Windows 10: Difference between System32 and SysWOW64 folders in Windows 10

Discus and support Difference between System32 and SysWOW64 folders in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] [ATTACH]If you been using Windows OS for some time, I am sure you must have seen this System32 folder. However, If you are on a 64-bit PC, you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Jan 11, 2019.

1. WinClub New Member

Difference between System32 and SysWOW64 folders in Windows 10

WinClub, Jan 11, 2019

2. SLI with different cards

Here is what is did
    step 1:
    Difference between System32 and SysWOW64 folders in Windows 10 1516036961984-png.png

step 2:
    Difference between System32 and SysWOW64 folders in Windows 10 1516036994068-png.png

:/ i dont get this doe ?

okay ive done the same thing as you but i cant put the file back into the folder

• Copy nvlddmkm.sys in C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_5518e59e8d3b48f4\ to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\ and replace the existing one.
    that thing

gamingturkey1, Jan 11, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 11, 2019
  4. Grings Win User

Windows Server 2008 RC Available to Public

yeah, i added the d3dx10-3x.dll's to the c/windows/sysWOW64 and system32 folders, and it all works now

Grings, Jan 11, 2019
Thema:

1. Difference between System32 and SysWOW64 folders in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Difference between System32

2. SysWOW64 and System32- Both Folders Have Mostly the Same Files, Is This Okay?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SysWOW64 and System32- Both Folders Have Mostly the Same Files, Is This Okay?: I don't have much of a knowledge base on the inner workings of Windows 10, but I saw that System32 and SysWOW64 folders have mostly the same files, is this intended and okay? I didn't browse the entire folders because they're so big, but the stark difference I saw was that...
  3. SysWOW64 and System32- Both Folders Have Mostly the Same Files, Is This Okay?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SysWOW64 and System32- Both Folders Have Mostly the Same Files, Is This Okay?: I don't have much of a knowledge base on the inner workings of Windows 10, but I saw that System32 and SysWOW64 folders have mostly the same files, is this intended and okay? I didn't browse the entire folders because they're so big, but the stark difference I saw was that...
  4. SysWOW64 and System32- Both Folders Have Mostly the Same Files, Is This Okay?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Is this a virus? Has Different system32 folder System32 vs system32.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is this a virus? Has Different system32 folder System32 vs system32.: There is no description on this, so that may mean it is not safe. I disabled it but it says it's running currently. Right clicking then opening the file location takes me to the System32 folder, but I cannot find the lowercase s system32 folder shown under the Command line....
  6. Is this a virus? Has Different system32 folder System32 vs system32.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is this a virus? Has Different system32 folder System32 vs system32.: There is no description on this, so that may mean it is not safe. I disabled it but it says it's running currently. Right clicking then opening the file location takes me to the System32 folder, but I cannot find the lowercase s system32 folder shown under the Command line....
  7. What is the difference between System32 and SysWOW64?

What is the difference between System32 and SysWOW64?: So, there are two folders in C:\Windows called System32 and SysWOW64, and when i opened the folders they looked exactly the same. They even had the same copy of files like Command Prompt and Task Manager. Is there a difference in the files of these folders? Is one like a...
  8. Dell Laptop Missing Several .dll Files From System32 and SysWOW64 Folders

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dell Laptop Missing Several .dll Files From System32 and SysWOW64 Folders: I am trying to load a plugin to play Fallout 4 right now but I noticed from one of the logs that the plugin is not loading because several dependencies are missing. These dependencies are: MSVCP140_ATOMIC_WAIT.dll, api-ms-win-crt-heap-l1-1-0.dll,...
  9. Dell Laptop Missing Several .dll Files From System32 and SysWOW64 Folders

Dell Laptop Missing Several .dll Files From System32 and SysWOW64 Folders: I am trying to load a plugin to play Fallout 4 right now but I noticed from one of the logs that the plugin is not loading because several dependencies are missing. These dependencies are: MSVCP140_ATOMIC_WAIT.dll, api-ms-win-crt-heap-l1-1-0.dll,...
  10. syswow64 folder

in Windows 10 Support
    syswow64 folder: Hi , My syswow64 folder keeps opening on its own can any one please help. Windows 10 64bit 25813

Users found this page by searching for:

1. about windows syswow64 and system32