Windows 10: Difference between "sleep" & "hibernate" 7 "turn off display

Discus and support Difference between "sleep" & "hibernate" 7 "turn off display in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I would like to know what exactly happens when I chose one of the above Thanks Mike... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Mikey_6869, Jun 19, 2019.

1. Difference between "sleep" & "hibernate" 7 "turn off display

I would like to know what exactly happens when I chose one of the above

Thanks

Mike

:)

Mikey_6869, Jun 19, 2019
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Difference between "sleep" & "hibernate" 7 "turn off display

Hi Mike

Turn Off Display - Just your screen is turned off, if you have processes running or applications open those continue with the screen off

Hibernate - your screen goes off, the contents of RAM (all your running applications and open Files . .. etc.) are written to your hard drive, then when you wake your PC, that is read back from your hard drive into RAM - best for long periods of rest

Sleep - your screen goes off, all processes are suspended in time, but kept in RAM, faster wake up than hibernate and best for short periods of rest

DaveM121, Jun 27, 2019
  3. claylomax Win User
    Shutting down, hibernating, or sleeping?

I only get hibernate and allow wake timers not allow hybrid sleep.

claylomax, Jun 27, 2019
  4. Toothless Win User

Shutting down, hibernating, or sleeping?

Turn off hybrid sleep/hibernate.

Difference between "sleep" & "hibernate" 7 "turn off display [​IMG]

Toothless, Jun 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Difference between "sleep" & "hibernate" 7 "turn off display - Similar Threads - Difference between sleep

2. Hibernate/Sleep interruptions, and broken "turning off monitors"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hibernate/Sleep interruptions, and broken "turning off monitors": Turning monitors off via power management crashes the computer and once it displays the desktop it's frozen. There is no further info possible for me to provide on this issue. I've gone through and disabled Global C-States in the BIOS, left the APM default, enabled...
  3. What is the difference between sleep mode and your screen turning off. For laptops.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is the difference between sleep mode and your screen turning off. For laptops.: I have an HP laptop and I have the Steam store installed. I have set up Steam Link, so I can play some of my Steam games on my phone if I am out of town. I know I have to have my computer on for it to work while I am away. I see in my setting showing Screen off after so long...
  4. What is the difference between sleep mode and your screen turning off. For laptops.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is the difference between sleep mode and your screen turning off. For laptops.: I have an HP laptop and I have the Steam store installed. I have set up Steam Link, so I can play some of my Steam games on my phone if I am out of town. I know I have to have my computer on for it to work while I am away. I see in my setting showing Screen off after so long...
  5. What is the difference between sleep mode and your screen turning off. For laptops.

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. My laptop turns off/hibernates while it's sleeping

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop turns off/hibernates while it's sleeping: I have windows 11 and my problem is that my laptop turns off/hibernates while sleeping. I can't tell if it's hibernating or turned off. There is no "hibernate after" option in my advanced power options menu. What can I do to fix this?...
  7. My laptop turns off/hibernates while it's sleeping

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop turns off/hibernates while it's sleeping: I have windows 11 and my problem is that my laptop turns off/hibernates while sleeping. I can't tell if it's hibernating or turned off. There is no "hibernate after" option in my advanced power options menu. What can I do to fix this?...
  8. What is difference in power options between turning off screen and sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    What is difference in power options between turning off screen and sleep: Hello, While I understand the distinction between battery and plug, I don't, precisely, understand the difference between "Screen" and "Sleep." I would appreciate an explanation. I also have a pin on my laptop and am hoping that one of the -- either "Screen" or "Sleep" will...
  9. Turning off Hibernation

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Turning off Hibernation: What's the difference between disabling hibernation through the power settings by selecting "never" in the hibernation section or using the command "powercfg.exe /h off" in the command line? submitted by /u/JoaoVieira16 [link] [comments]...
  10. Difference between "Turn off screen" and "sleep" on Surface Pro?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Difference between "Turn off screen" and "sleep" on Surface Pro?: On computers with Connected Standby enabled (Surface Pro, various supported tablets and ultrabooks…), you can set a separate time for "Turn screen off after" and "PC goes sleep after" from PC Settings -> System -> Power & Sleep. However only the first parameter seems to be...