Windows 10: Difference between Semi-Annual Channel and Semi-Annual Channel (targeted) in regards to...

Discus and support Difference between Semi-Annual Channel and Semi-Annual Channel (targeted) in regards to... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have never had a problem with updates to my Win 10 laptop, 2 years now. But I have decided to have these updates installed a bit later. Instead of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Paul Rittman, Oct 11, 2018.

1. Difference between Semi-Annual Channel and Semi-Annual Channel (targeted) in regards to...

I have never had a problem with updates to my Win 10 laptop, 2 years now. But I have decided to have these updates installed a bit later. Instead of simply delaying my updates for a month, and then turning them back on manually, I think it would be better to simply move my update channel. I have been on the Semi Annual Channel, and would like to move to the Semiannual Channel (targeted). That would still deliver updates, but later, correct?

Also, in regards to the recent cumulative update (I must be the only one who hasn't had a computer goofed up by it)--have users on the Targeted update channel had it delivered yet?

:)

Paul Rittman, Oct 11, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Windows Semi-Annual Channel and Targeted Deployment

Source: The Windows Semi-Annual Channel and Targeted Deployment Surface

Brink, Oct 13, 2018
  3. cereberus Win User
    Windows Semi-Annual Channel and Targeted Deployment

This is a nice paragraph from link below which sums it up very clearly.

Windows as a service: Simplified and Aligned Windows for IT Pros

As part of the alignment with Windows 10 and Office 365 ProPlus, we are also adopting common terminology to make it as easy as possible to understand the servicing process. The two most important terms to understand:

Semi-Annual Channel. These are the twice-per-year feature update releases, targeting March and September, designed for the broad population of general-purpose PCs used throughout organizations. Each of these releases will be serviced for 18 months from the date of release. (The Semi-Annual Channel replaces the Current Branch [CB] and Current Branch for Business [CBB] concepts.)
    Long-Term Servicing Channel. These are less frequent releases, expected every 2-3 years (with the next one expected in 2019), designed for special-purpose PCs such as those used in point-of-sale systems or controlling factory or medical equipment. Each of these releases will be serviced for 10 years from the date of release. (The Long-Term Servicing Channel replaces the Long-Term Servicing Branch [LTSB].)

cereberus, Oct 13, 2018
  4. Brink Win User

Difference between Semi-Annual Channel and Semi-Annual Channel (targeted) in regards to...

Windows Server version 1803 Semi-Annual Channel update

Source: Windows Server Semi-Annual Channel update Windows Server Blog

Brink, Oct 13, 2018
Thema:

Difference between Semi-Annual Channel and Semi-Annual Channel (targeted) in regards to...

1. Difference between Semi-Annual Channel and Semi-Annual Channel (targeted) in regards to... - Similar Threads - Difference between Semi

2. Stuck on Semi-Annual Enterprise Channel

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Stuck on Semi-Annual Enterprise Channel: I was originally on the current channel and in the process of trying to connect a work email it was changed to semi-annual enterprise channel on my home PC. I want to get back to the current channel but I am stuck. I tried using the OfficeC2RClient to change the channel to...
  3. Microsoft 365 Semi-Annual Channel v1908 build 11929.20838 - June 9

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft 365 Semi-Annual Channel v1908 build 11929.20838 - June 9: Version 1908 (Build 11929.20838) Security updates listed here Resolved issues Excel Fixed an issue where Excel could become unresponsive after using Ctrl+Shift+Arrow keys to scroll when the Excel window is shared through Teams. Fixed a problem with the scaling of...
  4. Office 365 Semi-Annual Channel v1908 build 11929.20708 - April 14

in Windows 10 News
    Office 365 Semi-Annual Channel v1908 build 11929.20708 - April 14: Version 1908 (Build 11929.20708) Security updates listed here Resolved issues Excel Fixed an issue which led to slow performance when deleting columns that contain merged cells. Fixed a problem with scaling of text in form controls when displayed in Print Preview. Skype...
  5. Office 365 Semi-Annual Channel v1908 build 11929.20648 - March 10

in Windows 10 News
    Office 365 Semi-Annual Channel v1908 build 11929.20648 - March 10: Version 1908 (Build 11929.20648) Security updates listed here Resolved issues Excel Fixed an issue where some users may have experienced multiple pop-up windows when external links were present in the workbook. Text to Column functionality may fail for some locales. Users...
  6. Choose when updates are installed (Semi annual channel / Targeted) option disappeared in 1909

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Choose when updates are installed (Semi annual channel / Targeted) option disappeared in 1909: [ATTACH] After updating to 1909, I don't see this option anymore under advanced settings in Windows update. Is this normal or bug? https://preview.redd.it/am208683any31.png?width=1163&format=png&auto=webp&s=9b8b5bdcb4d91bc3241771e37731e9789d43d1b1 submitted by...
  7. Windows 10 and the disappearing Semi-Annual Channel Targeted (SAC-T)

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 and the disappearing Semi-Annual Channel Targeted (SAC-T): When we first released Windows 10 in July 2015, we tried to explain the process by which servicing worked in what became known as the Current Branch/Current Branch for Business, or CB/CBB. As part of a cross-functional team of authors who dedicated many, many hours to the...
  8. Windows Semi-Annual Channel and Targeted Deployment

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Semi-Annual Channel and Targeted Deployment: As you may have already seen on the Windows Experience blog, yesterday we announced that the Windows 10 Creators Update is ready for broad deployment. Additionally, we announced a transition from the Current Branch (CB) and Current Branch for Business (CBB) model of Windows...
  9. Windows Server version 1803 Semi-Annual Channel update

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Server version 1803 Semi-Annual Channel update: UPDATE: Windows Server, version 1803 will be generally available for Software Assurance customers on May 7, 2018. You can access the VLSC portal on that date to download the bits. Last week we announced that Windows Server 2019, the next release in the Long-Term Servicing...
  10. Office 2016 & Office 365 Semi-Annual Channel v1708 build 8431.2153

in Windows 10 News
    Office 2016 & Office 365 Semi-Annual Channel v1708 build 8431.2153: Semi-Annual Channel January 9, 2018 Version 1708 (Build 8431.2153) Note: Deferred Channel is now named Semi-Annual Channel. Access: Feature updates This channel release contains the following feature updates: Label Name property: Enhance accessibility by...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. semi annual channel vs targeted

2. semi-annual channel vs targeted

3. semi annual channel targeted or not

4. semi-annual channel targeted,
  5. semi annual targeted vs semi annual,
  6. semi annual channel targeted,
  7. semi-annual channel (targeted),
  8. semi annual vs semi annual targeted,
  9. semi-annual targeted,
  10. semi annual channel targeted unterschied,
  11. windows semi-annual channel vs targeted,