Windows 10: difference between microsoft account and user profile

Discus and support difference between microsoft account and user profile in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello.I have windows 10 build 1703.I am confused about differences between microsoft account and user profile.When i am searching or i have a porblem ,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by vasilisnik, Oct 9, 2018.

1. difference between microsoft account and user profile

Hello.I have windows 10 build 1703.I am confused about differences between microsoft account and user profile.When i am searching or i have a porblem , i don't know which term should I do for the search.So i have some questions:
    1) are the same?
    2) Can i permanently delete each of them or simply are they removed from the device/pc/laptop that i am using?
    3)the delete of one them implies the delete of the other?
    3)the choise of removing : a) email accounts b)family and other persons accounts has the same result?and which is it?
    4)the most important for me: if i delete/close user profile/microsoft account still i have access to my email account?I mean still i be able to send/receive emails from my email ...... @HOTmail.com that is connected to my account?Or i ''lose'' my email?

:)

vasilisnik, Oct 9, 2018

2. Windows 10 can't load the user profile for a new user account

Hi Judy

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. .

I would suggest you to follow the method give below and check.

Method 1: I suggest you enter into safe mode and enable built-in administrator and check with the status of User profile service.

Step 1: Start computer in safe
    mode.

• Type Settings in the search box on the desktop, select
      Settings.

• Here select Change pc settings and then
      General.

• Scroll down to Advanced startup, click
      Restart now.

• Click on Troubleshoot, Advanced options, and Startup Settings.

• Click Restart, select Safe mode and then press
      Enter.

Step 2: Enable Built-in administrator.

• Press Windows + X key together on your desktop screen.

• Click on Command Prompt (admin) to open
        Command Prompt.

• Type the following command and hit Enter:

• net user administrator /active: yes
      (Check for the spaces)
    d. Now log off from the current user and try to login to the administrator account that is enabled.

Note: Please follow the same steps and type net user administrator /active: no to disable admin account after the troubleshooting is done.

Method 2: Try to create a new user account (Microsoft account) and check if you are able to access the content from your computer

Create a user account

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/create-user-account#create-user-account=windows-10

Note: Create a Microsoft account

Method 3: Check the status of User profile services.

Steps:

• Press Windows + R to open Run command, type
      Services.msc and press Enter.
    • Search for User Profile Service, right click on it and
      start the service.
    • Also, set the Startup type to
      Automatic
    • Now check if you are able to log-in.

Hope this information is helpful. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Ashish Sondhi, Oct 9, 2018
  3. User profile cannot be loaded.

Hi Annie,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you with the user accounts on Windows 10.

Method 1: I suggest you enter into safe mode and enable built-in administrator and check with the status of User profile service.

Step 1: Start computer in safe
    mode.

• Type Settings in the search box on the desktop, select
      Settings.

• Here select Change pc settings and then
      General.

• Scroll down to Advanced startup, click
      Restart now.

• Click on Troubleshoot, Advanced options, and Startup Settings.

• Click Restart, select Safe mode and then press
      Enter.

Step 2: Enable Built-in administrator.

• Press Windows + X key together on your desktop screen.

• Click on Command Prompt (admin) to open
        Command Prompt.

• Type the following command and hit Enter:

• net user administrator /active: yes
      (Check for the spaces)
    d. Now log off from the current user and try to login to the administrator account that is enabled.

Note: Please follow the same steps and type net user administrator /active: no to disable admin account after the troubleshooting is done.

Method 2: Try to create a new user account (Microsoft account) and check if you are able to access the content from your computer

Create a user account

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/create-user-account#create-user-account=windows-8

Note: Create a Microsoft account

Method 3: Check the status of User profile services.

Steps:

• Press Windows + R to open Run command, type
      Services.msc and press Enter.
    • Search for User Profile Service, right click on it and
      start the service.
    • Also, set the Startup type to
      Automatic
    • Now check if you are able to log-in.

Please get back to us with updated status, we will be happy to assist you.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, Oct 9, 2018
  4. difference between microsoft account and user profile

Deleting Windows 10 user account/profile

Hello,

For us to better assist you, we'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • Are you login to an Administrator account?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you disable the said user account via Command Prompt. Refer to the steps below:

1. Right-click on Start button, select
    Command Prompt (Admin).

2. On the Command Prompt window, type in net user and press
    Enter.

3. A list of user profiles on your computer will appear, if you see the user account you wish to disable then you can type:

net user ExampleUserName /active:no (note the space between the end of the user name and the /) and press
    Enter.

Note: Make sure that you have other accounts available to your computer with Administrator rights before performing this method.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Oct 9, 2018
Thema:

difference between microsoft account and user profile

1. difference between microsoft account and user profile - Similar Threads - difference between microsoft

2. If you delete a user profile, will it affect the account on a different device?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    If you delete a user profile, will it affect the account on a different device?: If you delete a user profile, will it affect the account on a different device? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-you-delete-a-user-profile-will-it-affect-the/ffdba9ce-4cec-4ae9-befe-62548c93b165
  3. Is there any difference between accounts with microsoft and accounts without?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there any difference between accounts with microsoft and accounts without?: Is there any diference between windows accounts that are connected to mictosoft, and windows accounts that are not? submitted by /u/Wooden-Fan5324 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kvg9eg/is_there_any_difference_between_accounts_with/
  4. Sharing Microsoft store games between user profiles

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sharing Microsoft store games between user profiles: My fiancée and I both play the game Sea of Thieves, which is an xbox game pass game installed via the Microsoft Store (I believe); however, my fiancée is unable to access the game on her user profile. It is prompting her to install the game, I assume a second time, which...
  5. Connection between local users and Microsoft accounts?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Connection between local users and Microsoft accounts?: Im trying to improve what I understand about Windows accounts. I know that there is a great deal of information on this Forum, including a number of relevant tutorials, but Im still confused about certain basic matters. 1. Does an Administrator who is set up as a Local...
  6. Difference between deleting user profile by different ways

Difference between deleting user profile by different ways: Profile of a user is corruped in a Domain PC. What is the difference if admin delete the user profile via advance system properties instead from registry editor. 142813
  7. Programs and desktop are shared between different user accounts.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Programs and desktop are shared between different user accounts.: Hello, I have a bought a new laptop which 3 different people will share so I created 3 different user accounts for each person. I would assume that each user would see his/her own programs and desktop but that doesn't seem to be the case. When someone adds something...
  8. Switching between user accounts on Windows10 to make a different Microsoft account the new...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Switching between user accounts on Windows10 to make a different Microsoft account the new...: Hi everyone, I have a new Microsoft account and want to change the account that I use to log into my Windows10 laptop to this new Microsoft account. I already found a pretty neat explanation on how to add a new local account, log into a Microsoft account on that and then...
  9. difference between microsoft account and user profile

difference between microsoft account and user profile: Hello.I have windows 10 build 1703.I am confused about differences between microsoft account and user profile.When i am searching or i have a porblem , i don't know which term should I do for the search.So i have some questions: 1) are the same? 2) Can i permanently delete...
  10. User profile of a Microsoft account

User profile of a Microsoft account: Hi Using the web, how do I see the public profile of a user who has a Microsoft account live.it or outlook.com or outook.it? Thanks Bye 64612

Users found this page by searching for:

1. difference between profile and account in outlook

2. difference between user account and microsoft account

3. difference between a microsoft account and profile

4. different between profile microsoft account,
  5. difference between profiles and accounts