Windows 10: Difference between installing windows 10 with USB and with setup

Discus and support Difference between installing windows 10 with USB and with setup in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, what's the difference between installing windows 10 with USB and with setup file ? can i format drives when i don't use USB flash drive?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/shakoc, Mar 26, 2020.

1. /u/shakoc Win User

Difference between installing windows 10 with USB and with setup

Hello, what's the difference between installing windows 10 with USB and with setup file ? can i format drives when i don't use USB flash drive?

submitted by /u/shakoc
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/shakoc, Mar 26, 2020

2. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Mar 26, 2020
  3. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Mar 26, 2020
  4. thraxed Win User

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Mar 26, 2020
Thema:

1. Difference between installing windows 10 with USB and with setup - Similar Threads - Difference between installing

2. Difference between different partitions ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Difference between different partitions ?: Need some answers. Please help.What is the difference between Physical and Logical partition in Windows ?Is it possible to create a Physical partition in laptops where the Windows is OEM installed , like HP laptops ?Why does the warranty void if a Physical partition created...
  3. What is the difference in between Windows recovery USB vs Windows bootable USB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is the difference in between Windows recovery USB vs Windows bootable USB: OS: Windows 10 21H2Hi,I wonder what is the difference in between Windows recovery USB vs Windows bootable USB flash drive. And when do you use one of that?Any help in this regard will be appreciated.Thank you...
  4. What is the difference in between Windows recovery USB vs Windows bootable USB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is the difference in between Windows recovery USB vs Windows bootable USB: OS: Windows 10 21H2Hi,I wonder what is the difference in between Windows recovery USB vs Windows bootable USB flash drive. And when do you use one of that?Any help in this regard will be appreciated.Thank you...
  5. What is the difference in between Windows recovery USB vs Windows bootable USB

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. 15mb difference between Windows 10 Bootable USB Drive and Windows 10 ISO

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    15mb difference between Windows 10 Bootable USB Drive and Windows 10 ISO: I downloaded Windows 10 ISO with both 64bit and 32bit using Media Creation Tool and noticed that it's size was about 15mb smaller compared to Windows 10 on my 32gb USB Drive. At first I thought maybe Microsoft updated their ISO of Windows 10 so I proceeded to format my USB...
  7. Difference between

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Difference between: Is there a significant difference between the 14" Pavilion Laptop and the 14" Stream Laptop? Thanks. Sean https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/difference-between/c649a7f5-03d2-4ee9-9dab-d71a780e228f
  8. difference between version of windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    difference between version of windows 10: may I ask u a favor. Please, let me know. does someone know the difference between windows 10 English us and English uk https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/difference-between-version-of-windows-10/8433eca5-e43f-46bd-b029-9f8fa5325eec
  9. What's the difference between a win 10 installation usb and a usb recovery drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What's the difference between a win 10 installation usb and a usb recovery drive: I just watch two videos on how to do it. But what is the difference. Don't they do basically the same thing. Which of the two is better? I want to get something on a usb stick just incase something bad happens in the future and i have a backup plan. submitted by...
  10. and Difference between

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    and Difference between: What is the difference between defender definition updates KB915597 and KB2267602? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/and-difference-between/090c74ba-f728-4424-ab7c-759bf9453aaf