Windows 10: Difference between System32 and SysWOW64 folders in Windows 10

Discus and support Difference between System32 and SysWOW64 folders in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] [ATTACH]If you been using Windows OS for some time, I am sure you must have seen this System32 folder. However, If you are on a 64-bit PC, you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Jan 11, 2019.

1. WinClub New Member

Difference between System32 and SysWOW64 folders in Windows 10

WinClub, Jan 11, 2019

2. SLI with different cards

Here is what is did
    step 1:
    Difference between System32 and SysWOW64 folders in Windows 10 1516036961984-png.png

step 2:
    Difference between System32 and SysWOW64 folders in Windows 10 1516036994068-png.png

:/ i dont get this doe ?

okay ive done the same thing as you but i cant put the file back into the folder

• Copy nvlddmkm.sys in C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_5518e59e8d3b48f4\ to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\ and replace the existing one.
    that thing

gamingturkey1, Jan 11, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 11, 2019
  4. Grings Win User

Windows Server 2008 RC Available to Public

yeah, i added the d3dx10-3x.dll's to the c/windows/sysWOW64 and system32 folders, and it all works now

Grings, Jan 11, 2019
Thema:

1. Difference between System32 and SysWOW64 folders in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Difference between System32

2. and Difference between

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    and Difference between: What is the difference between defender definition updates KB915597 and KB2267602? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/and-difference-between/090c74ba-f728-4424-ab7c-759bf9453aaf
  3. Can I reset 'System32 and SysWow64' by using 'Reset This Pc'?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I reset 'System32 and SysWow64' by using 'Reset This Pc'?: hi , I just wonder if I use ( Settings -> Update&Security ->Recovery -> Reset This Pc ) can I reset the System32 and Syswow64? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-reset-system32-and-syswow64-by-using-reset/1c724768-e1f2-4b12-a9ae-02b294c316ac
  4. windows 10 system32 folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 system32 folder: A few moments ago, I changed a bunch of .dll files in my Windows 10 system32 folder by inadvertently pointing them to an app that they should not now be pointing to. I suppose that I shall have to restore or re-install the entire system32 folder in Windows 10 before I...
  5. windows 10 switching between different Virtual Desktops

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 switching between different Virtual Desktops: Bug reproduce: OS: windows 10: 1803 (x64 intel 7500U 8G ram) it is easy to reproduce the bug.... When I press Task View it will show currently opened apps on this desktop (e.g. desktop 1) then I add a new virtual desktop (e.g. desktop 2) Now Task View shows I have...
  6. What Is the Difference Between Windows 10 Backup Tools?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    What Is the Difference Between Windows 10 Backup Tools?: I don't fully understand the difference between some backup tools included in Windows 10. There is File History. I think this makes backup of my user data files. It allows me to retrieve an earlier version of a user file. It appears to keep many older versions. The history...
  7. Difference between ISO's?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Difference between ISO's?: If I download a new ISO with the MediaCreation tool from MS today, will the ISO be different from launch day? Meaning, does it contain all updates and fixes that has been sent out since launch? 26015
  8. Difference between UEFI and BIOS

in Windows 10 Support
    Difference between UEFI and BIOS: I'm confused with terminology and origin of UEFI and BIOS. I only understand benefits of UEFI. Is UEFI part of BIOS? Can PC have both? Are boot modes parts of UEFI or BIOS? Where UEFI is stored on PC? Does OS contains UEFI? Can UEFI be flashed/updated? Two good...
  9. system32 folder opens at startup

in Windows 10 Support
    system32 folder opens at startup: Hello, This has been a long standing problem that I have not been able to find an answer for on my own. I am unsure of what caused this to happen initially, but when I was using Windows 7 the system32 folder (C:\WINDOWS\system32) would open whenever I started my...
  10. syswow64 folder

in Windows 10 Support
    syswow64 folder: Hi , My syswow64 folder keeps opening on its own can any one please help. Windows 10 64bit 25813