Windows 10: Difference between these 2 registry locations for hiding icons ?

Discus and support Difference between these 2 registry locations for hiding icons ? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey Guys I am attempting to tidy up our Group Policy for Widows 10. Could someone please tell me the difference between these 2 registry locations?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ancient, Jun 29, 2019.

1. ancient Win User

Difference between these 2 registry locations for hiding icons ?

Hey Guys

I am attempting to tidy up our Group Policy for Widows 10.
    Could someone please tell me the difference between these 2 registry locations?

Thanks....

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\HideDesktopIcons\ClassicStartM enu]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\HideDesktopIcons\NewStartPanel]

:)

ancient, Jun 29, 2019
  2. Arul_D Win User

How can I hide the notification icon on my taskbar

Hello,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

I would suggest you to follow the steps to hide the notification icon on your taskbar.

• Type Settings on your search bar

• Click on systems

• Select notifications and actions

• Disable all the notifications on the screen
    Hope this information helps. If you have further queries, we will be happy to help.

Arul_D, Jun 29, 2019
  3. missing shell icons registry

hi, i have tried to modify the folder icon so that whenever i create a new folder, the icon will automatically changed to the one I have set.

but i cant find the shell icons registry.

any1 can help me on this?

thanks in advance.

or is there any other method to change the folder icon?

silverwing, Jun 29, 2019
  4. mk_ln Win User

Vista x64 'Hide inactive icons'

Hi, i recently installed Vista x64 on one of my drives. the good news is that it recognizes all my RAM (4GB), the bad news, so far, is that i no longer have the < or > to show or hide inactive icons (it is normally to the left of the clock and other icons in the bottom right side of the screen). is this a known problem in Vista x64? i have already tried to edit the registry thinking that the problem was there, but it wasn't. i have already enabled the settings in the taskbar so that inactive icons SHOULD hide, but the little arrow (< or >) doesnt show up; just a blank space where it should be.

thanks in advance for any solutions or help.

mk_ln, Jun 29, 2019
Thema:

1. Difference between these 2 registry locations for hiding icons ? - Similar Threads - Difference between registry

2. Difference between 2 files that have the same extension

in Windows 10 Support
    Difference between 2 files that have the same extension: Hi 1st time here, I have a situation where files are being written to a folder with the same file extension (.art) and they can be either a csv type or a PDF and I want to copy the csv files only to another folder to be FTP to a site. I have been looking at Powershell as I...
  3. registry location for the .ai icon?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    registry location for the .ai icon?: hello , ive been trying to change the file icons, would any one know where abouts the icon would be located https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/registry-location-for-the-ai-icon/f3d108ae-3f2b-4adc-bfa3-f8d891fb1bc2
  4. what is the difference between these 2 examples

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    what is the difference between these 2 examples: whea_uncorrectable_error bsod is an indication of a hardware problem take for example these 2 people who got that bsod:- 1) person aaa - aaa is getting that bsod multiple times in the same day and it can happen randomly when the pc is being used, when it's being shut down,...
  5. Difference between

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Difference between: Is there a significant difference between the 14" Pavilion Laptop and the 14" Stream Laptop? Thanks. Sean https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/difference-between/c649a7f5-03d2-4ee9-9dab-d71a780e228f
  6. What's the difference between these 2 display settings?

in Windows 10 Customization
    What's the difference between these 2 display settings?: Both of them seem to allow you to make stuff on the screen larger as you can see I like things to be a bit bigger on such a hi-res screen. But what's the actual difference? For example... Would either of them affect viewing a hi-res video, say on Netflix? Would one of...
  7. and Difference between

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    and Difference between: What is the difference between defender definition updates KB915597 and KB2267602? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/and-difference-between/090c74ba-f728-4424-ab7c-759bf9453aaf
  8. File sharing between users at different locations

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File sharing between users at different locations: I would like to share files across different computers with different users. For example, the admin user on Desktop would like to have full control over Laptop and vice versa. I have network discovery and file sharing turned on, the proper services are started, and the...
  9. Difference Between WSUS and wushowhide.diagcab (Show/Hide)

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Difference Between WSUS and wushowhide.diagcab (Show/Hide): ...we might have had this conversation in another thread. I said I was a cynic and you said you were not : ) So we did... *Smile Changed Windows Update Assistant Settings and Have a Question
  10. Differences between Compatibility Troubleshooter and registry key set

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Differences between Compatibility Troubleshooter and registry key set: Hi all, according to this tutorial https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1...dows-10-a.html compatibility settings could be done in several ways. However, I'm experiencing a different behaviour if I set compatibility through registry key or through Program Compatibility...