks and desktop memory: I have a Dell Workstation with two 8GB Kingston memory sticks and want to increase my memory to at least 64GB. Is there a difference in laptop and desktop memory sticks (physical size, etc.)? Also, where are sites where I can look to find what I need? I've never purchased...
  7. Use my graphics card memory has dedicated graphics memory

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Use my graphics card memory has dedicated graphics memory: i have an hp 15 note book with an AMD A8 processor and 4 gb of ram i have a graphics card of 2gb Radeon HD 8500 R5 series graphics cad. all my games and design based software have issues running because the dedicated graphics memory is only 512MB. who do in use the full 2 gb...
  8. Adding Memory to a Graphics Card

Adding Memory to a Graphics Card: Good morning everyone, I have a NVidia Quadro K1100 with 2gigs of memory. Is it possible to add more memory to the card? 115483
  9. Difference between graphics cards of the same chipset?

Difference between graphics cards of the same chipset?: How big is the difference between graphics cards using the same chipset made by different manufacturers? For example an RX 580 manufactured by Gigabyte or MSI? Or between all the different versions made by the manufacturers? I understand some of them have better cooling and...
  10. Graphics card ram memory size problem.

Graphics card ram memory size problem.: Hey. I got this PC yesterday and I was looking what this PC can handle. I typed "dxdiag" to my search and i found that this graphics card is around 1 GB memory, I was so happy! [img] But I wanted to be sure this is real, and I searched how to check the amount of memory...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what the difference betweern memory and graphics card memory